Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Game Awards 2022: Baldur's Gate 3 Brings Some Familiar Faces When It Launches In August 2023 | M

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2022 in Videos Discussion

imageThe Game Awards 2022: Baldur's Gate 3 Brings Some Familiar Faces When It Launches In August 2023 | MMORPG.com

Baldur's Gate 3 has a release window after years of early access. Coming in August 2023, the full version of Baldur's Gate 3 will take players to some incredible places in the Forgoten Realms alongside some familiar faces from the series.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ValdheimValdheim Member RarePosts: 614
    Jaheira and Minsc, what a pleasant surprise! Let's hope Boo is back alongside Minsc!
  • KratierKratier Member RarePosts: 626
    edited December 2022
    wow i totally didnt recognize jaheira in that trailer
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    good stuff!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    I just wish it would come earlier than august
    Sarla
  • SplattrSplattr Member RarePosts: 537
    Remali said:
    Agreed. This is the type of game I won't play during early access because I don't want the experience to be diluted or tarnished by playing it before it is completed. So I can't get my hands on it fast enough.
    Scot
  • giantessfangiantessfan Member UncommonPosts: 185
    Super hyped for this game. Bought the EA but never played it because I didn't want to spoil it for myself.

I wonder if this is going to be there biggest game yet. 3 years in EA is a long long time. Plus, from what I understand the first chapter (Which is avaible in EA) is 20 hours if you just run through the story.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Baldur's Gate 3 is still in early access? Would have expected BG 4 to be on the near horizon by now.

Game development seems so plodding these days...

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    Finally next year it will be out. I have immense faith in Larian as I truly love their games. They take their time but the fruits are proof of their labour.
    Valdheim

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823
    edited December 2022
    Splattr said:
    Remali said:
    Agreed. This is the type of game I won't play during early access because I don't want the experience to be diluted or tarnished by playing it before it is completed. So I can't get my hands on it fast enough.
    We have posters on here who bought the early access with no intention of playing it until launch. It is almost like they are treating it as a pre-order. I think that's bad for the gaming genre so I always call it out. Larian is a great studio but to me EA is already a detriment to gaming delivering quality products.
  • SarlaSarla Member UncommonPosts: 315

Kyleran said:

Baldur's Gate 3 is still in early access? Would have expected BG 4 to be on the near horizon by now.

Actually I think its going along faster than most EA games
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823
    Sarla said:

Kyleran said:

Actually I think its going along faster than most EA games
    I agree with you, many seem to languish for years and years in EA.