Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo IV Gets A New Trailer And Release Date At The Game Awards 2022, Coming June 6th 2023 | MMORPG

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2022 in Videos Discussion

imageDiablo IV Gets A New Trailer And Release Date At The Game Awards 2022, Coming June 6th 2023 | MMORPG.com

Diablo IV finally has a street date after years of development. Coming June 6th, 2023, Blizzard Entertainment revealed a new trailer as well, showing Hell and its denizens in full cinematic glory.

Read the full story here

Comments

• halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 535
    Guess we'll see. After the utter bullshit that is Immortal, I have no expectations.
    Slapshot1188enesisxlr8DelondialKrisConwayZenerenJeroKaneNilden
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    $70 for a game with tons of cosmetics and a battle pass is simply too much.  And you have to spend another $20 to get the four days early access.

The beta was pretty underwhelming as well.  I'm sure some people will eat it up, but I'm just turned off.
    emperorhades1enesisxlr8JeroKane
  • AsturiosAsturios Member UncommonPosts: 47
    70 Is hard

But atleast you get cosmetics and a mount for World of Warcraft which would cost about 20-25 in the ingame shop. But still a version where you can choose to pay less without the pet whould be better.

But in the end it will be payed by my WoW Gold so jeah no costs for me there.
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    edited December 2022
    Excited that it finally got a date, not so excited about the headstart for 20$ more. I don't care about the battlepass cause it is cosmetics only
  • emperorhades1emperorhades1 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    Underwhelming. I want everyone to pay attention to the developer interview and *features. The dungeons will have objectives. Objectives are quests. Keep that in mind before you pre-purchase. You will be doing an endless grind of quests and not just looting and slaying. No auction house or trading was mentioned. I am skipping this title and staying with Diablo II.
    Gorwe
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    $70 for a game with tons of cosmetics and a battle pass is simply too much.  And you have to spend another $20 to get the four days early access.

The beta was pretty underwhelming as well.  I'm sure some people will eat it up, but I'm just turned off.
    80 bucks for the regular, digital, version on Xbox even, insane.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    enesisxlr8McSleazJeroKaneGorwe
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982

lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

If it's a good game I will pay it.
    Just do not nickel and dime me
    SovrathScot

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited December 2022

lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

If it's a good game I will pay it.
    Just do not nickel and dime me
    Same. The 90 bucks version however features a ‘more rapidly progressing Battle Pass’ so I am not too positive yet.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

• emperorhades1emperorhades1 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    It's just not going to be fun to me. When people said they wanted open world diablo, they didnt mean faction grinds, quests, world quests and rift events. Diablo is about killing stuff, not clicking !s and ?s.
    McSleazGorwe
    A quote from that " The Diablo 4 team has reportedly been consistently losing developers. One 20-person team lost half of its members over a year. Former employees interviewed by the Post alleged that when they asked for raises, some managers suggested they quit the company to look for a higher wage elsewhere, and only return to Blizzard when they have more experience. Many of the employees who do leave have multiple years of experience, while their replacements are inexperienced, entry-level hires."

In other words, this is exactly how the free market is supposed to work.  The developers are not slaves.  They can decide if their compensation is equivalent to the work they are producing.  If not, they move on to where they believe greener pastures are.  If enough people do that then the company needs to address the issue by paying more, better benefits, or outsourcing

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    It's just not going to be fun to me. When people said they wanted open world diablo, they didnt mean faction grinds, quests, world quests and rift events. Diablo is about killing stuff, not clicking !s and ?s.
    D2 had alot of !s and ?s to progres through the game. It's not a new concept.
    emperorhades1

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• SplattrSplattr Member RarePosts: 543

Faction grinds = killing stuff. Quests = killing stuff. World quests = killing stuff. Rift events = killing stuff. A grind by any other name is still a grind. I am pretty sure Deckard Cain and other NPCs have been sending me on quests for decades, so what's the difference? And I would also bet that mobs will still be wandering around even if you don't click on a ! or ? before heading out of town.

ValdemarJ
  • SplattrSplattr Member RarePosts: 543

lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

The cost of a movie ticket in 1996 was less than $5. The cost of Diablo in 1996 was $50. The cost of a movie ticket in 2022 is just over $9. The cost of a game is $60-$80. I'd like to still be paying $50 for a game, but given the number of hours I'll play Diablo 4, it's still a pretty good value.
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259

Splattr said:

lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

The cost of a movie ticket in 1996 was less than $5. The cost of Diablo in 1996 was $50. The cost of a movie ticket in 2022 is just over $9. The cost of a game is $60-$80. I'd like to still be paying $50 for a game, but given the number of hours I'll play Diablo 4, it's still a pretty good value.

9$? It is like 24$ for a movie ticket with no food where I am. Dang
    Splattr said:

lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

I think I should clarify my stance. I am firmly in the camp that believes game prices should have risen ages ago and have never adjusted to inflation correction and rising costs. I did the math once based on average costs of developing a Playstation title through the decades, physical versus digital etc. and 80 bucks is still ‘cheap’ if companies want to keep the same ROI.

