Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

10 Upcoming MMORPGs To Try in 2023 and Beyond | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2022 in News & Features Discussion

image10 Upcoming MMORPGs To Try in 2023 and Beyond | MMORPG.com

The future of MMORPGs looks bright, and we're taking a look at some of the titles we hope to see in 2023 and beyond.

Read the full story here

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269

Ashes of Creation: Still a pile of ashes.

Throne and Liberty: A foul wind blows.

Starkeepers: Spaced out.

Dune: Awakening: Spice of Exiles.

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen: Fallen, and can't get up.

Ark 2: Second verse, same as the first.

Blue Protocol: Red alert.

ArcheAge 2: Fallen arches.

Riot Games unknown mmo: A laugh riot.

Is this your thing now?
    lotrlorePetitSoldatTacticalZombehKyleranKumapon
  • ShutaraShutara Member UncommonPosts: 140
    Let's hope at least one of those delivers. It will still be much more, than what past few years had to offer.
    McSleaz
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    "And Beyond" is the key phrase here. :)
    MendelTokkenSarlaKyleranAdamantineMcSleazjazz.be
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Scot said:
    "And Beyond" is the key phrase here. :)

I wonder exactly how many of those titles were on the 2022/2023 expected games list?  Or the 2021/2022 list or one previous?   Why not play along and add Star Citizen to this list?

eoloeScotKyleranmeerclar

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• Jaguaratron1Jaguaratron1 Member UncommonPosts: 298
    Meh

With every new iteration of MMO you have developers spending all their time and effort "reinventing the wheel" messing around with combat systems and controls and coming up with a mess which pleases the developer and very, very few people.

They just never go "well that worked great and was popular, lets build upon that and make it better" nope, they spend their time trying to come up with something new which does a much worse job overall. Oh and of course has to be based around a controller because they think cross platform is a bigger income than just making a good game.

MMOs seem to be ego driven as opposed to customer driven these days and dont get me wrong, I dont expect a company to create my perfect MMO because I understand my tastes are not universal but they seem to think they can force people into liking the mess they create.
    MendelAdamantineExsiras
  • mmorpgggnewsmmorpgggnews Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Can you guys stop stealing our homework? We posted this https://mmorpg.gg/mmos-2023/ a week ago. This has happened many times now.
    IselinKnightFalzKyleran
    Get the latest MMO news at MMOCult.com
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Can you guys stop stealing our homework? We posted this https://mmorpg.gg/mmos-2023/ a week ago. This has happened many times now.
    As if these lists were an original type of article lol.
    moshraTacticalZombehDigDuggyBrotherMaynardeoloeMcSleazThe_KorriganValdheim
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MMOgamerdad666MMOgamerdad666 Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Where's Camelot Unchained?
    IselinTruvidiennViper482eoloeKyleranMcSleazmeerclarPurplePepeValdheim
  • DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,454
    One thing to keep in mind with Ashes, at least currently the plan is to only have pvp servers with high ganking penalties (I guess similar to BDO). I know that's a pain point for some regardless of the 'penalties' (myself included).
    Kyleran
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    Title should read mmos to try way beyond 2023 not 2023 and beyond
    ohreconKyleranMcSleazValdheim
  • slowz2secretslowz2secret Member RarePosts: 407
    90% of these games won't come in 2023, is impossible.
    KyleranValdheim
  • TruvidiennTruvidienn Member UncommonPosts: 320
    Shouldn't it be Ruined King and not Ruined Kind?
  • giantessfangiantessfan Member UncommonPosts: 185
    Only game I trust to come out is Riot MMO and even that is a 75% shot as Riot has been known to cancel tons of games they don't think are up to par and Ghostcrawler himself on twitter said that Riot will do the same with the MMO and since its so early in development people shouldn't be too excited at the moment.
    TruvidiennKyleranMallyx
  • MadBomber13MadBomber13 Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Yeah, where is CU? Nobody knows including the developer... 
    lotrloremaskedweaselViper482TruvidienneoloeKyleranMcSleazmeerclarPurplePepeValdheim
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    edited October 2022

Shameless plug for your site that looks very much like you copied this one.
    maskedweaselBrotherMaynardKyleranMcSleazThe_Korrigan
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

10000% credibility lost.
    Kyleran
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

Funny how a site that is named almost identically to this one accuses it of "stealing" anything.
    Viper482KyleranMcSleazThe_KorriganValdheim

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• OG_SolareusOG_Solareus Member RarePosts: 1,041
    I saw a butt ! :D

Soulframe looks promising !
  • ShaniaRebornShaniaReborn Member UncommonPosts: 54
    edited October 2022
    It's amazing that Star Citizen didn't make that list with all the hype surrounding the game, especially considering the titles listed. Is it just me or is safe to say that Squadron 42 and Star Citizen can be chalked up to vaporware since there is no end in sight? Don't burn me too harshly tin foil hat defenders.
  • giantessfangiantessfan Member UncommonPosts: 185
    It's amazing that Star Citizen didn't make that list with all the hype surrounding the game, especially considering the titles listed. Is it just me or is safe to say that Squadron 42 and Star Citizen can be chalked up to vaporware since there is no end in sight? Don't burn me too harshly tin foil hat defenders.
    I was gifted a code by a friend when I got my new PC. I would say, no, but only because I think the game could be out of EA right now. If they optimized it a little better they could launch tomorrow and it would be well received. They can then add things post launch. The problem is they won't do this because the game makes more money in Alpha. 

So I look at it like a game that is out that just gets frequent free patches that adds a lot to the game
  • BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member RarePosts: 567
    edited October 2022
    Oh, so it's you who's behind the whole concept of "Top XX upcoming [insert product name] to play in [year +1] and beyond" articles and youtube videos! Finally I get to meet you, it's a real honour!

Viper482The_KorriganValdheim