Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blue Protocol Release Coming Sometime After 2022 Due To Bandai Namco's Restructuring | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2022 in News & Features Discussion

imageBlue Protocol Release Coming Sometime After 2022 Due To Bandai Namco's Restructuring | MMORPG.com

If you've been wondering what exactly is going on with Blue Protocol, you're not alone. Thankfully, it looks like Bandai Namco has provided something of an update this week for fans eager for news.

Read the full story here

Comments

• slowz2secretslowz2secret Member RarePosts: 407
    After 2022 lmao, so that mean it can be in 2050, that sounds so stupid.
    Darkpigeon
  • NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,130
    It's the same thing that happened with other Japanese mmorpg's; they get stuck in beta-test limbo, and then people eventually forget about them.

Anyone remember Monster hunter online? Or Dragon's Dogma online?

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
  • UwakionnaUwakionna Member RarePosts: 1,139
    Part of that is timidity in porting a product.

Like Dragon's Dogma Online actually released, but only in Japan. Having to tunnel in and use fan translations for UI wasn't really the best experience.

MHOnline similarly released, but only in China.

In both cases those games were restricted directly by Capcom having no interest or expectations to push for a global release.

Blue Protocol is at least aiming for a global launch.

Think the likes of Kingdom Under Fire 2 is a more direct analogue. 
  • AngrakhanAngrakhan Member EpicPosts: 1,164
    I notice that the translation reads "years". As in plural. If accurate that would mean sometime after 2023.
  • BatzenbaerBatzenbaer Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Soon™

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Bandai Namcon restructuring... that worries me. I hope they don't butcher the Tales team more than they already have. I am looking forward to playing Blue Protocol but they should just not talk about it and make a good game.