However, 80 bucks is not the standard in the gaming world. After more then a decade of 60 bucks the 70 bucks price was introduced a year or two ago and even that isn’t the standard. And now we have 80 bucks already. That isn’t a normal increase in price, it are huge leaps in short succession trying to ‘force’ a new norm, a ‘catching up’ so to speak that, although understandable, feels very forced and isn’t, like I stated, the norm. I am also very curious about the price of the physical edition.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 
    SplattrValdemarJ

• Veexer_NuiVeexer_Nui Member UncommonPosts: 268
    edited December 2022
    This game has worse reception than Diablo Immortal.

Check the reddit /r/gaming post about this games cash grab p2w. Over 100k posts and 700k views in 24 hours. A new record.

Absolute disaster of a game, avoid it.

€70 base game
    or
    €90 base game with 4 day head start (pay to win)
    Cash Shop
    Premium Platinum Currency (Warcraft doesn't have this, they allow direct USD purchase for cosmetic mounts)
    Premium Battle Pass
    €60 Expansions

Archeage EU - Nui

This game has worse reception than Diablo Immortal.

Check the reddit /r/gaming post about this games cash grab p2w. Over 100k posts and 700k views in 24 hours. A new record.

Absolute disaster of a game, avoid it.

€70 base game
    or
    €90 base game with 4 day head start (pay to win)
    Cash Shop
    Premium Platinum Currency (Warcraft doesn't have this, they allow direct USD purchase for cosmetic mounts)
    Premium Battle Pass
    €60 Expansions
    What exactly is P2W except for the 4 day head start?
    Whats in the cash shop?  In the Battle Pass?  What can you buy with the Premium Currency?
    Is it all cosmetic or is there more too it? 

• ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818
    The game is going to be a scam grift through and through.

Online-only even for single player.

A bunch of useless cosmetics that have no bearing on the game itself.

Before the Activision fanboys come screeching about how the game is online-only so that cheating can be avoided, I should point out that it would be quite simple to ship Diablo 4 with two clients:

- one client for Online-only play, whether multiplayer or single player with the extras of leaderboards, achievements and stuff.. and everything is stored on the servers, nothing on the player's machine

- one client for purely offline single player play, that has no access to the internet whatsoever and the character save files use different formats so it can't be used for any injecting into the online version

If Diablo 4 had offline single player mode, I would be more lenient towards it and would be remotely interested in playing it, but now I just don't care. This GAAS (Game-as-a-Service) scam grift is ruining gaming and the sheeple professional consumers who buy into it are enabling it and securing its future.
  • AngrakhanAngrakhan Member EpicPosts: 1,162

The game is going to be a scam grift through and through.

Online-only even for single player.

A bunch of useless cosmetics that have no bearing on the game itself.

Before the Activision fanboys come screeching about how the game is online-only so that cheating can be avoided, I should point out that it would be quite simple to ship Diablo 4 with two clients:

- one client for Online-only play, whether multiplayer or single player with the extras of leaderboards, achievements and stuff.. and everything is stored on the servers, nothing on the player's machine

- one client for purely offline single player play, that has no access to the internet whatsoever and the character save files use different formats so it can't be used for any injecting into the online version

If Diablo 4 had offline single player mode, I would be more lenient towards it and would be remotely interested in playing it, but now I just don't care. This GAAS (Game-as-a-Service) scam grift is ruining gaming and the sheeple professional consumers who buy into it are enabling it and securing its future.

Sorry, there's so many games out now that require you to be online to play it's just become the new normal. I realize there's people who live in remote areas with crap internet connection, but that number gets smaller every year as technology and infrastructure advance. However, just recognize you're in a shrinking minority and the game companies simply don't see you as enough of a market share loss to worry about versus combating piracy and the game as a service model which they find more lucrative.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    Splattr said:

Faction grinds = killing stuff. Quests = killing stuff. World quests = killing stuff. Rift events = killing stuff. A grind by any other name is still a grind. I am pretty sure Deckard Cain and other NPCs have been sending me on quests for decades, so what's the difference? And I would also bet that mobs will still be wandering around even if you don't click on a ! or ? before heading out of town.

It is about how you dress it up, some games do that far better than others, we shall see how well D4 has done that when it launches.
    Splattr
  • OG_SolareusOG_Solareus Member RarePosts: 1,041

That is a shame, i would've bought a standalone version :/
  • TalraekkTalraekk Member UncommonPosts: 259
    The 70$ price tag alone has me going I hope that's just for preorders. But I know it's not. Look at that price alone I remember back when the standard was 50. 60 was a heavy blow. But even then I mean in my head I'm going what's 70 (only 10 more) but realistically, I can't afford one triple A game a month at the current standard. I mean in my head I understand that these games cost more to produce, but in a (looking at my wallet) sense, my wallets about to tear me a few new holes. Outside of logic, I also see various things like (most games coasting or doing the bare minimum) trying to earn, and other games giving you (less than a dollar an hour of enjoyment). Then I also have this evil head game going 'if Blizzards Diablo is going to do it, they all are." FFS.....
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I'm sorry I just can't get behind this cash grab company anymore.
    emperorhades1Nilden