Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kakao And XLGames Confirm ArcheAge 2 Is Still In Development, Coming 2024 | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2022 in News & Features Discussion

imageKakao And XLGames Confirm ArcheAge 2 Is Still In Development, Coming 2024 | MMORPG.com

ArcheAge 2 is indeed coming, as Kakao Games and XLGames confirmed today in a joint press release. The upcoming sequel to was first announced back in 2020 and confirmed to be running on Unreal Engine 5.

Read the full story here

Comments

• GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    2024 thats ambitious.
  • ShutaraShutara Member UncommonPosts: 140

2024 thats ambitious.

How so? 2 more years, and they have been working on it for at least 2 years now. Likely pre-production started even before the initial announcement from 2020, so the timespan doesn't look out of the ordinary to me, especially since they have previous game to take inspiration from and build upon, just on a different engine.

Nevertheless, provided that AoC doesn't flop and gets released around that time, it's gonna be an interesting year to see which game does "ArcheAge vibe" better.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited September 2022
    According to MOP they have 100 developers on it.

I actually loved the trading aspect of the first game. What I found especially tedious was having to log on daily to take care of my plants and animals. That was too close to real life for my taste. You leave the game for a few days and everything will be dead. That kind of time commitment is a tad excessive and bordering on obsession.

I do enjoy a game that allows me to grow and then harvest and produce a product that I can then use my wagons to transport. I do however prefer the way BDO stops all growth once you log out. This allows you to neglect the game and not feel guilty that your animals and plants are withering and starving to death.
    Post edited by cheyane on
    Chamber of Chains
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    edited September 2022
    Not today Satan.

Already spent $150 on the first alpha, which was one of the most amazing MMORPG experiences I have had in 25 years. The bait and switch with this one was one of the most egregious offenses committed by a gaming company. Destroyed what would have easily been one of the top MMOs just to make a quick buck. What a bunch of idiots.

Of course, if they can do it all again maybe they aren't as dumb as we think. I know I won't be falling for this shit again.
    RemaliAlomarSagethorn
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Haki88Haki88 Member UncommonPosts: 230
    In 2 years :) Not everyone is like Ashes of Scam..
    SaruomoPurplePepe
  • DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,456
    edited September 2022
    Its such a shame with the the first game since I haven't found another mmorpg that gave me a nice sense of satisfaction earning gold via trade runs in the earlier iterations of the game and craft vehicles to help the money making process go faster. Also the 'illegal' farm aspect was also a nice thing too. So much potential wasted because of greed. It also wouldn't surprise me if crypto/nfts played a role in AA2 since they are also doing this Archeworld thing.
  • SaruomoSaruomo Member UncommonPosts: 140
    edited September 2022
    Ashes of Scam is just vaporware and empty overly confident talk before even testing internally what the game systems actually feel like. All we hear is risk vs reward BS empty talk.

Now we got Archage 2, Soulframe, Blue Protocol, Throne & Liberty and New World 2.0 to look forward to.
    Haki88PurplePepeButch808Herithius
  • DigDuggyDigDuggy Member RarePosts: 641
    I enjoyed AA when it came out. I'll keep a jaundiced eye out.
  • JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Are you ready to be fleeced and relaunched 12 times again kids?
  • HerithiusHerithius Member UncommonPosts: 219
    People have often cited Archeage as some of the most fun they've had in a mmo. If memory serves it was also free at launch or at a low cost $30?

It seems at worst you're guaranteed for a fun month or two at launch. However if someone is looking to only play it as a game meant to last for year(s) then buyer ($30ish?) beware.

Even if its flawed I appreciate AAA studios undertaking a sandbox mmo. God bless all the Kickstarters but so many just take an eternity and undeliver.
  • KruzilKruzil Member UncommonPosts: 95
    How many hands will this game get passed around from? Do they even have a stable plan for release??
  • ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818

2024 thats ambitious.

Why? Asian MMORPGs are like that. 99.99% of the budget goes into graphics and the remaining 0.01% goes into gameplay and story. That's like all Asian MMORPGs look nice, but are as boring and play worse than Tiger Electronics Wrist Watch Games.
  • KaliGoldKaliGold Member UncommonPosts: 130
    This will probably end up being much better than Ashes of Creation. 2024 is too far out for me to really look any deeper into it at this time.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I dont get too excited about a second game when the first one was awful.
  • MazenealMazeneal Member UncommonPosts: 143
    edited September 2022

LMAO....show us on the doll where AA touched you Theo. Seriously, the only folks who ever say this are those that already don't or didn't dig grindy eastern MMOs, or went in thinking they were gonna solo(single toon) to end game......./chuckle

Also to y'all who have such a strong opinion about AoC.....share with the class how exactly you were scammed, please.
    Post edited by Mazeneal on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RandomCasualtyRandomCasualty Member UncommonPosts: 327
    Two years to come to South Korea. Two more years to North America?
  • PsyckedPsycked Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Let's hope they learn from ArcheAge failures in NA. Uncontrollable exploiting of game code due to the way video games are enforced in Korea.

I am the Cannon Fodder God

• Mongy555Mongy555 Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    edited April 2023
    they make a non-targer combat system))) it's just disgusting, it will destroy the game and a large number of players who loved the greatest games such as la2, wow, aion,archeage, and this is the bulk of people playing such games which will far exceed the number of new players , just won't play this non-target shit, most of them will just forget about this project in a month because of this shitty combat system, like me too !!!!! how could such a disgusting thought come to their mind, make a non-target system (((idiocy !!!
    Post edited by Mongy555 on
  • Mongy555Mongy555 Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    edited April 2023
    horrible? this is a masterpiece that was the best since Aion!!!! Archage is the best game released after Aion and collects the biggest online for related games!!!