Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alpha 2 Spot Tests, Plans for Servers and Sieges, and More Addressed in Ashes of Creation AMA | MMOR

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2022 in News & Features Discussion

imageAlpha 2 Spot Tests, Plans for Servers and Sieges, and More Addressed in Ashes of Creation AMA | MMORPG.com

Creative Director Steven Sharif answered the community's most upvoted questions in a new Ashes of Creation AMA. He addresses Alpha 2, development goals, testing, server plans to keep things active, wieges, healing, and much more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,435
    edited October 2022
    How many more years until release? Serious question. I guess 5 more years isn't too much since Star Citizen has been in development for about 10 years now and is still in alpha?
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

Dattelis said:

How many more years until release? Serious question. I guess 5 more years isn't too much since Star Citizen has been in development for about 10 years now and is still in alpha?

Spaceship JPEGS > Costume JPEGS
    DattelisIceAgeHaki88[Deleted User]gph1990KyleranGrymmoirekitarad

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ShutaraShutara Member UncommonPosts: 140

Dattelis said:

Why do You compare this scope-creep money sink to Ashes? With Alpha 2 (I suppose Q2 of 2023) they plan to have already showcased majority of the mechanics and systems, and if so, good chunk of the content laid out for testing and iteration/refinement. Some of it probably cut out or hidden under NDA to avoid spoiling the game world too much. I guess with the momentum they have right now and tech allowing to make and modify assets on the fly, 2-3 years doesn't seem that unlikely.

Anyway, if I'm wrong I won't mind either, plenty titles to play for the next 2-3 years for me ^^
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]Slapshot1188giantessfanJoshua1976Kyleran
  • Haki88Haki88 Member UncommonPosts: 230
    edited October 2022

Shutara said:

Dattelis said:

Why do You compare this scope-creep money sink to Ashes? With Alpha 2 (I suppose Q2 of 2023) they plan to have already showcased majority of the mechanics and systems, and if so, good chunk of the content laid out for testing and iteration/refinement. Some of it probably cut out or hidden under NDA to avoid spoiling the game world too much. I guess with the momentum they have right now and tech allowing to make and modify assets on the fly, 2-3 years doesn't seem that unlikely.

Anyway, if I'm wrong I won't mind either, plenty titles to play for the next 2-3 years for me ^^

Estimated date Dec, 2018, selling keys for atleast 500$ and when they had enough sales, ceo says "dont buy it, you wont get nothing from it atm" and they are still promoting it lol, there is more time spent making cosmetics then game

Making Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale to get into BR hype train which failed so bad and then explaining it was just for "testing", yea they are going to test it and release game years and years later -.-
    Slapshot1188KyleranShutara
    Shutara said:

Dattelis said:

The year is 2029...

"Eeeeek! I'm so excited for Alpha 5 Phase 8!!! Beta is just around the corner, haters!!"

No… more like:

Glorious Ashes Community! The New Alpha 5 Phase 8 sales just dropped… and these items go away forever when we get to Phase 9.  If you want Violet Wings of Angelic Impulse you need to get them now! 
    Kyleran

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,507
    I wish the game the best. But man the CEO is repulsive!
    Slapshot1188

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• PonziniPonzini Member UncommonPosts: 505

Haki88 said:

Shutara said:

Dattelis said:

Estimated date Dec, 2018, selling keys for atleast 500$ and when they had enough sales, ceo says "dont buy it, you wont get nothing from it atm" and they are still promoting it lol, there is more time spent making cosmetics then game

Making Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale to get into BR hype train which failed so bad and then explaining it was just for "testing", yea they are going to test it and release game years and years later -.-

Man what are you talking about? The CEO said that if you are skeptical then don't buy it and wait for release. He said nothing about getting nothing from it.

Also not sure what these other comments are about. There has only been an Alpha 1 test so far and Alpha 2 is going to be feature complete. Ashes isn't even that far off from the standard development time for an MMO. Average is like what? 6 years?
    KyleranBrainydinogn
  • Haki88Haki88 Member UncommonPosts: 230

Ponzini said:

Also not sure what these other comments are about. There has only been an Alpha 1 test so far and Alpha 2 is going to be feature complete. Ashes isn't even that far off from the standard development time for an MMO. Average is like what? 6 years?

If you make kickstarter and put estimation December, 2018 that is estimation, but you cant extend that estimation over 4 years !

For your record he, himself ceo and founder of interpid put that estimation date, so he gave his team 1 year and 7 months to "make" mmorpg. May 1 2017 - Dec 2018 (est). Isnt this deception? Did ceo lied?

You dont preorder car with Dec 2018 estimation and get it in who know when 2023+....maybe 2027? It is crazy.

There is also on other gaming forum topic about affilate links where you could on first aoc official site see which refferal account bought what, how much they spent and their 15% cut, then they changed website design and you couldnt see it anymore, then another website design same thing.

Shady, shady things..
  • ShutaraShutara Member UncommonPosts: 140
    All I see is making fun out of initial fuckup and 0 (literally 0) constructive discussion when it comes to AoC. I'd bet 0$ that most of the comment section clowns will still hop in once this game launches and forget they hated on it in the first place,lol.

