Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Commander Chronicles: Lift-Off - Get REady for Beyond: Chapter 2! - Elite: Dangerous Videos - MMORPG

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageCommander Chronicles: Lift-Off - Get REady for Beyond: Chapter 2! - Elite: Dangerous Videos - MMORPG.com

Frontier has released a new cinematic short for Elite Dangerous called "Commander Chronicles: Lift-Off". It is a lead in to Beyond: Chapter 2 that will be seeing the light of day beginning June 28th.

Read the full story here

Comments

• yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
    I haven't visited Elite Dangerous for around 3 years, and based from the trailer it seems next update we are finally getting our legs and at least walk around our ships?
  • OnisDEOnisDE Member UncommonPosts: 47

yonpachi said:

I haven't visited Elite Dangerous for around 3 years, and based from the trailer it seems next update we are finally getting our legs and at least walk around our ships?

Wishful thinking but no.
    Teala
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    > will be able to see their entire bodies as they walk around in Stations.

Elite is about to become much more interesting than EVE - which I didn't re-install since removal of "walking in stations" avatars.

Thank you for your time!

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

yonpachi said:

Probably next expansion.
  • TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    I really wouldn't hold my breath regarding being able to walk around with your avatar any time soon. CCP....erm...I mean Frontier is showing characters walking around is just a means to get more people to try their game.
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    edited June 2018
    Braben has been talking about walking avatars since 2014. I think its happening.. just not sure when but he said its in the plan. there are several interviews over the years where he mentioned walking in station. He also talks a lot about having atmospheric planets that players can land on. I remember him saying landing on planets and player avatars were going to be in the "near future" that was around 2014.. so if I'm going on that timeline its a 2-3 year wait period on WIS.

We got Landing on Planets (Non Atmo) in 2015
    We got Visible/Custom Player Avatars in 2017

I think we may get WIS in 2019
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• virgommovirgommo Member UncommonPosts: 43
    edited June 2018
    There will be no walking for the Beyond Season, and chapter 4 isn't due til Q4. Past that who can say

Sandro - Jan 2018

The team and I all see Space Legs as the feature we will love to add and are at the top of our specification, but it's something that will not happen in the Beyond season. We will talk more about it later.

• DarkEvilHatredDarkEvilHatred Member UncommonPosts: 229
    This is the only game that, if they said it is going to happen, they will get it done!

Even though I don't currently play, this game has a development team that has always done what they said they would. I respect them and wish every development team were modeled off of Frontiers.
    Maurgrim
  • seanmajeceseanmajece Member CommonPosts: 2
    In any case, I know that this information may be useful for students. Especially if you need to get advices about writing woman rights essay. 
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    This is the only game that, if they said it is going to happen, they will get it done!

Even though I don't currently play, this game has a development team that has always done what they said they would. I respect them and wish every development team were modeled off of Frontiers.
    *** cough cough ***  CQC Tournament   *** cough cough ***

Have fun

• Oliver_PetersOliver_Peters Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    How Your Website Can Be Your Biggest Digital Strategy Opportunity
    Key Content Marketing Metrics for the Fearless Marketer
    call-tracking.org