Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GStar 2022: ArcheAge 2 Is Coming To Consoles, Watch An Exclusive Interview With Jake Song | MMORPG.c

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2022 in Videos Discussion

imageGStar 2022: ArcheAge 2 Is Coming To Consoles, Watch An Exclusive Interview With Jake Song | MMORPG.com

GStar 2022 is kicking off in Korea, and Kakao and XLGames have started with a bang, announcing that the upcoming ArcheAge 2 will not only be released on PC but also on consoles. We have an exclusive interview with studio lead Jake Song talking about the MMO and what players can expect.

Read the full story here

Comments

• giantessfangiantessfan Member UncommonPosts: 185
    The graphics in this trailer are freaking amazing. Like FFXVI level and that is a problem because how is this game possibly supposed to run with 200 other people running around you. I doubt this game will look that good on launch
    ashiru_1978Celcius
  • ValdheimValdheim Member RarePosts: 614

The graphics in this trailer are freaking amazing. Like FFXVI level and that is a problem because how is this game possibly supposed to run with 200 other people running around you. I doubt this game will look that good on launch

Usually I'd agree but remember how we thought the same thing about Black Desert Online when they showed their first trailers? At least with those kind of graphics we don't have to fear a mobile announcement, but as always it all won't matter because I'd bet everything I own that they will mess it up with the usual korean monetization.
    PetitSoldat
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    It looks good let me see the trade and other aspects like land ownership are handled.

• ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818
    edited November 2022

Graphics look like generic Asian game's graphics - 99% of development resources went into graphics and 1% for everything else. I'm not saying that Asian games are bad, but nowadays all games are bad, Asian ones always put more effort into graphics and less in everything else, especially the story.

I am skeptic about this game, I think it won't be well received or successful. Initially, it will have a big surge of players and then it will flatline when everyone realizes they couldn't (or wouldn't) keep any promises they made.

I still play both Asian and Western single player and MMOs, except I play old ones, released before 2010, because everything after 2010 is piece of trash.

It's either Battle Crapyale or brain-dead Survival. Both games about nothing with no objective, goal or actual content.
    PetitSoldatCelcius
  • SophusVir33SophusVir33 Member UncommonPosts: 60
    mostly resembles black desert
  • HerithiusHerithius Member UncommonPosts: 219
    edited November 2022
    Graphics look phenomenal... Asian themed or otherwise. Combine that with the deep sandbox nature that is synonymous with Archeage and we could have something decent. Immersion is a big factor for these sandbox titles and with graphics like that it's easy to become very immersed.
    PetitSoldatCelcius
  • NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Looks waaaaaaaay too much like Black Desert; that's usually a bad sign when a new current-gen Korean game is simply imitating the aesthetic of someone else's game.

Just wait for Crimson Desert; I loved the first AA in it's heyday before it was ruined by lootboxes and out-of-control hackers; but I don't have any hopes for a new AA game; I believe the same mistakes are just going to be made.

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
  • v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 311
    I'm fine with it leaning toward bdo I just really hope they didn't also tack on BDOs class system. Hate gender and race locking so as long as that's not in I think this looks fun. Hopefully it'll run decently for those of us at the tail-end of pc upgrades. lol

Witty & Wicked >:)

• sirwutsirwut Member UncommonPosts: 25
    combat looks engaging i like it. anyone notice the parry with the shield? very cool.