Haki88 said:

Shutara said:

Dattelis said:

Exactly how are they promoting it? By showcasing cosmetics that anyone with more than 1 brain cell will just ignore if he's interested in the game itself? Yeah Apoc was a failure all along, but I'm amazed that You just drag out 4-years old case to prove Your point, regardless of the fact that it's irrelevant in context of the current development anyway.

And oh, feel free to share Your insight about time spent within their dev team. I'm curious to read how did You get to the conclusion, that they're mostly making cosmetics and stalling everything else ;)

Y'all should find better things to do instead of hating out of boredom, literally the worst gaming community I've seen in my life xd
    Kyleran
    edited October 2022
    If you make kickstarter and put estimation December, 2018 that is estimation, but you cant extend that estimation over 4 years !

For your record he, himself ceo and founder of interpid put that estimation date, so he gave his team 1 year and 7 months to "make" mmorpg. May 1 2017 - Dec 2018 (est). Isnt this deception? Did ceo lied?

You dont preorder car with Dec 2018 estimation and get it in who know when 2023+....maybe 2027? It is crazy.

There is also on other gaming forum topic about affilate links where you could on first aoc official site see which refferal account bought what, how much they spent and their 15% cut, then they changed website design and you couldnt see it anymore, then another website design same thing.

Shady, shady things..

That estimation was never the release date. It was the alpha 1 date. The initial release date was 2020. Yeah it was an amateur mistake for someone getting into game development and it is fair criticism. Even AAA companies like CD Project Red with Cyberpunk can make similar mistakes though. Regardless with the progress we are seeing and their team now exceeding 100 developers it is getting hard for you guys to keep calling the game a scam.
    Ponzini said:

Shady, shady things..
    That estimation was never the release date. It was the alpha 1 date. The initial release date was 2020. Yeah it was an amateur mistake for someone getting into game development and it is fair criticism. Even AAA companies like CD Project Red with Cyberpunk can make similar mistakes though. Regardless with the progress we are seeing and their team now exceeding 100 developers it is getting hard for you guys to keep calling the game a scam.  

Yet somehow they listed the packages that only bought the game, no Alpha, no beta... as having a 2018 delivery date.

I'm sure it was just an oversite...

Kyleran

Ponzini said:

Shady, shady things..

Yet somehow they listed the packages that only bought the game, no Alpha, no beta... as having a 2018 delivery date.

Estimated delivery is mandatory to be set on Kickstarter but there is really no way to tell that early into development of an MMO. One of the first livestreams they said they hope to have it done by 2020. I mean really did anyone actually think the game would be done in less than 2 years or are you just being pedantic?
    Ponzini said:

Ponzini said:

Shady, shady things..

Estimated delivery is mandatory to be set on Kickstarter but there is really no way to tell that early into development of an MMO. One of the first livestreams they said they hope to have it done by 2020. I mean really did anyone actually think the game would be done in less than 2 years or are you just being pedantic?
    Really?  So your going with "We knew we were giving a fake date for release but Kickstarter made us do it?

Even if we disregard that, here is the timeline as of 2018. 

Then here is Stephen in 2018 confirming they are on target for 2019 launch.

I don't follow it as closely as others but I'm sure I could dig in and research more if you wanted me to.

KyleranBrainy[Deleted User]

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Ponzini said:

Ponzini said:

Shady, shady things..

Really?  So your going with "We knew we were giving a fake date for release but Kickstarter made us do it?

I don't follow it as closely as others but I'm sure I could dig in and research more if you wanted me to.

Obvious conclusion.

So who is to say he's telling the truth now?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GrymmoireGrymmoire Member UncommonPosts: 179

Ironic snipped quote from a poster named Ponzini; PONZI anyone? lol
    edited October 2022

Ponzini said:

Ponzini said:

Shady, shady things..

Oh my bad Q4 2019 not 2020. Huge difference there. lol Also still not 2018 so my point still stands.

Kyleran said:

Ponzini said:

Ponzini said:

Shady, shady things..

Obvious conclusion.

So who is to say he's telling the truth now?

The story is. (You can choose to believe it or not) That they ended up having to start from scratch on a lot of their systems. Most notably the action combat and net code. Hence the BR. Steven's initial team was honestly kinda dog shit and were not advising him well. After testing their net code in Alpha 1 and seeing their progress lately I am much more confident.

Many things have set them back a lot. Covid, updating to UE5, etc. but it is clear they have a much better plan now.
    KyleranSlapshot1188Brainy
  • zakheakazakheaka Newbie CommonPosts: 9
    It's a game with big plans
    i'm waiting for this game
    At the same time, I am also paying attention to the feedback of all players here
    I have no issues with game delays and release cosmetics
    I love watching people talk about games
    whatever the argument
  • zakheakazakheaka Newbie CommonPosts: 9

zakheaka said:

It's a game with big plans

i'm waiting for this game

At the same time, I am also paying attention to the feedback of all players here

I have no issues with game delays and release cosmetics

I love watching people talk about games

whatever the argument

test