Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Overwatch Is Halting Loot Box Sales Next Month, Launches Anniversary Event Today | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2022 in News & Features Discussion

imageOverwatch Is Halting Loot Box Sales Next Month, Launches Anniversary Event Today | MMORPG.com

Overwatch is sunsetting a feature that it helped define since its launch in 2016: loot boxes. Next month, after the conclusion of the current anniversary event, loot boxes will no longer be purchasable.

Read the full story here

Comments

• koldmiserkoldmiser Member RarePosts: 348
    We are getting rid of loot boxes...right after this big event! LOL!
  • KratierKratier Member RarePosts: 626
    aw thanks for the article, i didnt know they are doing the event
    also to the guy complaining above, i prefer loot boxes over endless battle pass grind
    activision's other game COD takes an eternity to grind their battle passes and no cosmetics from your battle passes are carrying over to MW2 or warzone 2
  • eoloeeoloe Member RarePosts: 864
    Hopefully, they will associate the content of previous loot boxes with NFTs. That way I can give a value and sense to my life. /s
  • UwakionnaUwakionna Member RarePosts: 1,139
    Gotta wait and see what their new battle pass and shop looks like. No loot boxes doesn't mean much if they're just redistributing the problem elsewhere.
    Iselin
  • WordsworthWordsworth Member UncommonPosts: 163
    I rarely even open the boxes any more when I play - normally i do 30-40 at a time. If the battle pass is all cosmetics, it's only trading a system i didnt care about for another system i dont care about.

I dont trust it. Overwatch always had a fair b2p business model. You never get something for nothing when a game moves f2p. As long as characters dont get paywalled, it shouldnt effect me.
  • KratierKratier Member RarePosts: 626
    activisions COD has a pretty fair battle pass system, you buy in once, but get all your currency back and more after you complete tier 100.
    but still the time to grind is insane, so good luck you people wanting battle passes. got enough of them in other games already