Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open-World RPG Tower of Fantasy Launching Globally In Q3 2022 On PC And Mobile

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2022 in Videos Discussion
Post edited by lotrlore on

Comments

• VidahrVidahr Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,454
    I know some people are hype about this but wasn't the publisher or whatever caught stealing other people's stuff and using it as their own advertisement material not long ago?
    Asm0deus
  • VidahrVidahr Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Dattelis said:
    I know some people are hype about this but wasn't the publisher or whatever caught stealing other people's stuff and using it as their own advertisement material not long ago?
    They copy/pasted reviews from Genshin to their own game with bots.
    DattelisAsm0deus
  • losthewarlosthewar Member UncommonPosts: 72
    and mobile = bad
    PetitSoldat
  • SophusVir33SophusVir33 Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Hey look its genshin renamed
  • PetitSoldatPetitSoldat Member UncommonPosts: 133
    edited June 2022

Yeah! Except that the combat dynamics are different, there's a character creation, there's a variety of weapons for the same character, there are vehicles, it's a futuristic world and an MMORPG. But you are absolutely right! Both are made by Chinese companies and will be on mobile too. I warned everyone that God of War and Gears of War are the same game. They just exchanged a few letters. Scammers everywhere!
    user298strawhat0981Vidahr
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • eoloeeoloe Member RarePosts: 864

MadLovin said:

Yeah! Except that the combat dynamics are different, there's a character creation, there's a variety of weapons for the same character, there are vehicles, it's a futuristic world and an MMORPG. But you are absolutely right! Both are made by Chinese companies and will be on mobile too. I warned everyone that God of War and Gears of War are the same game. They just exchanged a few letters. Scammers everywhere!

All Chinese games are the same: they're shit to be avoided.

Well, I had fun in Genshin for three months with a total cost of $15. Good deal IMO.
    ValdheimPetitSoldatcheyane
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404
    Aori said:
    ...snip...
    Genshin to be fair is a good buy at 0 bucks. It isn't worth playing daily but consuming its content updates is definitely worth admission if you like anime style games.

Ya it has MTX but unless you have addictive disorders and can't help but drool over pixelated waifus and husbando's you don't have to drop a dime.

So it isn't fair to say ALL chinese games, just most.
    Played this game a good while with my son and tbh besides the grinding it has lots of gacha and most of the power is hidden behind that gacha especially if you like to chase the flavor of the month.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

edited June 2022
    Aori said:
    ...snip..
    Oh no doubt it is there, just not needed. There is also no pressure to do it from a competitive standpoint, the game might as well be singleplayer.

But like I said, the game gives you enough rewards to get more than sufficient power. Which is why I simply added the caveat, don't touch if you're susceptible to addiction.

Yes and no.

Some of the content suck rocks to do solo if you don't have that extra power, I mean sure you can go through the main story lines fine but want to build an OP character like in some non gacha games or like in many single players games..welp good luck with that and good luck with rolling on banners till you get enough pity built up and hope the 5 star you get is the one you actually want.

It's not about addiction but rather if you really like the game and want to keep interest past the main story be prepared to open your wallet to keep building character power at any kind of decent rate or be prepared to grind a long, long, long time to get those primo gems.

I liked the game, my son, lucky bugger got a 5 star Diluc right off the bat, and I enjoyed playing it but we both got tired of the grind at some point as it felt there no more progression due to how most of the power is hidden in the gacha rolls.

It remains a mobile type monetized game with all that entails.
    cheyane

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    This looks good but probably has some nasty gambling stuff. Will see when it comes out.
    Chamber of Chains
  • KratierKratier Member RarePosts: 626
    comments here demonstrate typical racist western stereotypes against eastern games.

Im still playing genshin since launch, and what this game offers is instead of genshin is that its an actual open world mmo with other players around, and each "character" is a unique weapon and playstyle. So unlike genshin, getting a new character from a banner means unlocking a new unique playstyle.

there are open world coop quests, you can explore the map with a jetpack and create your own character. its more like a f2p mobile mmo, with a PC client.
    I don't think this is going to be any where near as successful as genshin.
    Sensai
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Aori said:
    MadLovin said:

Genshin to be fair is a good buy at 0 bucks. It isn't worth playing daily but consuming its content updates is definitely worth admission if you like anime style games.

Ya it has MTX but unless you have addictive disorders and can't help but drool over pixelated waifus and husbando's you don't have to drop a dime.

I am soooo confused.. if not to drool over pixilated waifus, why would I play these these games to start with ? Have I been missing something all these years?
    cheyane
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

Aori said:

MadLovin said:

I think Genshin does a lot right with its accessible world and evolving content. However, its form of MTX is very much a combination of FOMO and time gating character progression (between gatchas and evolution materials). I've long since decided to never play "hero" games or ones where the "good" weapons can only reliably be obtained in gacha pulls. So many times they tease you in with some good initial pulls/selections but that's because the gams are in it for the long haul and will often add new layers of units/items/rarity that forces investment down the road (not necessarily to be competitive, to just complete some of the baseline content).

I agree that for someone who doesn't mind the grind, and at times glacial progression in these types of games when you don't spend money, it is hard to beat the value of a game like Genshin. However, when I put money into a game now it is because I want to know what I get for my money, so reserve it for new premium purchases or cosmetics where I am control what I get for my spend. I know millions don't operate that way, and unfortunately these games will keep coming out as they are often so incredibly profitable.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    When I see a heading that says "On PC and mobile" for me it is an instant turnoff and an instant no
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Aori said:
    Ungood said:
    Aori said:
    MadLovin said:

I am soooo confused.. if not to drool over pixilated waifus, why would I play these these games to start with ? Have I been missing something all these years?
    I mean, if you can't control yourself, it's bad but yes drooling is part of the process, be safe, drool in moderation.
    I totally agree, all they need to do now, is remove those stupid butt capes.
    [Deleted User]
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

edited June 2022
    Aori said:
    ...snip...
    I said that though, consume its content updates, move on. After that you'll get trapped in the loop which in all honesty isn't fun or rewarding even for spenders. 

Solo is easier than group play unless you're being carried. Far easier to set up elemental reactions and a proper team on your own.

Because you know that extra power is there you feel you need it, you don't. aside from abyss 11+ or some hardest mode events, the game is too easy.

The point I am making is that while it's okay and fun to play it stops being fun at some point and for some that will be before getting through the main story line due to the gacha mechanics.  Look up almost any kind of guide or build and you will see they almost all use some 5 star character you have to acquire several times via gacha to unlock most of it's power or good features etc etc

Saying that game doesn't have bad mtx unless you have an addiction problem is a big exaggeration on your part and a tad disingenuous.

I don't have any addiction problem, I tend to play until I get bored or the grind is too meh or I hit the paywall most game now have and move one that said I wont excuse a game for having a shitty monetization and the grind and monetization in genshin is pretty crappy.

You are basically saying meh Diablo Immortal is just fine as long as you play till end game then move on and only come back for updates....and awhile genshin is better mtx wise than diablo immortal it still comes down to the same thing.

Oh and the game is only easy on low world levels, it gets harder as the world level goes up.  If you don't up your characters power to compensate you are going to have trouble and saying just playing the game normally and doing the story line will give you enough power to do well in higher world levels is kind of funny, it doesn't which is why we stopped playing.

cheyane

• DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,454
    I just noticed that this was a gacha mmorpg, so that's gonna be rough....