Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are your most anticipated games (late 2023/2024)

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Sometimes we need fantasy to survive reality 
    https://biturl.top/rU7bY3
    Beyond the shadows there's always light
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Aeander said:
    Ys 8: Lacrimosa of Dana darkhorsed its way into my top 10 games of all time.

So I am excited for Ys 10: Nordics. I am very excited.
    Ys 8 is ridiculously good, so good that I still haven’t played 9 yet and am afraid to touch it. Even with 50% off in the Eshop right now.

Looking forward to Monster Hunter Rise at 4k on Series X myself and Guilty Gear Strive with crossplay. Ohh, and about to finally start my playthrough of Bayonetta 3.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428
    Rogue Trader. And Darktide(I know Fatshark entirely too well, time to wait for the full game). Nothing in specific besides.
    Scot
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,837
    lahnmir said:
    Aeander said:

Ys 8 is ridiculously good, so good that I still haven’t played 9 yet and am afraid to touch it. Even with 50% off in the Eshop right now.

Looking forward to Monster Hunter Rise at 4k on Series X myself and Guilty Gear Strive with crossplay. Ohh, and about to finally start my playthrough of Bayonetta 3.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Your fear is understandable. 9 is nowhere near as good as 8. I guess I need to finish it next year, but I found it uncharacteristically slow and meandering for a Ys game.
    lahnmir
    Aeander said:
    lahnmir said:
    Aeander said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Your fear is understandable. 9 is nowhere near as good as 8. I guess I need to finish it next year, but I found it uncharacteristically slow and meandering for a Ys game.
    Thanks for the warning, slow and meandering are words I do NOT want to associate with an Ys title. The new Star Ocean it is for the next months.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

lahnmir said:
    Aeander said:
    lahnmir said:
    Aeander said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Thanks for the warning, slow and meandering are words I do NOT want to associate with an Ys title. The new Star Ocean it is for the next months.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Yeah, my disappointment was palpable given that I actually liked the ideas behind it. It has the coolest Adol and a great cast of characters. It just didn't give me the adrenaline rush that games like 8 and Celceta did.

I think they know what fans want though, since the previews for Nordics seem to lean on 8's aesthetic hard.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    edited December 2022
    Looking forward to:
    MMOs: None
    Single player/co-op: 7 Days to Die Alpha 21
    Aeander said:
    lahnmir said:
    Aeander said:
    lahnmir said:
    Aeander said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Yeah, my disappointment was palpable given that I actually liked the ideas behind it. It has the coolest Adol and a great cast of characters. It just didn't give me the adrenaline rush that games like 8 and Celceta did.

I think they know what fans want though, since the previews for Nordics seem to lean on 8's aesthetic hard.
    In the end I couldn’t resist and still bought Ys9. After finishing Bayonetta 3 I figured out a sequel in another series could not be equally, frustratingly, soul crushingly, disappointing.

Ys9 certainly has a less energetic vibe than the games before it and defending a crystal because some moody emo woman tells you to is definitely less involving then defending Castaway Village from raids. But man, the writing, the characters, the hilarious opening, the tight combat and gameplay mechanics that all come together effortlessly, it is all Ys through and through. The city of Balduq, which admittedly seems dull at first, turns into a great playground as you keep unlocking more ways to traverse it. Mind you, I have only done the first ten hours or so, so the game might lose momentum at some point but so far I am pleasantly surprised. Same same, but different.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    cheyane

lahnmir said:
    Aeander said:
    lahnmir said:
    Aeander said:
    lahnmir said:
    Aeander said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

In the end I couldn’t resist and still bought Ys9. After finishing Bayonetta 3 I figured out a sequel in another series could not be equally, frustratingly, soul crushingly, disappointing.

Ys9 certainly has a less energetic vibe than the games before it and defending a crystal because some moody emo woman tells you to is definitely less involving then defending Castaway Village from raids. But man, the writing, the characters, the hilarious opening, the tight combat and gameplay mechanics that all come together effortlessly, it is all Ys through and through. The city of Balduq, which admittedly seems dull at first, turns into a great playground as you keep unlocking more ways to traverse it. Mind you, I have only done the first ten hours or so, so the game might lose momentum at some point but so far I am pleasantly surprised. Same same, but different.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    There's things I like about it, mind you. Like, I think it has a better cast of characters for the most part than 8 (though no one on par with Hummel). I certainly intend to go back to it.

But the solo sections involving Adol in the jail are a major pacebreaker for me. 

• REPOMan11REPOMan11 Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    Well, this has so far

In addition to the remakes of Resident Evil 4, Dead Island 2, Dead Space, Final Fantasy Games, Hogwarts Legacy, Diablo 4, Starfield, Suicide Squad, Spider-Man 2, The Invincible, Avatar Frontiers of Pandora, Dragon Age: Dreadwolf, Star Wars: Jedi Survivor, Assassin's Creed Mirage, Atomic Heart, and Forspoken, I'd like to see more of these movies.
  • giantessfangiantessfan Member UncommonPosts: 185
    edited January 2023
    Shit here we go.

