Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Life Beyond Alpha Impressions - Is This Play and Earn MMO a Real Game? | MMONFT | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited July 2022 in Videos Discussion

imageLife Beyond Alpha Impressions - Is This Play and Earn MMO a Real Game? | MMONFT | MMORPG.com

At the end of June, Life Beyond opened up its Alpha version. After receiving an Airdropped NFT to access the game early, and spending tons of time to forge an opinion, is Life Beyond a real game, or is it something else?

Read the full story here

Comments

• RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 808
    A scam game looks like garbage. Who knew. Play to earn lmfao.
    Dekahn
    I like to complain about games.
  • Batak_KillerBatak_Killer Member UncommonPosts: 395
    No thanks. I followed this game way before, when it was just a normal game, without any blockchain or P2E nonsense... Now its just a scam, sad day.
    KyleranAlverant

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    It looks okay. I don't want to shoot bullet sponges all day though. That's what turned me off of games like the division. 

The cool thing is that games that require a lot more action like this are way harder to bot. Definitely one of the better blockchain games in development.
    Kyleranstrawhat0981

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,981
    edited July 2022
    Too early to say then, but if it starts with NFT's that has to be a huge negative, it could have crypto by launch if it does not already. I have long gone past the point of giving games in development the benefit of the doubt. I always say we have to wait and see, but meanwhile I won't put a penny in and hardly even follow games in development.

There really is no need, I can read articles on here and other players update you with their impressions, so much faster. :)
    maskedweaselKyleranmeerclarPetitSoldat
  • TheDalaiBombaTheDalaiBomba Member EpicPosts: 1,493
    It sounds a *lot* like a topside Deep Rock Galactic, even down to the class equipment (DRG literally includes a zipline on one of the classes).

They'll have a tough time if they're looking to poach fans of that game, though.  Ghost Ship Games is a pretty stellar example of how an indie studio should work in the era of Early Access.  They regularly see their average players increase from anywhere between 5-50% month over month due to their continual drip of quality content.
    maskedweaselKyleranBatak_Killer
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    It sounds a *lot* like a topside Deep Rock Galactic, even down to the class equipment (DRG literally includes a zipline on one of the classes).

They'll have a tough time if they're looking to poach fans of that game, though.  Ghost Ship Games is a pretty stellar example of how an indie studio should work in the era of Early Access.  They regularly see their average players increase from anywhere between 5-50% month over month due to their continual drip of quality content.
    I didn't even make a connection with deep rock galactic when I watched the video but I can kind of see it. Especially if they add more harvesting. 

• TheDalaiBombaTheDalaiBomba Member EpicPosts: 1,493

I didn't even make a connection with deep rock galactic when I watched the video but I can kind of see it. Especially if they add more harvesting. 
    That's true, the objectives are different, and being g topside makes it a far different exploration experience.

They could do a lot worse for inspiration, for sure, I just wouldn't want to compete too closely with DRG.
    maskedweasel
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    nice publi-reportage ^^
    on side, for ppl living in grotto: Bored Ape + ROKH + Darewise french team (not so much ppl, 6 if i'm correct) + NFT =

a ***** BIG RED FLAG!

dont spend in this scam!
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869
    edited July 2022
    Makes me really sad to see so much nft related coverage on this website without laughing about how terrible they are. You don't have to cover fake MMOs and we will all be happier for it. Promise.
    kitaradDekahn