Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What will we play the next year? SWG2? D&D? Eve2? or another one? (poll)

GlemoranGlemoran Member Posts: 68

We all know that the quality of a MMORPG is made also by the quality and the number of it's players. That is why I would love to know your opinion on what will you play in the future (or maybe what would you like to play).

Because obviously there are many paths: there are MMORPG's already half way to FPS (like Star Wars Galaxies), while others still respect the classic RPG development. Which direction do you like?

Comments

• GlemoranGlemoran Member Posts: 68

By the way I received this link from xPaladin (I think) about a future Sci Fi MMORPG, Shadowrun:

http://www.shadowrun-online.com/sronline/index.php

And kefkah wrote about it:

"Cyberpunk kind of setting - borrowing heavily off of William Gibson writings save for the fact that it has trolls, elves, dwarves and such. Basically, in the future, magic comes back to the world meshing a futuristic blade runner type world with a bit of dungeons and dragons.

Players of the pen and paper took on "shadowruns" ie missions from shady agents of various backgrounds (Johnsons) that encompassed obejctives like milk runs and lead up to targetted strikes against major corporations (who pretty much run things). Dark, gritty and fast paced. No such thing as white knights - everyone was a touch of grey per se.

Games came afterwards. Pretty much the same though the SNES version broke quite a few rules in the p+p system ( a D6 system by FASA)..

Overall, a damn good setting, system and good play. DM'd it in RL for about 3 years and ran a play by post for 2.

Johnny Mnemonic with better plots and elves. :D"

If any of you guys could recommend me another good MMO in preparation please do. Thank you.

• freethinkerfreethinker Member UncommonPosts: 775
    I voted classic MMORPG becasue that's basically my favorite genre.  However, PotBS is coming out and I really have my eye on that one.
    If it's as good as I hope, I'll be playing that one.

==========================

• SpiritCrawlerSpiritCrawler Member Posts: 157

I'd like to see the genres not mix. An MMORPGFPS is simply a mess. You will have one genre overpower the other. Either the FPS will make the Roleplay factor lack, or vice versa.

Regards,
    SpiritCrawler

"In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don''t." -Blaise Pascal

• GlemoranGlemoran Member Posts: 68

Originally posted by SpiritCrawler

I'd like to see the genres not mix. An MMORPGFPS is simply a mess. You will have one genre overpower the other. Either the FPS will make the Roleplay factor lack, or vice versa.

I agree with you on that...and I hope the upcoming MMORPG's (and I can't wait for Dark and Light, Pirates of Burning Sea, Stargate or Star Trek Online) will be the real thing. However it will be difficult for me to choose only one (or even two of them)
  • SpiritCrawlerSpiritCrawler Member Posts: 157
    I usually only play one MMOG at a time. I just can't seem to devote the same amount of time for more than one in my schedule. If I have the budget this year, I'll invest in, maybe, two.

Regards,
    SpiritCrawler

"In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don''t." -Blaise Pascal