Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Will the Riot Games MMO's Game World Look Like? | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2022 in News & Features Discussion

imageWhat Will the Riot Games MMO's Game World Look Like? | MMORPG.com

Riot's MMO has an in-depth universe to pull from, one that rivals even Azeroth and the surrounding realms from World of Warcraft. Here's a primer on what the Riot MMO's world just might look like.

Read the full story here

Comments

• HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Is there an official post from RIOT about this worlds being in their mmorpg?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    Each region is so unique with its own lore. If they do it right the world would be one of the most amazing open worlds to explore.
  • RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    That is impressive but I also want them to do a proper big time mmo like the old school ones and not go the easy way of mmo-lite that seems to be the "safer" route
    ScotMallyx
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    The easiest part of an MMORPG is the lore.  Look at how many books are written and paintings that are created each year.  It's nice that they have an extensive amount of lore, now develop some code to make the game world work.  It would be nice for a change for some company to do the coding first before they worry about the story, art, and population of a game.

goemoe

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• TruvidiennTruvidienn Member UncommonPosts: 320
    Whatever it looks like I'll be playing the shit out of it.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    I'm interested.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Hopefully it'll look like Arcane.
    Truvidienn
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135

Remali said:

That is impressive but I also want them to do a proper big time mmo like the old school ones and not go the easy way of mmo-lite that seems to be the "safer" route

They will do what fills their wallets and not what you or me or anyone else like. It's all about the benjamins and nothing is about gaming for decades now. When is the last time a good, old school mmo came out? 10 years ago? I rest my case.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674

Spiider said:

Remali said:

They will do what fills their wallets and not what you or me or anyone else like. It's all about the benjamins and nothing is about gaming for decades now. When is the last time a good, old school mmo came out? 10 years ago? I rest my case.

Both agree and disagree. Riot has put a lot of effort to build the reputation they have over the years. I don't see them caching out on that reputation through this MMORPG, but who knows.

Lore wise, it looks promising as hell. I am usually a sucker for sandbox MMOs, but for this one, I definitely want a game that is along the lines of WoW and FFXIV. Make the lore and all it's stories main focus and wrap it in great single and group content.

I'm a little hyped.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Spiider said:

Remali said:

Yep. F2P and agressive monetization via cash shop and gamble..ehh loot boxes is the standard now.

Thanks but no thanks.

I am mostly playing older games these days, games on Nintendo Switch and single player games.
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135

Both agree and disagree. Riot has put a lot of effort to build the reputation they have over the years. I don't see them caching out on that reputation through this MMORPG, but who knows.

Lore wise, it looks promising as hell. I am usually a sucker for sandbox MMOs, but for this one, I definitely want a game that is along the lines of WoW and FFXIV. Make the lore and all it's stories main focus and wrap it in great single and group content.

I'm a little hyped.

I hear you. But don't forget who owns Riot.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    This game isn't coming out for 3-5 years. Stop this.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.