FFXVI,
    Spider Man 2,
    FFVII Remake Part 2 (or is that early 2024?),
    Starfield,
    Redfall,
     Avowed (Hopefully. Please Phil),
    Sucide Squad, Hogwarts Legacy,
    Baldurs gate 3,
    Street Fighter 6,
    Diablo 4 (Hope its good),
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2,
    Atomic Heart,
    Frontiers of Pandora, 
    Ark 2, 
    Pikman 4,
    (Hopefully) Warhammmer 40k: Rouge trader.
    Forza Motorsport 8

MMOs: NO FUCKING WAY THIS HAPPENS. Alpha or beta test for the LoL MMO. No shot it happens but I would love to be accepted to something like that.

Edit: Odds are I won't play much though. As my second child is due sometime next year. We find out the due date next monday
  • RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    Shit here we go.

FFXVI,
    Spider Man 2,
    FFVII Remake Part 2 (or is that early 2024?),
    Starfield,
    Redfall,
     Avowed (Hopefully. Please Phil),
    Sucide Squad, Hogwarts Legacy,
    Baldurs gate 3,
    Street Fighter 6,
    Diablo 4 (Hope its good),
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2,
    Atomic Heart,
    Frontiers of Pandora, 
    Ark 2, 
    Pikman 4,
    (Hopefully) Warhammmer 40k: Rouge trader.
    Forza Motorsport 8

MMOs: NO FUCKING WAY THIS HAPPENS. Alpha or beta test for the LoL MMO. No shot it happens but I would love to be accepted to something like that.

Edit: Odds are I won't play much though. As my second child is due sometime next year. We find out the due date next monday
    I agree with the most part of this
    So here's what I'm looking at now.

Most Anticipated

Ys X Nordics - What if Ys 8, one of the greatest JRPGs of all time, had Kingdom Hearts inspired combat and naval combat inspired by Black Flag?

Kuro no Kiseki (Trails into the Dark) - probably a couple years off, but the next arc of Nihon Falcom's ambitious narrative will also shift the gameplay to something closer to FF7 Remake or Persona 5 Strikers and it looks damn good.

Persona 3 Reload - announcement leaked yesterday. Day 1 gamepass. Absolutely hyped.

Path of Exile 2

Eiyuden Chronicles, the spiritual successor to Suikoden.

Dragon's Dogma 2

PS+ Extra

I rely on my PS+ Extra sub for a lot of my gaming now, so Sony 1st parties and certain franchises that are nigh-guaranteed to hit the service (Yakuza, Final Fantasy) actually release in my mind when they hit this service. So of course God of War Ragnarok, Spiderman 2, Like a Dragon Gaiden, Like a Dragon Ishin, Like a Dragon 8, FF7 Remake Part 2, and FF16 will be games I very much look forward to playing in the long term future.

Kinda Hyped/Wary

I like what I see of Suicide Squad. I always have. If you asked me months ago, it would be number 1 on my list. Unfortunately, I think this is just doomed to be another looter shooter that has been killed by the internet before it even launches. 

Helldivers 2 - the third person answer to the first person Starship Troopers game, and I'm here for it. But I need to see more.

Palworld, if I can pick another playable character or make my own.
    Rogue Trader.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    There are lots of games coming out I want to play but what I am excited for is Avowed and Fable. I really hope Sat showing has some solid info about these games =)
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    -Nightingale
    -Tarisland

I'm not holding my breath, though.
  • BrainyBrainy Member EpicPosts: 2,038
    Where are the MMO's?  Can we get some MMO's please.  MMO genre is not looking good at the moment.
    cameltosis
  • Cactus_LFRezCactus_LFRez Member UncommonPosts: 206
    Here is my list of indies that look pretty good,

Dros
    Radio the Universe
    Elsie
    Toads of the Bayou
    Aloft
    Sulfur
    Skator Gator 3D
    Mika and the Witch's Mountain
    Moonstone Island
    Arc Seed
    Lunar Lux
    My Familar
    Fallen Leaf
    Tiny Thor
    Rose and Locket
    Sea of Stars
    Serum
    Toxic Crusaders
    30XX
    Terra Memoria
    Pizza Possum
    Anton Blast
    Wrestlequest
    Black Skylands
    Lysfanga the Timeshift Warrior
    Saltsea Chronicles
    Viewfinder
    Hyperlight Breaker
    Summerhill
    Lies of P
    Wizard with a Gun
    Quest Master
    Human Fall Flat 2
    Heroes of Hammerwatch 2
    Europa
    Nivalis
    Crypt Custodian

Just found out Remnant 2 releases the 25th of this July, very excited, their trailer is insane too. Before that Final Fantasy XVI and right now D4. Just D4 will last me the rest of this year and beyond….

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

From the Xbox showcase, Metaphor is one I'm hyped for.
    Avowed could be very interesting too. What happened to it anyhow?
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    [...] Bethesda still hasnt offered Skyrim on GoG.
    That has happened now.

NanfoodleGorwe
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    Since I last posted, Cities Skylines 2 has been announced!

I'm extremely excited about this game! I sunk nearly 500 hours into the first one and the modding scene for the game is awesome!
    Kyleran
  • UwakionnaUwakionna Member RarePosts: 1,139
    Looking forward to Dragon's Dogma 2 myself.

Path of the Goddess got my attention from today's Capcom announcements for looking a little trippy.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    edited June 2023

Aloft
    Sulfur
    Wizard with a Gun
    Star Wars Outlaw
    Dragon's Dogma 2
    Starfield
    Avowed
    Fable
    Nightingale
    FFXVI
    Spider Man 2
    Hogwarts Legacy
    Baldurs gate 3 
    Ark 2, 
    Ark 1.5 

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!