Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Indie MMO Spotlight - Monthly Dev Updates and a VR Game Of The Year Finalist | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2022 in News & Features Discussion

imageIndie MMO Spotlight - Monthly Dev Updates and a VR Game Of The Year Finalist | MMORPG.com

Each week, we scour the internet for all things indie MMO-related, so you don't have to. This week, Zenith is up for an award, Book of Travels gets a new roadmap, and several devs put out their monthly updates. 

Read the full story here

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    edited August 2022
    only interested in Past Fate and Monster & Memories right now.
    Post edited by Tokken on

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    Zenith will have a hard time winning against big names like the ones listed. It's fun but still very early in development, the other games are complete. I like it but it's not a finished product at this point so putting it up against the likes of a RE is pretty steep hill to climb. If it wins, I would be very surprised.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,824
    That picture, it looks like an Asian MMO set against an old DnD lore book?
    McSleaz
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    Chimeraland is the worst thing I have tried recently. I don't know how anyone plays it. Awesome character creator, then I don't know what happens but it's really bad.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • SplattrSplattr Member RarePosts: 537

Scot said:

That picture, it looks like an Asian MMO set against an old DnD lore book?

That is from the Monsters & Memories monthly blog. It definitely reminds me of D&D books or modules.
    ScotKnightFalz

Viper482 said:

Chimeraland is the worst thing I have tried recently. I don't know how anyone plays it. Awesome character creator, then I don't know what happens but it's really bad.

I like it. There is some major jank to it but I am having some fun playing it very casual like. I couldn't recommend it without giving a "you probably won't like it but you never know" disclaimer.
    maskedweaselMcSleaz
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547

Splattr said:

Viper482 said:

I like it. There is some major jank to it but I am having some fun playing it very casual like. I couldn't recommend it without giving a "you probably won't like it but you never know" disclaimer.

Splattr, did you get your name from the movie "The Splattering" from the "Locke and Key" series on Netflix?

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• chelvaricchelvaric Member UncommonPosts: 47
    quite intrested in palia
    Tokken said:

Splattr said:

Viper482 said:

Splattr, did you get your name from the movie "The Splattering" from the "Locke and Key" series on Netflix?
    Good series, got a little silly with all the running around and flipping in the last few episodes of the last series though.
    Tokken

Tokken said:

Splattr said:

Viper482 said:

Nope, it goes back way further than that. My first moniker for gaming was based off of my name - Gassman, Gazzman, Gass, Gazz, or just GAS for those of you who are old enough to remember three letter leaderboards. After online games became a thing and name filters started restricting access to those names (hint, take away the G), I had to come up with something else. I had a friend that made fun of how I would always splatter against enemy ships in the X-wing and Tie Fighter games, so Splatter sorta stuck. It was shortened to Splattr when Splatter was already taken by someone on Xbox Live. Dropping the e has served me well since then with the name only already being taken one time in any online game or forum I've joined.
    UwakionnaTokkenScot
  • UwakionnaUwakionna Member RarePosts: 1,139
    edited August 2022
    Once upon a time one of my character names in Planetside was "ImASplat" for similar reasons.
    SplattrTokken
    edited August 2022
    Splattr said:

Tokken said:

Splattr said:

Viper482 said:

Nope, it goes back way further than that. My first moniker for gaming was based off of my name - Gassman, Gazzman, Gass, Gazz, or just GAS for those of you who are old enough to remember three letter leaderboards. After online games became a thing and name filters started restricting access to those names (hint, take away the G), I had to come up with something else. I had a friend that made fun of how I would always splatter against enemy ships in the X-wing and Tie Fighter games, so Splatter sorta stuck. It was shortened to Splattr when Splatter was already taken by someone on Xbox Live. Dropping the e has served me well since then with the name only already being taken one time in any online game or forum I've joined.
    You are reminding me of the time I found out the name I had picked in Age of Conan was in dutch language quite offensive. It was "(part of a ladies anatomy)man". I had new dutch players contact me every few weeks with "are you from the Netherlands"? What got me was "man" is English, but apparently they use it as well.

The name was meant to mean "Fortitude of Aman", for my Setite toon, but that taught me a lesson.

After that experience I told the guild and indeed any players, don't put the letters "man", "boy", "girl" etc in your name as in another language it can mean something else entirely! :)