Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Educational Necessity

AstralglideAstralglide Member UncommonPosts: 686

Was is really necessary to learn cursive penmanship? Other than my crap-ass, illegible signature I can find no other uses for it.

A witty saying proves nothing.
-Voltaire

Comments

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

I believe they are talking about doing away with it entirely from public schools. That may be just in Oklahoma but I absolutely support getting rid of it. If I remember right this took up a lot of time in fourth or fifth grade and was completely unused in every grade after that, as well as anywhere outside grade-school including College and the Job World. This time would be much better spent teaching kids about history or basic science.

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

I do like it... But it really should only have the basics taught.. not this month or more of just cursive crap.

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

I use it alot because my hands tend to start hurting when I write long essays in class. I tend to press too hard and write too slow when I am using print.

I also use it when I completely BS essay questions. I got an A in Native American Cultures because of cursive! :-D I never even bought a book. That class was such BS though. I know about as much about Native Americans before I went into that class as I do now. It was mostly about how drunk they get and half of it consisted of video blogs from PBS. :-|

Then there was the forced labor part of cleaning mud off rocks. Not artifacts, just rocks that were split by fire 1000yrs ago. :-|

• zchmrkenhoffzchmrkenhoff Member Posts: 2,241

I thought this would be a wise thread discussing why forced education is hypocritical given the uselessness of the majority of the things that are taught to us.

Now if you were to send us to school and teach us languages, let us read great works from the past and teach us all to follow traditional morals and values to restore culture to a better time, then education would be quite great!

"Listen, you fuckers, you screwheads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the cunts, the dogs, the filth, the shit. Here is a man who stood up." - Robert DeNiro

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613
    Originally posted by zchmrkenhoff

teach us all to follow traditional morals and values to restore culture to a better time

Who defines "tradition", "morals", and "values".   That does not sound like something that the govt. should force down people through public education.   Everything there is the responibility of the parents and for them to teach it how they deem necessary.

As for cursive it is the only form or righting that I use.    It's a little bit faster to both write and read,  assuming you write it out correctly.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

I rarely use cursive at work. I write in capital letters all the time.  Here is a sample of my writing.

• jenisjenis Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    This post is really useful and helpful to know more about the things which you have shared. I appreciate you for such a great amount of information. I assure you this would be beneficial for many people.  https://www.vcetests.com/
  • albertotoresalbertotores Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    It teaches individuals how to be better citizens, how to land a better-paying job, and how to distinguish between right and wrong. Education both teaches us the value of perseverance and aids in our personal growth. Thus, by being aware of and abiding by rights, rules, and regulations, we can help to create a better society in which to live. The greatest academic support service for students who are wondering take my class for me online is Get exam done. Our service connects online learners with top tutors who will go into their courses' websites, do all of the assigned readings on time, and receive excellent grades. We are aware that thousands of online learners who want to achieve but hindered by other time-consuming commitments like employment, family, illness, etc. We believe it is unfair that these students have no choice but to fail the course or do poorly. That's why we put in so much effort each day to give students who contact us with requests for help the finest service possible.
  • helenbeehelenbee Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Education is really important for human development. But we should not forget that, for example, a person who is a humanitarian cannot solve complex mathematical equations. And even to force is useless. That's why I think that in this case it is best to use scan my homework. With such a scan you can clearly understand whether you are doing the task correctly or not. 
  • thomasalvisthomasalvis Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Education is very important as it instructs people on how to become better citizens, how to get a higher-paying job, and differentiate between what's right from wrong. Education fosters our personal development while also teaching us the virtue of tenacity. Therefore, we may contribute to the development of a better society by being aware of and adhering to rights, laws, and regulations.  Online Class help is the best academic help service available to students who are considering having a class taken for them online. Our service matches top tutors with online students so that they may complete all required readings on time, access the course websites, and obtain high marks. Thousands of online learners who desire to succeed but are constrained by other time-consuming obligations are known to exist.
  • jameswilliammjameswilliamm Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    Laugh with your loved ones, teach your kids, and learn with your grandchildren with this fun and educational board game. The game features multiple learning modes, from teaching the alphabet to math to multiplication. If you experience difficulties regarding your academic assignment no need to worry. online dissertation help provides top-quality academic editing and proofreading services that ensures your academic distinction at affordable prices.
  • onlineclassworkhelponlineclassworkhelp Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    In addition to protecting children's personal lives, education also helps the world and the country as a whole become more dependable. It may result in a better environment where individuals can distinguish between good and wrong, understand the value of voting, uphold the law, and lower crime.
    It goes without saying that signing up for online classes could be challenging. Due to the inherent difficulty of the topic and the lack of in-person interaction with students and teachers, online classes can be difficult. You might be wondering if anyone can help if you're having problems keeping up with your online education. Do my online class has shown to be the best choice for many students.

The good news is that there are lots of people who are eager and able to help you with your online education. Whether you need someone to take the class for you or just need help with the subject, there are people who can help. If you pay someone to do my homework, you may be confident that you'll obtain good grades.
  • onlineclasseshubonlineclasseshub Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    Searching for take my online class or Pay Someone To Do My Online Class For Me? Get the best online class help from Online Classes Hub. We take your classes and courses.
  • onlineclasseshubonlineclasseshub Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    Can I hire someone to take my ati teas test for me? Yes, of course, you can just contact us and get the best teas test takers from a specific expert.
  • alishakihnalishakihn Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Most infamous game PC  due to the amount of sheer rage this game has caused Flappy Bird
  • spectralaspectrala Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Don't worry, it gets better with age and adds a touch of class to you signature!
  • TessabobTessabob Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Basically cursive is a  style of penmanship which is usually called joining writing styles to make the writing process faster. At the same time, it is difficult to learn that because the format should be clean and readable otherwise it will just be a mess. These days if you learn to make your writing fast but still you will have so many writing tasks that are not possible to do within a limited time and that is why students prefer CIPD Assignment Help UK to get educational assistance to make the time-consuming process less time-consuming. 
  • yogendrapratapyogendrapratap Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Being certified with an ISO Certification helps your company manage business risks, resources, communication, planning, and performance. So it is very important to get management system certification from a trusted ISO service provider. OSS Certification is one of the leading ISO services providers in the world. 
  • SarahlongwellSarahlongwell Newbie CommonPosts: 1

Cursive penmanship's necessity is questioned in today's digital era. While it has limited uses like signatures, its practicality is debated. For essay help, I recommend Online Nursing Essay Help; they recently assisted me with a mental health research topic assignment, so if you need help with your assignment, go and check out their services.

• jenn12jenn12 Newbie CommonPosts: 3

Learning cursive penmanship, while less essential in the digital age, still holds some benefits. It can contribute to fine motor skill development and often helps with faster and more fluid writing that can be useful for note-taking or in situations where you need to write  quickly use famous script writing services and efficiently. Additionally, being able to read cursive writing allows access to various historical documents and personal notes written in this style. While it might not be critical for everyone, especially with the dominance of typing and digital communication, learning cursive can be beneficial for those reasons and also serves as a personal skill that some find satisfying and aesthetically pleasing.