Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elyon Gets New Class, But the Game is Shutting Down in North America and Europe on December 7th | MM

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2022 in News & Features Discussion

imageElyon Gets New Class, But the Game is Shutting Down in North America and Europe on December 7th | MMORPG.com

Today, Elyon gets the duel-wielding melee Soulbringer class, but the new update was accompanied by the news that the game will shut down in North America and Europe in December. 

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlpiusAlpius Member UncommonPosts: 247
    What a confusing announcement.
    TokkenKrisConway
  • foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    "Good news! We're shutting down the game and we have a new class to play!"

*god-level eyerolling*

What they should do is merge the english translation with the servers that are staying up...
    Roin
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    edited September 2022
    This game has had problems since the start. It started out as a sort of Steam Punk flying in the sky mmorpg, with large ships and individual ships, etc.

It ended up  being a sort of generic korean mmorpg where you can fly but you have wings like Aion or a jet pack or a vehicle and you have magic but also technology.

It's as if the developers just freaked and yelled "everything ... EVERYTHING! Throw everything at the screen and see what sticks."

ashiru_1978Valdheimbahamud70
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    Knew the game was dead by the end of the first week, when general chat was nothing but people complaining about the pvp and lack of good endgame and all the people I had friended no longer logged on.
    ashiru_1978
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    Game didn't even last a year..lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Sometimes we need fantasy to survive reality 
    https://biturl.top/rU7bY3
    Beyond the shadows there's always light
  • dartseeddartseed Member UncommonPosts: 23
    it deserves this fate moving it to a generic Korean MMO from what it originally was. Would've been so cool having a steampunk themed MMO.
    foxgirlValdheim
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Thanks for the whiplash.

• ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818

Sovrath said:

This game has had problems since the start. It started out as a sort of Steam Punk flying in the sky mmorpg, with large ships and individual ships, etc.

It ended up  being a sort of generic korean mmorpg where you can fly but you have wings like Aion or a jet pack or a vehicle and you have magic but also technology.

It's as if the developers just freaked and yelled "everything ... EVERYTHING! Throw everything at the screen and see what sticks."

I could not last 1 hour in the game. It's so generic and shallow and boring. And worst of all - you gain levels like crazy. One minute you're level 1, 10 minutes later you're level 20 like nothing happened. I base my comparisons to Vanilla WoW and level 20 should be like 2 or 3 full days of playing, not 3 minutes.
    Sovrath
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    So.. now this is gone. What's that other one? Swords of legend or something? Bets on that one being next?

• DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,458
    edited September 2022
    This game is kind of a sad tale. It was stuck in development hell for some time then finally came out and pretty much flopped with 1-2 months of release. Now it will shut down barely a year post-launch. All of that said, I do feel Tera should've survived over this title, so maybe Kakao will re-launch Tera or something and they can at least make some kind of money since Tera's population was higher than this title for quite some time.
  • ValdheimValdheim Member RarePosts: 614
    That's what you get for ditching the steampunk setting and going the most generic route one could take. Good riddence. A:IR could have been something but this? Maybe crypto Version next?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Deathkon1 said:
    Lmao what the heck is supposed to be a consolation for the players who played this trash?
    Safe in the knowledge that once again they fell for it?

Splattr

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    edited September 2022
    One advantage is that you can play the new class very slowly and you'll get to end game the same time as everyone else....
  • RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 808
    Oh look, another generic trash Korean MMO is shutting down. What a surprise.
    I like to complain about games.
  • GrymmoireGrymmoire Member UncommonPosts: 181

Deathkon1 said:

Lmao what the heck is supposed to be a consolation for the players who played this trash?

That they are freed from their bonds of suffering?
    Kyleran
  • ErevusErevus Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Braindead grinder mmo is shutting down.......... things are starting to look good !!
    "Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom. (Death)”
    ― Terry Pratchett,

• WordsworthWordsworth Member UncommonPosts: 166
    I mean, most people were sure AIR was gonna turn out bad when they chose UE3. Don't have a link, but I very clearly remember Bluehole claiming this to be a steampunk MMO that would 'appeal to western audiences'.

Somehow we just got Korean shovelware...

Shouldn't be surprised by the publishers who so badly fumbled their market lead with PUBG.
  • inmysightsinmysights Member UncommonPosts: 441
    Good grief, if the game actually worked, I tried so many times to try and get it to even install and play. It would just patch loop over and over so I gave up, this was the steam version.
    Kyleran

I am so good, I backstabbed your face!