Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wild Terra 2: New Lands - Should You Play It? | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2022 in News & Features Discussion

imageWild Terra 2: New Lands - Should You Play It? | MMORPG.com

Wild Terra 2: New Lands is a sequel to Wild Terra Online by Juvty Worlds, released in 2017. Five years later, New Lands seeks to offer a fresh experience with revamped gameplay mechanics and tons of new content. But how does it stack up? Kanishka gives it a go.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818
    I think the PvP and looting are putting people off more than anything else in the game.
    Pr0tag0ni5tMcSleazMensur
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,991
    edited December 2022

I think the PvP and looting are putting people off more than anything else in the game.

Well, the graphics got an immediate no from me, but I guess most will delve deeper than that.
    Post edited by Scot on
    Pr0tag0ni5t
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    The game should not be played nor supported. Why? Go the the steam page. over 2k people want a PVE server and the devs dont event want to reply. This shows they dont really give a rats ass about their community.

I played this crap for 10 hours only because of my friend- and I can tell you it has some cool aspects of survival but has no soul at all.

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• iicecubeiicecube Member UncommonPosts: 53
    No PVE server mean a big no to the game.
    If I wanna PK/PVP I rather play battle royal games
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065

Mensur said:

The game should not be played nor supported. Why? Go the the steam page. over 2k people want a PVE server and the devs dont event want to reply. This shows they dont really give a rats ass about their community.

I played this crap for 10 hours only because of my friend- and I can tell you it has some cool aspects of survival but has no soul at all.

Would you say the same of every MMO that doesn't have a PvP server people are calling for? It's a game designed for PvP, you know that going in.

Flocking to a PvP game to cry "give us a PvE server" makes me think they are 2000 morons. Go play a PvE game.
    Greatness
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • tenz_antenz_an Newbie CommonPosts: 20
    edited December 2022
    Isometric games shuold really have their own websites, or at least it should be easier to filter them. Can't we put them with DOTAs?I have enough of searching for MMORPG and find out they are isometric! So much waste of time. I don't like them and the fact they have better spells, better abilities, better gameplays make me hate them even more! Why we can't have NEW third person MMORPG good at least like the NEW isometric ones?
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    edited December 2022

Viper482 said:

Mensur said:

Would you say the same of every MMO that doesn't have a PvP server people are calling for? It's a game designed for PvP, you know that going in.

Flocking to a PvP game to cry "give us a PvE server" makes me think they are 2000 morons. Go play a PvE game.

For you they might be morons. For me the devs not even having the decency to reply to them tells more about whos on the moronic side.

If you are right then why did new world turn out the way it did...? With pvp opt-in function.

Sorry my friend but you make no sense.

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,172
    edited December 2022

Viper482 said:

Mensur said:

It is not moronic to express a desire for a PvE server in a PvP game.
  • CyvenCyven Member UncommonPosts: 4
    I'll give an honest review after almost 3 years playing. At it's heart this is an extremely deep and involving crafting game, with hours and hours of grinding and gathering to increase your desired profession by a minuscule amount. Don't expect to get any instant gratification from this, its been designed to be played for months if not years.

it has a lovely base building design, whereby you can construct your own buildings or premade ones, lots of crafting stations and of course farming and animal husbandry. Did i mention fishing....

the world, although small, is divided into areas for pvp and pve, with the pvp areas being for higher end mobs and materials. Want to be a farmer? no need to travel into the mines or risk a ride through the gorge passage.

Those wanting pvp will unfortunatly find a pretty cumbersome and limited combat system, thats not to say the pvp cant be fun when 2 groups are fighting, but with its current player base (average of 20-30 players on EU1 server) you wont actually find many people to hunt down.

Perhaps the games biggest flaw is the lack of feedback from the devs, they are a small team, but have on several occasions ignored thoughts and ideas from players and tend to go with what they have planned...which has caused several issues in the past.

More listening to players and more communication and this could be an absolute gem of a game. Anyone wanting a super grindy and deep crafting game should certainly give this a go. Don't worry about pvp as its almost none existent currently.
    Scot
  • WargfootWargfoot Member RarePosts: 765
    "But with players actively camping unsuspecting newbies, it can take away from the player experience."

lulz... ah... no...
    Scot
  • VincontVincont Newbie CommonPosts: 1

Viper482 said:

Mensur said:

This is incorrect. Early on they kept the PVP aspect hidden. Then, as people could not progress, masses left. Progression is always an issue in games that are controlled primarily by PVP. And a majority of the gaming community does not like PVP and even more so do not favor having a required PVP. The exodus was so bad that whole servers were emptied or had a max of 3 people online at any given time. This made about a third of the areas in the game unplayable, and only one world boss killable.

The game is obviously run very poorly. Servers would crash and leave the game close half the day before the devs even realized it. They have also been hacked so many times and had to roll back everyone's progression. This is very bad in a heavy grind game. They have one moderator on the discord/email/steam, who keeps customers from speaking to the developers, who only speak Russian. I have seen him delete people's Steam comments asking why the developers don't get rid of him. The ego of this guy is insane but if the developers had any sense they would check in on this but they do not care about their customers. I am not speaking for myself I have watched so many players be ignored or banned for having an opinion or making a request.

The real design of the game is guild base, not so much PVP although it has a huge affect. But when your servers are not populated enough to have a guild this does not work. They had to recreate all their servers just to try to give an incentive for the same players to keep playing and buy their new Cosmetic, PTW or PTP style items. To deny the fact that as a business this is a tremendously bad decision not to give the people what they have asked for, thousands of people, shows a level of your ignorance or pride that is not becoming.