Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Throne and Liberty Could Be 2023's Big Next-Gen MMO Launch | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2022 in News & Features Discussion

imageThrone and Liberty Could Be 2023's Big Next-Gen MMO Launch | MMORPG.com

South Korean studio NCSoft announced Throne and Liberty back in March, and while the developers were reportedly targeting a Q4 2022 release the game has been hit with a delay now scheduled for 2023. The game is being heavily marketed as a "next-gen" title, but what is it that makes Throne and Liberty so innovative?

Read the full story here

SensaiNeoyoshi

Comments

• sabrefoxxsabrefoxx Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Let me guess, it will be gender locked? What is it when asian developers and limiting the customization of characters?
    IceAge
  • TheIdealistTheIdealist Member UncommonPosts: 45
    I had a lot of fun with Lineage 2 Pvp back then. Pve first decision is not my cup of tea.
    GatsuZerk
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Wait, what, NCSoft just got the Memo that more players prefer challenging PVE content so it's time to create a theme park based game heavy with challenging raid content?

I'll be the first to welcome them to 2004.

:)

"The developers revealed that the vast majority of players prefer PvE content and the game will focus on creating challenging content that hardcore players enjoy in the endgame."

Sounds like the same mentality the Wildstar team took, perhaps with less snark.

OldKingLogKidRiskSplattrPetitSoldatMcSleazTacticalZombehmysticmouse

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• numaticnumatic Member UncommonPosts: 670
    This game legit looks amazing. But PvE based? I don't mind if it's done right but, Lineage 2 was all about the PvP and that seigeing looked mad fun. Wasn't that PvP in the trailer or did I miss something?

This is the first MMO I've seen in awhile that finally has more updated gfx and looks like it can have potential. I just hope they don't micro transaction it into oblivion.
    Sovrathnumanp
  • JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674
    I feel like we've been stuck in the "next-gen" loop for 15 years. Like... I haven't seen anything next gen about it. PvP worse than games like Darkfall Online, ArchAge and Guild Wars 2. Graphics looks like anything semi modern like Lost Ark or Black Desert.

I will definitely try it out. But don't next-gen me.
    OldKingLogMendel
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 484
    edited November 2022
    KyleranMendel
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • husscoolhusscool Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Another game trying to capture that FFXIV lightning in a bottle but will fail miserably.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Disappointed it's not pvp but I'll try it out. I got the idea that this was built on the bones of the Lineage 3 game they were working on. Maybe they decided to make "Lineage 3" but pvp sieges.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • OG_SolareusOG_Solareus Member RarePosts: 1,041
    NcSoft the one of the biggest publishers in Korea will need Amazon to be publisher ?
    I will say that this is one of the few mmorpg's I'm actually excited about.
    TruvidiennTokkenNanfoodleIceAgeMendelLaterisPetitSoldatSamhael

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• OldKingLogOldKingLog Member RarePosts: 564
    I feel like we've been stuck in the "next-gen" loop for 15 years. Like... I haven't seen anything next gen about it. PvP worse than games like Darkfall Online, ArchAge and Guild Wars 2. Graphics looks like anything semi modern like Lost Ark or Black Desert.

I will definitely try it out. But don't next-gen me.

I think its time that we MMORPG players came to grips with the idea that MMOs are pretty much one trick ponies and as such can't really be improved upon without turning them into something unrecognizable. I'm happy to be proven wrong but year after year all we see is more of the same old shite.
    MendelExsirasJakobmiller
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

NcSoft the one of the biggest publishers in Korea will need Amazon to be publisher ?

Probably because their hosting, cloud, support, infrastructure and pricing is right. AWS is killing competition.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Morfo2Morfo2 Member UncommonPosts: 127
    If AGS is really gonna publish this game in EU/NA then I'm out. NCSoft have more than the manpower to publish it alone. AGS just want's to rip off another game with blatent P2W or stupid decisions overunning developers.
    If you consider New World and Lost Ark a good management asset you're drunk or you never played those games.
    That's quite funny the name of the game being "Throne and Liberty" and selling publishing rights to AGS... where's the liberty? LOL
    KyleranSamhaelTacticalZombeh
  • GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    I will say although Lineage 2 had a robust PVP system, their PvE content was incredible, the raiding was fast, and the world was very varied with wide scenery and monsters. Their dungeons, raiding, systems like during the chronicles with Seven Signs was a big part of the game. 

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

Tiller said:

Probably because their hosting, cloud, support, infrastructure and pricing is right. AWS is killing competition.
    Naw, if the game turns out to be shiess then most will blame AGS for everything, even when it's the developers behind the veil who really call most of shots on quality, content delivery and monetization designs.

Smart move I'm thinking.
    KidRisk

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Greatness said:
    I will say although Lineage 2 had a robust PVP system, their PvE content was incredible, the raiding was fast, and the world was very varied with wide scenery and monsters. Their dungeons, raiding, systems like during the chronicles with Seven Signs was a big part of the game. 
    They had really interesting dungeons. Some of the best times I've ever had in an mmorpg.
    [Deleted User]Greatnessaxtranti

• RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    I will check it out and I am actually glad they are moving more towards pve
    Now that Im old I dont want to deal with gank squads while Im farming for xp
    Tokkenaxtranti
  • GatsuZerkGatsuZerk Member UncommonPosts: 137
    Just give us Lineage 3. There's plenty of PvE games for the carebears already.
    Kyleranaxtranti
  • UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    This game doesnt make me feel anything. Looks completely soulless.
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    Regardless of what it is im going to play it and immerse myself in that world again.
  • AngrakhanAngrakhan Member EpicPosts: 1,164
    Anyone who chooses to play the game for free should not feel coerced into making purchases to make their gameplay experiences enjoyable

Why? You're a damn freeloader. This company invests 10s to 100s of millions of dollars and hundreds of man years into building a game so you can play it like it's a charity and expect to get the same experience as a paying customer? Sorry, but cry me a damn river.

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely despise the F2P model, and I pretty much refuse to play any of them because I refuse to be a whale so some freeloader turds get to enjoy the game without paying a dime. I'm no F2P white knight. Quite the opposite. However, the idea that the free player is somehow entitled to the same experience as a paying customer is ridiculous. Sorry, but as a professional developer that concept makes me want to vomit straight into your mouth.

Enjoy that mental image for your weekend.
    KyleranSplattrIselinRemaliaxtrantiStoneRosesTacticalZombehKroxMalon
    edited November 2022

[mod edit]

New world is on AGS. Lost Ark and T&L isnt. Btw New world has 112k concurrent players as a min ago.
    Post edited by Vaross on
    edited November 2022

[mod edit]

New world is on AGS. Lost Ark and T&L isnt. Btw New world has 112k concurrent players as a min ago.

[mod edit]

Wait Lost Ark failed because you couldn't see virtual titties? It had nothing to do with the ridiculous gear upgrade system?

Post edited by Vaross on
    Kyleran
    Groqstrong

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Oh look, one of the banned racist morons got itself a new account... how clever of it!
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED