Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Elder Scrolls Online Will Get an Update 35 PTS Update After Negative Feedback on Combat Changes

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageThe Elder Scrolls Online Will Get an Update 35 PTS Update After Negative Feedback on Combat Changes | MMORPG.com

With major combat changes set for next month's Update 35, feedback on the PTS build means The Elder Scrolls Online will get a PTS update next week.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 875
    They don't know what there doing. They should have stuck to their guns and pushed the update out to see how things went. Lambert's response to the community was very disrespectful people are going to be pissed when you change things grow up. If you honestly think it is for the better then ride out the storm or say we are trying this for three months or whatever. To make drastic changes then be surprised by the uproar and make shitty comments about the player base just seems like you have a baby running the show and not a professional.
    10chaiScotIselinashiru_1978alin1209
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    Abimor said:
    They don't know what there doing. They should have stuck to their guns and pushed the update out to see how things went. Lambert's response to the community was very disrespectful people are going to be pissed when you change things grow up. If you honestly think it is for the better then ride out the storm or say we are trying this for three months or whatever. To make drastic changes then be surprised by the uproar and make shitty comments about the player base just seems like you have a baby running the show and not a professional.
    Devs have to stick with changes at least for a few months, if it does not bed in then change back. Kneejerk reactions based on social media are not good practise in any walk of life.
    AbimorChaserzGobstopper3DMcSleaz
    Scot said:
    Abimor said:
    Devs have to stick with changes at least for a few months, if it does not bed in then change back. Kneejerk reactions based on social media are not good practise in any walk of life.
    it is probably not remembered well but two expansions ago they tried to change the combat also and the players threw a fit so they backed down. for all the people who say the game is great and I would play it except for the combat this is why it will never change they lack the fortitude to get it done. I honestly like the changes they had in mind from a few years back for greeymor these changes today I have no opinion about but I have lost my zeal for eso the exspansions all feel the same. 
    Scotsirwut
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited July 2022
    Abimor said:
    My sub is up on Monday. I'll let YOU "ride it out" for 3 months lol.

Only morons haven't figured out why the changes are bad:

1. It nerfs everyone, especially the low and mid power players whom they allegedly want to bring up to be more competitive. Top end players will adapt and be just fine doing the hard mode trials. They'll just need to be more selective about who they allow into the groups.

2. Top end content is balanced around the current power - they are doing zero to tune that. Once again, it's the ones who can barely do the top content who will be hurt the most.

3. the changes announced for next week's PTS are minor and actually make some sense: DOTs that stick to enemies are unchanged from last week's changes. It's the ones that are ground targeted that are being reverted to their current duration and 1 second tick frequency because mobs in ESO, including bosses, move around a lot. so a tick every 2 seconds and longer duration for those DOTs was idiotic.

4. Healers, even the good ones, were struggling on the PTS in vet dungeons and trials because a HOT tick every two seconds was not enough when mobs are not also tuned to do their damage every 2 seconds.

I could go on but those are the highlights.

KyleranAbimorGobstopper3Dalin1209GrymmoireCalavry
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351
    They have not fixed the stuck-in combat or Perma stacking rebuffs, and they want to upset their current player base? What are they trying to solve with all these changes after over 8 years? Are they nerfing oakensoul but not SnowTreaders ? They have done nothing to stop ball group lag? Have they removed known desync skill. Have then added any new large scale pvp zones.

But if you wish you can spend thousands on houses that do nothing :).
  • QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    edited July 2022

Abimor said:

Richard Lambert being rude to/about feedback from the ESO community?

Shocker. Did he manage to not ban anyone this time?

Iselin said:

Abimor said:

1. It nerfs everyone, especially the low and mid power players whom they allegedly want to bring up to be more competitive. Top end players will adapt and be just fine doing the hard mode trials. They'll just need to be more selective about who they allow into the groups.

2. Top end content is balanced around the current power - they are doing zero to tune that. Once again, it's the ones who can barely do the top content who will be hurt the most.

3. the changes announced for next week's PTS are minor and actually make some sense: DOTs that stick to enemies are unchanged from last week's changes. It's the ones that are ground targeted that are being reverted to their current duration and 1 second tick frequency because mobs in ESO, including bosses, move around a lot. so a tick every 2 seconds and longer duration for those DOTs was idiotic.

4. Healers, even the good ones, were struggling on the PTS in vet dungeons and trials because a HOT tick every two seconds was not enough when mobs are not also tuned to do their damage every 2 seconds.

I don't like what I have read about the update but my point is still the same. They have no idea what they are doing if you weren't expecting a storm after making these changes what world do you live in? How can they make meaningful changes if they don't have the spine to see it through? Your comment about the sub thing I understand not wanting to live through the changes for them to be reversed but are you never going to sub again? For me the bigger concern is the login times and the same feeling of the expansions over and over. It's weird how there willing to stick to their guns on jewelry crafting which everyone hates it's grind but not this.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Abimor said:

Iselin said:

Abimor said:

I don't like what I have read about the update but my point is still the same. They have no idea what they are doing if you weren't expecting a storm after making these changes what world do you live in? How can they make meaningful changes if they don't have the spine to see it through? Your comment about the sub thing I understand not wanting to live through the changes for them to be reversed but are you never going to sub again? For me the bigger concern is the login times and the same feeling of the expansions over and over. It's weird how there willing to stick to their guns on jewelry crafting which everyone hates it's grind but not this.
    I'll sub again probably in the fall when they do the second half of High Isle.

I just know when it's time to take a break: when the same old shit they've always done makes me angry :)
    AbimorGrymmoire
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Abimor said:

Iselin said:

Abimor said:

I'll sub again probably in the fall when they do the second half of High Isle.

I just know when it's time to take a break: when the same old shit they've always done makes me angry :)
    I hear ya brother I think unless their chapter design changes I might be done the game has been feeling like a job for me lately and I found a game where I enjoy the crafting much more 
  • ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818

Abimor said:

ESO has become crap and the developers are pandering to the whales that play their game and buy pets, mounts and cosmetics. No wonder the game is so bad and keeps getting worse, the players have really low standards.
    Sensaisirwut
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    edited July 2022

Abimor said:

Lambert is an ass. He's been an even bigger ass since he had to stop making Twitch videos because his wife couldn't shut up and stop insulting players. She literally caused him to lose revenue by having to stay off Twitch and got him in hot shit with Zenimax, but obviously he blames the players. rofl

He had to get off Twitch?! Oh that's awesome lol. I'm glad ZOS pulled the plug on that. That was out of hand. I followed him for a time when he first started, and thought it was cool for him to do. But as he got more comfy with streaming, the favoritism and pandering to specific streamers started. All the sucking-up and white-knighting in the chat was getting ridiculous. It all went to his head, and he was pretty obnoxious toward the end there.

Banning an ESO content creator for asking a very valid question (after giving a BS response), then saying "good riddance" was my "Yep. I'm out" moment. Unfollowed and never returned. I saw news about his wife mocking players later on.

I did not know he was told to stop streaming by ZoS. That's awesome. Perfect outcome.

"Good riddance", eh Lambert?