Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Dragonflight Review In Progress | MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• PonziniPonzini Member UncommonPosts: 506
    edited December 2022

Xiaoki said:

Ponzini said:

Xiaoki said:

Ponzini said:

Viper482 said:

Ponzini said:

WoW is always fun at the start of an expansion for about a month. Explore the new area. Run the new dungeons. Run the new raid. Then I quit until next expansion. The player base will sour on Dragonflight as time goes on as they always do.

This is the problem with theme park MMOs. You ride all the rides and then its over. You are expected to run the same content over and over for months. Games like WoW need to evolve and incorporate at least SOME sandbox elements so the community can create their own content like player factions, player cities, player housing, etc. The profession rework was a SMALL step in that direction but its far from where it needs to be imo.

And you know NOTHING about this expansion. That much is clear.

My man. I am 378 item level. Engineering and Enchanting both near max. Max on Sebellian rep, near max on Wrathion. Max on Cobalt Assembly. Renown levels higher than anyone I know. Had gold on every advanced dragon race day 2. Heck I even got my cooking near max already. 1st week and I feel like I have exhausted much of the content outside raid and mythic+.

Instead of making completely false vague statements, tell me where you think I am wrong.

To have what you say you have would take some hardcore grinding. You would have had to take a week off from work and be very knowledgeable about exactly how to hardcore grind the things needed to have what you say you have.

To have max and near max rep with Sabellion/Wrathion you have had to grind an exploit for hours and hours and hours. Which you cant do anymore because Blizzard fixed this.

To have near max in any crafting would take a ton of gold and a ton of grinding. I know for enchanting to get to the high levels you need lots of glowing titan orbs which are either a rare drop or expensive. On my server they go for 5k gold.

Im not even sure you can have 378 ilevel right now. You would need the 389 cobalt ring, a 386 crafted item and every other slot being a 372 from Mythic 0 would only get you to 374 ilevel.

So, you super hardcore grinded the entire expansion in the first week and now you complain about having nothing to do? Yeah, this doesnt smell right.

Look, I like the game. Obviously. I just think it has the same problem WoW has had for years and people are getting bored of the formula. 5 dungeons, a raid, and some rep grinds. Wait a month and see. People are going to get bored fast waiting for 10.1 if they dont get it out real quick. It would be so valuable to have player made content along side the raids and dungeons to keep people busy in between content drops.

By the way I had basically no prior knowledge to how any of the systems work in Dragonflight before playing the expansion. I am just efficient with my time and learn as I go.

So, you took a week off from to super grind only to come to the conclusion that you will quit playing for 2 years because you want WoW to be something it is not and never will be?

Because you like it so much.

Yeah, just like football is my favorite sport and I love it but I only watch it for a week then I get bored of it because the players arent riding camels over land mines.

Watching football isn't frontloaded with content for 2 weeks and then the rest of the season is the same game on repeat.

I like WoW for what it is. 1-2 months of content. It plays like a single player and then you coop with people to run a few dungeons and a raid.

It is called a theme park for a reason. You ride the rides and then you are expected to ride the same rides for 2 years with a couple of new rides in between. This is not what an MMO is to me. WoW is a hub world akin to Destiny. IMO an MMO should be community driven immersive world that should feel lived in.

I do not expect Blizzard to make any change but I think it should. I think the community will butt heads with Blizzard yet again and the game will continue to decline because either consciously or subconsciously people are tired of the same old formula.
    Scot
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,855
    Ponzini said:

Xiaoki said:

Ponzini said:

Xiaoki said:

Ponzini said:

Viper482 said:

Ponzini said:

WoW is always fun at the start of an expansion for about a month. Explore the new area. Run the new dungeons. Run the new raid. Then I quit until next expansion. The player base will sour on Dragonflight as time goes on as they always do.

This is the problem with theme park MMOs. You ride all the rides and then its over. You are expected to run the same content over and over for months. Games like WoW need to evolve and incorporate at least SOME sandbox elements so the community can create their own content like player factions, player cities, player housing, etc. The profession rework was a SMALL step in that direction but its far from where it needs to be imo.

My man. I am 378 item level. Engineering and Enchanting both near max. Max on Sebellian rep, near max on Wrathion. Max on Cobalt Assembly. Renown levels higher than anyone I know. Had gold on every advanced dragon race day 2. Heck I even got my cooking near max already. 1st week and I feel like I have exhausted much of the content outside raid and mythic+.

Instead of making completely false vague statements, tell me where you think I am wrong.

To have what you say you have would take some hardcore grinding. You would have had to take a week off from work and be very knowledgeable about exactly how to hardcore grind the things needed to have what you say you have.

