Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon Rise of the Fallen's Latest Video Talks 2022 In Review, Pre-Alpha Plans | MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    Sovrath said:
    It will be 9 years this coming Jan and they are only talking pre-alpha, c'mon. They must have the most laxed work schedule ever. I mean your 2022 year review still showing sketch art ffs, if this isnt the worst self-own idk what is.
    Well, again, and even though I don't think this will launch, it's not like they started and have been steadily toiling for 9 years.

They had a failed kickstarter, decided to solicit donations anyway so they could still go ahead with it, had a large turnover of employees/new team, the head of the project died, they then reassessed and adopted all new tools because the way they were putting this together wasn't using best practices (from a layman's point of view) and finally embarked on what seems to be a more steady development, albeit having money problems.

Your point is taken and losing Mcquaid was probably a big blow.  However how much of the game started from scratch? My guess would be not much.  Granted all games will have obstacles during their development time, but from inception to now to not even be pre-alpha im not buying it.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Sovrath said:
    It will be 9 years this coming Jan and they are only talking pre-alpha, c'mon. They must have the most laxed work schedule ever. I mean your 2022 year review still showing sketch art ffs, if this isnt the worst self-own idk what is.
    Well, again, and even though I don't think this will launch, it's not like they started and have been steadily toiling for 9 years.

They had a failed kickstarter, decided to solicit donations anyway so they could still go ahead with it, had a large turnover of employees/new team, the head of the project died, they then reassessed and adopted all new tools because the way they were putting this together wasn't using best practices (from a layman's point of view) and finally embarked on what seems to be a more steady development, albeit having money problems.

Your point is taken and losing Mcquaid was probably a big blow.  However how much of the game started from scratch? My guess would be not much.  Granted all games will have obstacles during their development time, but from inception to now to not even be pre-alpha im not buying it.
    Appears it was almost a complete overhaul from the ground up starting in 2018 or so.

Groqstrong

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• budzibudzi Member UncommonPosts: 68
    edited November 2022

Sovrath said:

I think they are trying to polish the game so they can sell it with their technology (hoodini) Or they are trying to sell and everything they show is just teasers and they are not really workign and jsut waiting , doing random stuff while waiting for a buyer. EG7 seems like a great potential candidate for them. Word was that EG7 was working on anew mmo IP, but that's like 4 years ago..never heard anything from them so I tihnk that project is far gone. I mean...recent updates : ''Working on X/Y Axis in the water...'' Like really....
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    If this was developed by a regular studio with funding from a publisher it would have been shut down long time ago for lack of progress, just like chronicles of elyria, camelot unchained and bunch of other kickstarter mmo would have been.

There's a good reason why big publisher just won't touch these projects anymore, they are tired of old names or complete unknowns making big promises on impossible timelines that they constantly fail to deliver.

BrainyRemali
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Brad McQuaid's passing in 2019 probably set them back a bunch. The question remains will they be able to recover from that eno0ugh to ever get the game in a releasable state?
    Sovrath
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,012
    Shaigh said:
    If this was developed by a regular studio with funding from a publisher it would have been shut down long time ago for lack of progress, just like chronicles of elyria, camelot unchained and bunch of other kickstarter mmo would have been.

There's a good reason why big publisher just won't touch these projects anymore, they are tired of old names or complete unknowns making big promises on impossible timelines that they constantly fail to deliver.

I don't think Camelot Unchained has been shut down.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Sovrath said:
    Shaigh said:

I don't think Camelot Unchained has been shut down.
    Perhaps not, heard some new content was just dropped into the test server, but still I have to think it's on life support.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon