Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amazon Adds Another EU Server To New World To Help Ease Its Increasing Population Size | MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:
    I started on the new US East server so no issues with queues (yet) but I suspect they might be in my future.

I see Valhalla has about 750 or so when I log in and wondered if anyone had experience on how long it usually takes to wait through it most evenings.

They increased the cap to 2500 with no negative side effects, I didn't have an ounce of lag yet.
    Yesterday, I logged after work, there was a queue of 150 and it was done in like 5 minutes.
    Seems to me that the new servers did their job, at least in Europe.

You can have precise information here:
    https://nwdb.info/server-status

Last night although there were no queues I did experience noticible lag.

Several times when chopping trees or skinning boars I either couldn't do it or I would endlessly chop at tree without it coming down.

Once when running through town every player around me was frozen in place, many in stride which went away as I moved to the other end of town.

Looks more like a graphic problem than network lag.
    Even when the server is at cap I have no signs of lag.

What kind of CPU/GPU/MEM do you have ?
    Intel i7-10875 @ 2.3 ghz 8 core
    32GB RAM
    GeForce RTX 2070 Super, 8GB GDDR6 
    Windows 11 PRO

I have seen talk of lag if you goggle there are some possible solutions. But my overall impression was that it was rarely talked about so was more likely a player rather than game issue. 
    Perhaps I am being imprecise in describing the issue, I use the term lag as a generic for any observed stutters, rubber banding, freezes or other visual anomalies.

What their actual cause in is beyond my discernment level..

IDK if they've fixed it but the nameplates setting used to really impact performance, especially in towns or anywhere else you have a lot of players like Wars. You might also want to cap your frame rates to 60 if you haven't already.

Check this out and start tweaking :)

https://techartful.com/best-new-world-settings/

ScotKyleran
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:
    I started on the new US East server so no issues with queues (yet) but I suspect they might be in my future.

I see Valhalla has about 750 or so when I log in and wondered if anyone had experience on how long it usually takes to wait through it most evenings.

They increased the cap to 2500 with no negative side effects, I didn't have an ounce of lag yet.
    Yesterday, I logged after work, there was a queue of 150 and it was done in like 5 minutes.

Several times when chopping trees or skinning boars I either couldn't do it or I would endlessly chop at tree without it coming down.

Once when running through town every player around me was frozen in place, many in stride which went away as I moved to the other end of town.

32GB RAM
    Windows 11 PRO

I have seen talk of lag if you goggle there are some possible solutions. But my overall impression was that it was rarely talked about so was more likely a player rather than game issue. 
    Perhaps I am being imprecise in describing the issue, I use the term lag as a generic for any observed stutters, rubber banding, freezes or other visual anomalies.

Your PC is definitely ok.
    I don't get any "lag" for now with a "similar" setup.
    I suppose you have a SSD too, and the game is installed on it.

The FPS can drop in town with a 2070 (I'm playing in 2440p upscaled to 4K though), if you drop the settings "object detail" and "terrain detail" just one notch (to high) you won't see a difference visually but you will gain some serious FPS.
    Kyleran
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    My 1070 GTX won't be able to run this game properly it looks like. I was considering trying it but I think I will wait till I buy a new computer to dip my toes in this.
    Chamber of Chains
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,985
    edited September 2022
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

32GB RAM
    Windows 11 PRO

It could be down to bugs, but I think some tweaking might at least help. Speaking generally two things I always turn of in games because I prefer the graphics to be without them are motion blur and character shadows. That helps with framerate, but I do it due to my own graphics preferences.

Follow one of the NW tweak guides, they are bound to help but may not fully solve the issue.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

32GB RAM
    Windows 11 PRO

It could be down to bugs, but I think some tweaking might at least help. Speaking generally two things I always turn of in games because I prefer the graphics to be without them are motion blur and character shadows. That helps with framerate, but I do it due to my own graphics preferences.

Follow one of the NW tweak guides, they are bound to help but may not fully solve the issue.
    Thanks everyone, will definitely read through the suggested guides and tweak provided.

Didn't have any problems last evening though I spent most of the night in the wilds on the great "hemp" hunt... (No, not that kind of hemp), in game as it is the first tier of cloth crafting materials which were no where to be found nearby in my starting zone of Mournhold. (Most there being found only in areas frequented by level 20 mobs and I'm only level 12 ATM.)