To have max and near max rep with Sabellion/Wrathion you have had to grind an exploit for hours and hours and hours. Which you cant do anymore because Blizzard fixed this.

To have near max in any crafting would take a ton of gold and a ton of grinding. I know for enchanting to get to the high levels you need lots of glowing titan orbs which are either a rare drop or expensive. On my server they go for 5k gold.

Im not even sure you can have 378 ilevel right now. You would need the 389 cobalt ring, a 386 crafted item and every other slot being a 372 from Mythic 0 would only get you to 374 ilevel.

So, you super hardcore grinded the entire expansion in the first week and now you complain about having nothing to do? Yeah, this doesnt smell right.

Look, I like the game. Obviously. I just think it has the same problem WoW has had for years and people are getting bored of the formula. 5 dungeons, a raid, and some rep grinds. Wait a month and see. People are going to get bored fast waiting for 10.1 if they dont get it out real quick. It would be so valuable to have player made content along side the raids and dungeons to keep people busy in between content drops.

By the way I had basically no prior knowledge to how any of the systems work in Dragonflight before playing the expansion. I am just efficient with my time and learn as I go.

So, you took a week off from to super grind only to come to the conclusion that you will quit playing for 2 years because you want WoW to be something it is not and never will be?

Yeah, just like football is my favorite sport and I love it but I only watch it for a week then I get bored of it because the players arent riding camels over land mines.

Watching football isn't frontloaded with content for 2 weeks and then the rest of the season is the same game on repeat.

I like WoW for what it is. 1-2 months of content. It plays like a single player and then you coop with people to run a few dungeons and a raid.

It is called a theme park for a reason. You ride the rides and then you are expected to ride the same rides for 2 years with a couple of new rides in between. This is not what an MMO is to me. WoW is a hub world akin to Destiny. IMO an MMO should be community driven immersive world that should feel lived in.

I do not expect Blizzard to make any change but I think it should. I think the community will butt heads with Blizzard yet again and the game will continue to decline because either consciously or subconsciously people are tired of the same old formula.
    If you want a "proper" MMO with community driven content go play Mortal Online 2. It has everything you're look for.

Too bad its a giant pile of crap.

Also, super LOL at thinking you know what other people want in an MMO.
    Sensai
  • PonziniPonzini Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Xiaoki said:
    Ponzini said:

Xiaoki said:

Ponzini said:

Xiaoki said:

Ponzini said:

Viper482 said:

Ponzini said:

If you want a "proper" MMO with community driven content go play Mortal Online 2. It has everything you're look for.

Too bad its a giant pile of crap.

Also, super LOL at thinking you know what other people want in an MMO.
    You are just being disingenuous if you are gonna pretend that is the same thing. Mortal Online 2 has the worst combat of all time. It is a clunky mess from what I have seen. 

Not sure why you are so upset by this. Answer this. How would community content make WoW worse? You would still have dungeons and raids but in between you could have something like guild controlled garrisons/cities. Professions on the level of BDO or SWG. They already took a SMALL step in this direction with Dragonflight and look, its well received. They put all the crafting tables close to each other and added crafting orders to promote people actually interacting. It is not enough though imo.

Also, super LOL at thinking you know what other people don't want in an MMO.
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Washington Post just reported that the FTC is filing  suit against the MS  Act/Blizz deal

• TalraekkTalraekk Member UncommonPosts: 260
    edited December 2022
    It's a good expansion. Far better than Shadowlands. It has the aspects of being.. like... 1/3rd of an expansion though. Level through it, do all side quests, be barred by rep requirements. Not unfounded but.. 'dailies being on 3-4 day timers limiting rep gain........... I was done with the exp in 2 days, then dailies couldn't keep me because... they weren't there. And bugs, never in my WoW experience have I encountered so many quest I needed to look up, or so many quests I needed to abandon multiple times in a row. Even now I have a "Daily" that's at 90% that I can't complete because it just doesn't work. Lag is serious business too. Can't even comprehend the lag with this... AAA???? company....
    Ponzini
  • jbombardjbombard Member UncommonPosts: 598
    I really don't understand the point of a new level cap every xpac when you hit max in around a week. It doesn't really feel gratifying and just leads to more level squishing.

The whole end game is about the gear loop anyway.

I might pick up this xpac if there is a huge sale on it, otherwise I can't see the value. With content being time gated as always, the best time to play the xpac i(f you aren't into raiding) is the end of the xpac when you have access to everything and can progress seamlessly through everything. Now if there was no subscription I would buy the xpac and play at my own pace, but a sub is just not worth it until you have access to all the content, and even then you run out of content in around a month.