Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SmileGate celebrates 800k concurrent users!

TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
edited June 2022 in Lost Ark
Most of which are bots I assume. This really angers me. We are dealing with what is most likely bots clogging up the queue and they are over there celebrating it. Maybe bots and RMTers were the target market all along. smdh

SWG Bloodfin vet
Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Post edited by Tiller on
Scot

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    It really is disingenuous for Smilegate to be touting these numbers when they well understand more than half, maybe 75 % even are bots.

[Deleted User]TheDalaiBomba

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674
    Oof, that is rough. Well, they did finally lose an actual player (myself) this weekend. Decided to completely drop out and while writing this, I was about to write that I might drop in once a week to do Argos, but to be fair, I'm not even going to do that.

The main reason is the non-existing solution to the bots. 60-75% bots, inflation off the roof and I just feel like I waste my time as bots are progressing faster and easier than myself. 

And I'm going to be honest. If I notice that a game I'm interested in have this kind of honing system, I'm out. It's lazy. It's way too punishing. And it's overall just boring. You can compare it to the grind in World of Warcraft where a BIS drop is 1%, if you will, but that kind of system is so much better and more rewarding. 
  • BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member RarePosts: 565
    Well, Smilegate and Amazon have thus confirmed what I mentioned in a previous post - i.e. bots are here to stay, as they are part of their strategy and PR campaign, and especially AGS is now so scared of a huge drop in numbers and the inevitable public ridicule that they will do anything in their power to prevent it. Concerns of real players and login queues are only a secondary issue to them.

For some reason, bots seem to need some time to boot up after each maintenance and that's when you see more realistic Lost Ark population figures. Every Thursday in the first few hours after maintenance, the player numbers are around 200k. Then bot farms fire up their scripts and the numbers go back up to the 700k range.

Well, Smilegate and Amazon have thus confirmed what I mentioned in a previous post - i.e. bots are here to stay, as they are part of their strategy and PR campaign, and especially AGS is now so scared of a huge drop in numbers and the inevitable public ridicule that they will do anything in their power to prevent it. Concerns of real players and login queues are only a secondary issue to them.

For some reason, bots seem to need some time to boot up after each maintenance and that's when you see more realistic Lost Ark population figures. Every Thursday in the first few hours after maintenance, the player numbers are around 200k. Then bot farms fire up their scripts and the numbers go back up to the 700k range.

Not only is it a few hours after maintenance, we are talking peak time of the day. And when you expect a drop at 3AM it keeps climbing like they are on Mount Everest. 
    @Tiller where is the source for this article by the way? May we have the link?
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    @Tiller where is the source for this article by the way? May we have the link?

It was just something off reddit I thought was funny, but it's since been removed... here is the link

SWG Bloodfin vet

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    800K concurrent users? Meaning 790k bots and 10k players?
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    The amazon/SG defenders are out in full force arguing and reporting people who complain abou the bots plus they also seem to have robo-banning on full throttle in the Steam forums. It's really getting ugly.

SWG Bloodfin vet