Finally found a good source in next zone over, Evermore(sp?) where the mobs were only level 15 then ran into town to craft an ice gauntlet only to find out all of my crafting mats were back in Mournhold.

I recall players complaining about no universal storage, but did I read they did add a way to more easily transfer them to another zone?

Or is hoofing them all over on foot while being painfully bound by weight limits still the only recourse.

Thanks in advance...

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited September 2022
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

32GB RAM
    Windows 11 PRO

Thanks everyone, will definitely read through the suggested guides and tweak provided.

Didn't have any problems last evening though I spent most of the night in the wilds on the great "hemp" hunt... (No, not that kind of hemp), in game as it is the first tier of cloth crafting materials which were no where to be found nearby in my starting zone of Mournhold. (Most there being found only in areas frequented by level 20 mobs and I'm only level 12 ATM.)

Finally found a good source in next zone over, Evermore(sp?) where the mobs were only level 15 then ran into town to craft an ice gauntlet only to find out all of my crafting mats were back in Mournhold.

I recall players complaining about no universal storage, but did I read they did add a way to more easily transfer them to another zone?

Or is hoofing them all over on foot while being painfully bound by weight limits still the only recourse.

Thanks in advance...

To travel, you first have to run to the area. Once you have visited a city or a teleport point, you can then instantly go there from any other city of teleport point. It uses a bit of Azoth, but you should be ok now they drastically reduced the amount needed.
    Once you get your first house, you can also recall there.
    And of course, you can recall to your inn.

For materials, the best is to use the map here:
    https://www.newworld-map.com/

You ain't very good with the area names ;)
    I think you meant Monarch's Bluffs and Everfall.

And about storage, you can withdraw the stuff you've stored in ANY city from ANY other city, for free.

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

edited September 2022
    Here are my settings if it can help.
    No lag at all on a 2070 SUPER and Core I7 11700k, 32gb memory, Installed on SSD, Fiber connexion.

Sensai
    Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

edited September 2022
    Kyleran said:

Thanks in advance...
    One obvious thing I forgot is you can just ask in general chat if people are getting lag, if it's the game, most will. If it's "your" connection only a few will or more likely only you.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    cheyane said:
    My 1070 GTX won't be able to run this game properly it looks like. I was considering trying it but I think I will wait till I buy a new computer to dip my toes in this.
    @cheyane I have a 1070 GTX and New World runs just fine on it on high to max settings. I do have an SSD and 32gb of RAM though. Just use the native resolution of your monitor and don’t expect 60+ fps. For what New World offers visually it is very well optimized.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    The_KorriganKyleran
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    edited September 2022
    lahnmir said:
    cheyane said:
    @cheyane I have a 1070 GTX and New World runs just fine on it on high to max settings. I do have an SSD and 32gb of RAM though. Just use the native resolution of your monitor and don’t expect 60+ fps. For what New World offers visually it is very well optimized.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I have 16GB of RAM though.  I have an SSD but not sure how much space this game takes. Have 120 GB free.
    Chamber of Chains
    edited September 2022
    cheyane said:

It's not a bad card, you'll just have to drop settings to high/medium.
    What you absolutely need though is a SSD. This game runs like crap on a traditional HDD because it always downloads scenery from the disk.
    Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

edited September 2022
    cheyane said:

Ought to be able to run it just fine, maybe not on max settings though.

Guys, I have to defend any game that demands a good gaming PC, glad to see NW needs one. We have way too much cartoony/sock puppet (or whatever) being passed off as proper graphics already. :)
    [Deleted User]Kyleran
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,853
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

32GB RAM
    Windows 11 PRO

Thanks in advance...

You no longer need to worry about what town your mats are in.

When you go to any storage shed, at the top of the storage sheds window select what town you would like to pull from then grab what you need.

This also works for storing. Like if you reach the sheds limit, just select a different town then store away.
    Kyleran
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Kyleran said:

The best source of hemp early is in a square area surrounded by streams near where the hermit main story quest giver is. If you see Bison, you're in the right spot.

Just run around near the stream inside that square and you'll get all the hemp you can carry. When you've done a full circuit it will already be respawned for the next run.

The_Korrigan
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED