Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake on 'Indefinite Pause' Following Aspyr Studios Firings

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageStar Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake on 'Indefinite Pause' Following Aspyr Studios Firings | MMORPG.com

Work on the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic remake has reportedly been put on indefinite pause after sudden developer firings at developer Aspyr Studios.

Read the full story here

Comments

• OldKingLogOldKingLog Member RarePosts: 567
    Sounds like they put the project into the hands of developers that never created a game from scratch, just ported pre-made titles to other OS's. Which ended badly. Not really that surprising.
    HJ-Navarre
  • McCordRMMcCordRM Member UncommonPosts: 9
    This drops my excitement for the game big time. I was really hoping they could somehow recapture the magic of the original. Ah, well.
    eoloe
    My friends and I discussing various topics:
    LANGUAGE WARNING:  https://tinyurl.com/s5sue44m
    P.S.  Skip to about 30 seconds on the videos if you hate the opening as much as I do. Pfft.

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    This sucks ass. Was really looking forward to this.
    SovratheoloeNanfoodle
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081
    aw damn :((
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    edited July 2022
    Expected, this is becoming more the norm for Star Wars titles we all have been waiting for.

Actually the whole gaming industry seems to be in a massive state of flux more so than it's been in years. Title after title getting pushed out, canceled or just quietly abandoned.

The only game that's stayed course through all the market ups and downs sadly is Star Citizen lmao.
    OldKingLogSovrathTokken
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Tiller said:
    Expected, this is becoming more the norm for Star Wars titles we all have been waiting for.

Actually the whole gaming industry seems to be in a massive state of flux more so than it's been in years. Title after title getting pushed out, canceled or just quietly abandoned.

The only game that's stayed course through all the market ups and downs sadly is Star Citizen lmao.
    Well, SC is the only game being created using nearly endless free money.  Most of the rest are funded by people who expect a return on their investment in a reasonable timeframe, and punish failure harshly, sort of like this guy.

ScotCogohieoloeTillerachesoma

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    In a Gaming Galaxy far, far away...

Expensive...don't try it.
    Takes too long...don't try it.
    Not on mobile...don't try it.
    Not got a cash shop...don't try it.
    No gambling gameplay...don't try it.

Coming soon in a Gaming Galaxy not so far away at all:

No NFT's...don't try it.
    No crypto...don't try it.
    Ricardo5802
  • ZaderaZadera Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Honestly, if it took this long for the company to notice that the game is behind schedule by 3 years and actually act on it, that just screams poor management all the way to the top. I am now doubting their ability going forward. Hopefully they will get it together, before it is a total fail. I am becoming increasingly disinterested in companies that fail even on one project, just do to the past history of failures in the industry. Companies either refuse to take a hard stance on developers and timelines, or they release it too early and it is a horrible platform, or they crowd fund a project and walk away before it is complete. I miss the old days when they release a game that is ready (even if it is late), charge me an exorbitant rate (no I really don't mind paying a bit too much for a game if it is worth it), and succeed (Bethesda and Blizzard are notable examples), which makes me crave another game by that manufacturer.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Tiller said:

Stayed course while setting the destination multiple galaxies further and further away, you mean. 
  • KratierKratier Member RarePosts: 626
    the way they were talking is they were going to re-do all the combat and core gameplay so, it wasnt going to be coming out for many years anyway
    Sovrath
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Tiller said:

But how did they screw up a damn remake? The fundamental blueprint is right in front of their faces.
    Kyleran
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    edited July 2022
    achesoma said:
    Tiller said:

But how did they screw up a damn remake? The fundamental blueprint is right in front of their faces.
    Overambition by a company too small and inexperienced to handle it. Imagine if Final Fantasy 7 Remake was handled by the accounting firm for the talented team who brought you Nintendogs.
    achesoma
  • DEXA88DEXA88 Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Put Kim Jong UN in charge of the project it will finish in 6 months or else :) He is a genious of creation after all P:
    Scot