Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Undecember

cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
How is this game? I am trying it as it reminds me a bit of Path of Exile and Grim Dawn. I heard the bosses are harder than Path of Exile and that gave me pause. They have an interesting rune system which people are saying was lifted from Path of Exile 2.

I want to play a summoner. I like the bow character too. Anyone playing this?
Chamber of Chains
AlBQuirky

Comments

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Undecember?  Never heard of it.  It sounds like an appropriate word for my dislike of the Holiday season.  I hope they won't mind if I 'appropriate' it.  :smile:

cheyaneTruvidiennAlBQuirkyKyleran

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• enesisxlr8enesisxlr8 Member UncommonPosts: 175
    edited November 2022
    Yeah playing it, bosses can be very hard... but its more understanding the game and leveling past the lvl of the boss to assist in beating it. Also learning the fight and having enough dps so it doesnt go on forever and enough resistances to not get one shot.

Spent approx $15 on it so far to unlock an stash section for upgrade items as my bags where getting crazy full.

In short for a free game and nothing like diablo immortal with its in your face pay to win its pretty good.

Hit end game after prob 30+ hours and now working all that out etc
    cheyaneAlBQuirkyKyleran
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    edited November 2022
    Yeah playing it, bosses can be very hard... but its more understanding the game and leveling past the lvl of the boss to assist in beating it. Also learning the fight and having enough dps so it doesnt go on forever and enough resistances to not get one shot.

Spent approx $15 on it so far to unlock an stash section for upgrade items as my bags where getting crazy full.

In short for a free game and nothing like diablo immortal with its in your face pay to win its pretty good.

Hit end game after prob 30+ hours and now working all that out etc
    I bought a few stash tabs on Path of Exile so I don't mind that. I got the map, currency and a few other tabs too on POE so I am no stranger to getting these things especially when you want to try different builds.

I am going to give it a shot. If it gets too hard I will try your trick of leveling over the boss.

I am not at all opposed to spending money on games like Path of Exile because I have spent almost 1200 over hours on it. For that amount of entertainment I can stand to throw some cash their way.
    sschruppAlBQuirkyenesisxlr8Kyleran
    Chamber of Chains
  • enesisxlr8enesisxlr8 Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Make that 75.5 hours... 
    AlBQuirky
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    edited November 2022
    I've played about 11 hours and I've enjoyed it. 

The pros:
    1. Fluid combat - my bow character feels like the D3 Demon Hunter which is praise as I love that class in D3.
    2. Interesting skill system including a passive tree with some choice. 
    3. F2P 
    4. Some boss fights are pretty fun, I've watched many as well on streams
    5. Crafting can be fun
    6. Has some leaderboards for those that care

The cons:

1. You can buy rubies for cash and use them to buy items in the auction house.  so P2W in that regard. (You can sell stuff for rubies without ever buying them)
    2. Pets have an auto looting feature but you rent them for a week or something.
    3. Leveling is pretty damn boring to be honest.  Every zone has similar layouts with terrible storytelling.(I've uninstalled for now due to the boring leveling but will return eventually)
    4. Crafting doesn't recognize crafting mats in your stash, it may if you buy the essence stash and put it there.  So I sometimes have to move stuff from stash to my inventory before crafting
    5. The studio isn't great at communicating with the West.  I'm not sure yet how committed they are to the game long term as it didn't do well in Korea from what I've read.
    6. They do a terrible job of explaining systems in the game at times.  Especially with regard to skill runes and modifying them.  Apparently there are rarities to skill gems but I'm not exactly sure what changing that does.  I assume it adds damage and maybe makes it easier to get six skill colors. /shrug

The rest:
    1. The game is non seasonal and thus there is never an economy reset.  For some this is great and for others it's not.  For me it means I'm in no rush to play it but it's never a bad time to return to it.
    2. It looks just OK on PC.  But when the install is like 10 gig, and a mobile port, you can't expect much.

Post edited by FrodoFragins on
    cheyaneKyleranAlBQuirky
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Yeah I agree the explanations on the rune and and linking and how things work are abysmal.

The monetization is an issue.
    AlBQuirky
    Chamber of Chains
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    cheyane said:
    Yeah I agree the explanations on the rune and and linking and how things work are abysmal.

The monetization is an issue.
    For me it's just a side game to play but not spend too much money or time in.  But I can see how people that don't mind the monetization can get a lot of fun out of it.
    AlBQuirky