Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Throne and Liberty Could Be 2023's Big Next-Gen MMO Launch | MMORPG.com

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    More Eastern p2w trash with half naked little girls and weapons the size of semi-trucks.... no doubt. No thanks.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • BrainyBrainy Member EpicPosts: 2,026
    I am confused, is this game developing a PVE and PVP version of the same game and calling it different names?  If that is the case, I would like to see how that turns out.

I looked into this game a year ago, and all the trailers seemed like a PVP title.  Had some cool stuff in it but PVP was the focus it looked like.

I hope this is not another New World situation where they give all the goodies to PVP players, and yank the PVE'ers chain trying to get them to join the game.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    edited November 2022

[mod edit]

New world is on AGS. Lost Ark and T&L isnt. Btw New world has 112k concurrent players as a min ago.

[mod edit]

welcome to the forums.
    Post edited by Vaross on

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,068
    No.

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
  • OG_SolareusOG_Solareus Member RarePosts: 1,041
    This is Lineage 3 . The first town in this trailer is Talking Island village. Trailer gives me very cold goosebumps, which indicates a 10/10 . :D

• Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    How do you figure it's a Lineage 3 trailer?  Says "Throne and Liberty" at the start and end. Very curious to hear your reason.

• kara61kara61 Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    edited November 2022
     There is no good pvp game in the market. You say you will give importance to pve. Do you want to lose players? We will start your game with my team, but if the pvp is not good, we will delete the game. 

There should be massive pvp options among solo players. You will open and leave 3v3 like lost ark, let's not load the game.
    edited November 2022
    edited November 2022
    Jamar870 said:
    How do you figure it's a Lineage 3 trailer?  Says "Throne and Liberty" at the start and end. Very curious to hear your reason.

Well, I played lineage 2 like crack whore, and I'm familar with the geography of the game world. The first area with the eagle /hawk/bird swooping in, is Talking Island.

I will add, if talking Island is that well done, the rest of thegame world is going to be mindblowing.

We can look at the fact Lineage Eternal and the other Lineage game have failed to launch. Those two games, imho where simply mock ups for player pooling and the pool has spoken. Full 3D Lineage 3 imho , and it's going to be an 11/10, I know it !

Groqstrong
    @NcSoft, I alpha test Lineage 2 for 1 year then beta tested. Then bought the game and watched it become the greatest mmo of its time, feel free to send me a key so I can help once again ! :))
    Greatness
    kara61 said:
     There is no good pvp game in the market. You say you will give importance to pve. Do you want to lose players? We will start your game with my team, but if the pvp is not good, we will delete the game. 

There should be massive pvp options among solo players. You will open and leave 3v3 like lost ark, let's not load the game.

tons of pvp games.

ESO Battlegrounds be popping and it's pretty balanced.
    Sensai
  • BrainyBrainy Member EpicPosts: 2,026
    This is Lineage 3 . The first town in this trailer is Talking Island village. Trailer gives me very cold goosebumps, which indicates a 10/10 . :D

After watching the trailer, it looks cool, skill bar has at least 8 abilities it looks like.  I hope there is more than 1 skill/ability bar.

I hope this MMO is good, the genre needs it.
    OG_Solareus
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
    edited November 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Sometimes we need fantasy to survive reality 
    https://biturl.top/rU7bY3
    Beyond the shadows there's always light
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,821
    kara61 said:

Welcome to the forums! :)
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,821
    edited November 2022
    Well, there is not many other MMOs in the running, another far eastern MMO with an atrocious monetarization system is likely the "next big thing".
    Scot said:
    Well, there is not many other MMOs in the running, another far eastern MMO with an atrocious monetarization system is likely the "next big thing".
    I'm welcome. what are you doing scottish :*
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Brainy said:

After watching the trailer, it looks cool, skill bar has at least 8 abilities it looks like.  I hope there is more than 1 skill/ability bar.

What I hope is it has the class and racial variety Lineage 2 did... haven't seen the likes of that in a very long time.
    Groqstrong

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    Jamar870 said:

Well, I played lineage 2 like crack whore, and I'm familar with the geography of the game world. The first area with the eagle /hawk/bird swooping in, is Talking Island.

I will add, if talking Island is that well done, the rest of thegame world is going to be mindblowing.

We can look at the fact Lineage Eternal and the other Lineage game have failed to launch. Those two games, imho where simply mock ups for player pooling and the pool has spoken. Full 3D Lineage 3 imho , and it's going to be an 11/10, I know it !

Man great eye, I also think the castle siege in the video is Giran Castle, the dual pillars of the keep are reminiscent of Giran Castle in L2.  Can you imagine TOI and Anthara's Lair in this engine. 
  • VagabondoVagabondo Member UncommonPosts: 66
    I just hope it is a good, new, MMO.

We need a new, good, MMORPG
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,821
    Kyleran said:
    Brainy said:

What I hope is it has the class and racial variety Lineage 2 did... haven't seen the likes of that in a very long time.

Lineage 2 classes were alright, Lineage 2 races could be forgotten.

Lineage 2 had humans, skinny humans, skinny humans that don't like clothes, skinny humans with one wing, green humans, short stumpy humans, and human lolis.
  • Kozo25Kozo25 Newbie CommonPosts: 25

Tiller said:

NcSoft the one of the biggest publishers in Korea will need Amazon to be publisher ?

Probably because their hosting, cloud, support, infrastructure and pricing is right. AWS is killing competition.

and killing games as well
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609

Pretty graphics, but if that's a *Gameplay* trailer, I'll eat my shoe.  Too many cinematic camera moves.

Brainy

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Mendel said:

Pretty graphics, but if that's a *Gameplay* trailer, I'll eat my shoe.  Too many cinematic camera moves.

There's game play in the trailer.
  • LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,830

Sovrath said:

I will say that this is one of the few mmorpg's I'm actually excited about.

Same, especially since the old days. :)
    Deathkon1 said:
    sabrefoxx said:
    Let me guess, it will be gender locked? What is it when asian developers and limiting the customization of characters?
    The answer is making you cater to how they want you to play, They do that shit again I'm not touching the game 100% the moment I find anything I play has gender lock crap in it I drop it like rocks

NcSoft doesn't gender lock.