Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is my spacebar broke? I guess not...

CooktasticoCooktastico Member Posts: 599
I started playing SoR and realized that my space bar doesn't do much. Can you not jump? It's a minor annoyance but I like to jump off things, over things, and around things. It sounds weird but I think WoW got me on to that.

Comments

• shezombshezomb Member Posts: 65
    Your space bar can be used to target a mob right infornt of you, but you'll have to be very accurate :P

That must be the only thing ever I miss about WoW, jumping up and down, but I manage very well by far without it  ^_^

*hugs from lil me*

*Brain down for upgrade, don't try to understand my logic, I don't...*

• MaDSaMMaDSaM Member Posts: 627
    Yeah, sorry no jumping on Atys.
    Only later some Spell animations let you "jump", but not over anything.
    Would be fun, yes, but it´s not necessary IMHO.
    And it stops all those annyoing "jumping instead of walking" people.

MaDSaM

Ryzom, we dare to be different.
    Do you dare to adapt?
  • Devildog1Devildog1 Member Posts: 494
    I would have to agree with madsam on this that it is mildly annoying to watch people "walking" around looking like kangaroos!
  • vqlyvqly Member UncommonPosts: 296

Here's the thing. Although jumping is a minor thing and you can probably accomplish the same without jumping, NOT being able to jump breaks immersion.

Also not being able to sit in chair :D

Don´t agree about jumping, but absolutely about "sitting on chairs" 
    DAMN I wish they would fix that.
    It was possible during an early stage of the Game, probably Alpha...
    *sigh*

MaDSaM

Do you dare to adapt?
  • katriellkatriell Member UncommonPosts: 977

Originally posted by vqly
    Here's the thing. Although jumping is a minor thing and you can probably accomplish the same without jumping, NOT being able to jump breaks immersion.
    Seeing people jumping up and down constantly breaks immersion worse. It makes it painfully obvious that they're an easily-amused player with a kangaroo fetish, rather than a character with purpose and gravitas.

-----------
    In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on August 13, 2008.

• shezombshezomb Member Posts: 65
    *raises hand* I'm one of the kangaroo people and I still do that by sitting and standing quickly *grins*

*hugs from lil me*

*Brain down for upgrade, don't try to understand my logic, I don't...*

• vqlyvqly Member UncommonPosts: 296

Maybe if they make it so that you waste stamina if you jump, that'll stop those hopping kangaroos.

• marctmarct Member Posts: 75
    Actually stamina loss would be nice for this.  I would think a duck or jump action in melee combat would be even nicer to see than in idle play.  It would give you a greater chance to be missed by a blow.
    / agree

That would be a great idea

MaDSaM

Do you dare to adapt?
  • vladwwvladww Member UncommonPosts: 417

Maybe if they make it so that you waste stamina if you jump, that'll stop those hopping kangaroos.

or with a cool down timer, just like sprinting or invulnerability.

As for sitting on chairs it would be great, well at least sitting on tryckers should be allowed.

Playing : Uncharted Waters Online

• DrenethDreneth Member Posts: 697

Originally posted by Cooktastico
    I started playing SoR and realized that my space bar doesn't do much. Can you not jump? It's a minor annoyance but I like to jump off things, over things, and around things. It sounds weird but I think WoW got me on to that.

Are you the guy that jumps over and over and over and over and over, driving the rest of the group nuts with the *humph* noise most games give their characters?

It is for that reason, and that reason only, that I love the fact there is no jumping in Ryzom.  ;)

- - - -
    Support Independent Game Developers

• DelzoDelzo Member UncommonPosts: 143

Originally posted by MaDSaM
    Yeah, sorry no jumping on Atys.
    Only later some Spell animations let you "jump", but not over anything.
    Would be fun, yes, but it´s not necessary IMHO.
    And it stops all those annyoing "jumping instead of walking" people.

MaDSaM

QFE - So true. Can't understand or stand them. lol
  • DigDuggyDigDuggy Member RarePosts: 641
    Murder..meh, racial injustice...meh, hunger ..meh.  not being able to jump...triggered.  it's just common human decency!  A fundamental right right that was probably in the fine print or the ten commandments.

Plus there is so much you can communicate with how and when u jump 
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828
    edited September 2022
    One of my most fun moments in gaming was when I created a scenario in Ryzom, and published it so others could play it using the Ryzom Ring. I usually watched as the invisible dungeon master, and at the end I would reward people for how they solved the scenario.

You could actually solve it without fighting, or you could just kill everything and win that way. 

I also had some great PvP moments taking over outposts, or fighting to keep ownership of them.

And of course, Ryzom is still the best crafting game ever. Everything in the game is player crafted.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    katriell said:

Seeing people jumping up and down constantly breaks immersion worse. It makes it painfully obvious that they're an easily-amused player with a kangaroo fetish, rather than a character with purpose and gravitas.

and theres nothing worse than bunny hopping when fighting other players...one of the biggest reasons why I despise PVP.