Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Overwatch 2 Review | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2022 in News & Features Discussion

imageOverwatch 2 Review | MMORPG.com

Overwatch 2 is simply more Overwatch - which is to say it's quite good. The changes are meaningful, and while there are issues and problems with the free-to-play sequel, the foundations there are very, very good. Read more in our review.

Read the full story here

Comments

• peewee78368peewee78368 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    AN 8 LOL..... Its insane before we could grind and unlock every skin FREE now we paying 10-15$ a SKIN I RATHER HAVE LOOTBOXES BACK AT THIS POINT. 8/10 THIS SITE JSUT LOST MAJOR POINT FOR ME.
    [Deleted User]eoloeChampie
  • srbenga23srbenga23 Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Please do not review anything anymore in the time you have left on earth.
    HerithiusChampieSovrath[Deleted User]
  • Jaguaratron1Jaguaratron1 Member UncommonPosts: 298
    8 out of 10 for what is literally a 8 year old game with one less player in the team? Its a good job the whole "internet gaming journalist" market is imploding with nonsense like this.

Overwatch 1 had hardly any players in it not long after launch so how is this supposed to maintain population? It was ok for a day or two but Im done with it now some of the skins look cool but who cares, theres no way to get invested in a character for a couple of minutes long "game", I dont even begrudge them trying to charge for the skins because unless they launch a solid pve mode before xmas this will be a ghost town soon enough.
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    I played for the first time this past weekend. Gameplay still has that competetive feel. Have had plenty of close games that kept me on my toes. The new play modes are ok and the new characters are cool. However there is no way this can be consider a sequel. They literally took OV1 added an expansion and called it OV2. Its still a good game but its also a reflection of how shady Blizzard has become. All the same maps really?
    Gentrifried_Chicken
  • eoloeeoloe Member RarePosts: 864
    I have fun playing it. Yes it is Overwatch 1.2 (and not 2.x). But the art style did not get old, the gameplay is IMO even better with less CC and more shooting.

I agree with Peewee that loot boxes were better than the Battle Pass. I never paid for a loot box but I enjoyed receiving some legendary skins for free. Well at least with the BP, you know what you are paying for... And can just decide to pay or ... not.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,846
    While the gameplay has not changed much the player base is SO MUCH worse.

Matches are determined by which team has more Free to play shitters.

Also, the loot boxes were objectively better than this Battle Pass crap.

I played Overwatch 1 for years but I uninstalled Overwatch 2 after one week.
    Gentrifried_ChickenKyleran
  • JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674
    I've enjoyed the games I've played thus far, being very casual about it. Only a few characters I consider annoying and should receive a nerf.

I agree that it's more of OW 1.2 than a new game. I guess they went with it as they probably remade the game from the ground up, code wise, but keeping assets. Who knows. A little lame.

The game will most likely not last nor become the main esport game on the market.
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Still a very good shooter I'm dropping in sometimes as "stress relief".

Not very different from OW1, I don't really care about loot boxes, and it's free, so it's all good for me, nothing has changed. I won't pay a cent for any battle pass anyway since I'm no longer giving money to woke Blizzard.
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• AngrakhanAngrakhan Member EpicPosts: 1,162
    I still wish they'd do a looter shooter single player or small group PvE game in this universe. Seems like such a missed opportunity given how much lore the IP has. Borderlands only has so much replay value.
  • budzibudzi Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Kids everywhere that dont even play the payload, they just want to kill people like it's FFA. /uninstall
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    It's the DPS doesn't know what their doing and yells at support that is constantly getting one shotted simulation.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DigDuggyDigDuggy Member RarePosts: 641
    AN 8 LOL..... Its insane before we could grind and unlock every skin FREE now we paying 10-15$ a SKIN I RATHER HAVE LOOTBOXES BACK AT THIS POINT. 8/10 THIS SITE JSUT LOST MAJOR POINT FOR ME.
    People complain and get what they want.  They don't think beyond the consequences.  Companies need money to survive and need it to develop/maintain games.  So when you get what you want, sometimes the solution might not be the utopia you want.

Kyleran
  • TheDalaiBombaTheDalaiBomba Member EpicPosts: 1,493
    edited October 2022
    Qbertq said:
    People complain and get what they want.  They don't think beyond the consequences.  Companies need money to survive and need it to develop/maintain games.  So when you get what you want, sometimes the solution might not be the utopia you want.

That applies to both the loot boxes and the current iteration.

Folks complained about having to pay something to play games, so microtransactions.  What a world.
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    I'd rather play Minecraft 1 than Overwatch 2 at this point. The amount of monetization they have in the game is infuriating.

More lies.
    There's nothing other than cosmetic you have to pay for.
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    edited July 2023
    I am not saying a Metacritic score is as solid as stone, but they gave it a 79, so I find it hard to see how this review of 80 is way out there. Seems about spot on.