Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ROSE Online is Being Officially Relaunched By a New Team | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageROSE Online is Being Officially Relaunched By a New Team | MMORPG.com

ROSE Online will be relaunched under development by a new team, which has acquired the license to officially run and develop the game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• namcostnamcost Member UncommonPosts: 31
    A game studio, that literally has a "kickstarter" setup to "hire a lead developer" which is just a joke in my mind, and then want you to PAY THEM to get "updates" about what they are doing in terms of game updates.... And when you hear the PR side of things, they are "fans of rose online" and "its a passion project" I wonder how CHEAP it was to buy a license to make rose online. I am half temped to buy a license myself and make my own server and profit.... I mean hell if a bunch of dweebs who aren't even a real studio can buy a license then I am pretty sure anyone can.... I bet its like a few hundred bucks which is nothing. Even if its in the thousand range I can still afford it no sweat.....
  • DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,456
    Site says "Returning Soon" but the article was from October of last year....wonder how soon are they thinking.....
  • namcostnamcost Member UncommonPosts: 31
    ALSO I want to point out, the Developers of this new Rose Server are claiming "current private servers are illegal" which is factually incorrect.

WHAT THEY DONT WANT TO TELL YOU is that the server files itself have become open source and literally ANYONE in the US can make a server.

I even contacted Gravity and they have no knowledge of an "official rose server" coming to the USA.

Which tells me the people making this new rose version are LYING and simply don't want users talking about other private servers because they are "competition."

In reality there is a forums (forums.dev-osrose) which is VERY old, where they talked about modifying these official game files to make their own game. FUNNY PART? The heads of this forums are the SAME lead developers of the new Rose Online release! L3nn0x, one of the lead devs of the new version, is all over those forums talking about programming and modifying the game.

They never ONCE got the "okay" form Gravity. Because they don't need it! ANYONE can open a server!!!! And while you can't make the game "pay to play" you CAN charge for cosmetics that YOU create. Which is exactly what pretty much every private server is doing. Thusly its LEGAL.

So do not fall for their scam that they are the official development team. Use common sense, there is no way some unknown video game development start up that doesn't even have an official office because "we have people all around the world" and they all work from home, ON THEIR FREE TIME, would get official blessing from Gravity to develop rose online in the USA....

GRAVITY still exists in the US. Technically WARP PORTAL is Gravity's USA representative. IF the game was coming back in an actual official capacity, WARP PORTAL is where the game would exist. They literally own the rights to an official server capacity. But they weren't making money on rose and play counts were low, so they nixed the game from their catalog with Gravity's blessing. No reason to keep an unpopular game going.

ON MY PRVEIOUS POST NOTE, supposedly the "lead developer" wants people to PAY THEM MONEY (because they aren't a real business) through a sort of kickstarter so the moron can quit his REAL job, and work only on Rose Online. That is the most pathetic thing I have ever heard. Imagine having a business where there you cannot pay your employees and you dont even have a game you can play.

On the official news side, they said early access drops in November this year 2022. Most likely they will hit hard with cosmetics because they are DESPERATE for money. This game will eventually fall apart because its not official. They really think people will quit these other private servers like Arua Rose? They have high level characters, why would they join another server? Both are legal servers regardless what Rednim games claims. They are just salty because they cannot shut down those supposed illegal servers. They have ever right to exist based on the open source files released to said public. I have dug into detail in every way possible and PROVED this to be true. I could right now, spin up a server if I wanted, and there is NOTHING Rednim can do about it, because its just as legal as their release.