Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

8 Reasons you should avoid Thang Online

NFx190NFx190 Member Posts: 3

Hello MMORPG,

I am writing this because I was a former Game Master of Thang Online(TO). During my employment as a Game Master for Thang Online, which was for about 4 months; I saw more corruption in the game than a private World of Warcraft server. After giving many suggestions on how to improve the game and how to cut out the staff corruption, I was forced to resign because they did not want to hear what I had to say. Below is 7 reasons I can think of off the top of my head as too why you should avoid this game all together.

8 Reasons you shouldn't Play Thang Global/Thang Online/ThangMMO/TO whichever you like to call it.

1. Developers and Game Masters are corrupt. They do whatever they want to whoever they want.

2. You get muted for saying "Dam it" in general chat.

3. You get banned for saying "E-PEEN" in general chat. For those who do not know what that means, it is internet slang for ego, pride, or attitude in the virtual world.

4. Guardian positions are rewarded to those who win the "I'm the most Popular" contest (Guardians have the power to mute players in-game for disrupting game chat.)

5. One of the Developers sells you any item(s) you want, if you send money to his PayPal.

6. They let known Hackers/Cheaters/Dupers become Developers.

7. They mute and ban you for voicing concern about game issues or voicing your opinion.

8. They use a "loop-hole" in there Rules of Conduct/Terms of Service for when the Game Masters make up rules right on the spot so they can unrightfully punish you for doing nothing wrong.

"Jaca Entertainment may take any actions and impose any penalties we deem necessary to discourage and punish any violation of these terms or any other illegal or inappropriate conduct, all without prior notice or warning. The determination as to whether a violation has occurred and who is responsible for such act is solely within Jaca Entertainment's discretion, and is based on what we deem best for the community."

Thanks for reading, please feel free to repost this on any MMO site you can think of. People do not deserve to lose money or waste time playing this game. 

Comments

• 77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492

Honestly I don't think too many people were seeking it out to begin with

strawhat0981
  • NFx190NFx190 Member Posts: 3

It's an extremely small game, however they are on the Game List here. So I just wanted to let people know to stand clear of it all together.

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

Nevar played it. Most small timey MMOs have some sort of corruption bum thing on them or another.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

If you want your message to be seen by players who might actually play that game, then try the forum for that game on this site:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/179/view/forums/forum/713/General-Discussion.html

Posting it in the pub will just have it scrolled off the first page and effectively disappear very quickly.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Considering I can't think of a single reason I would want to play this game I guess you win.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

Never heard of it.  Simply don't care.

• CuathonCuathon Member Posts: 2,211

I used  to play this cause my friend was on staff. It was mediocre. I only  played like a month and only cause it was free.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

I'm GM on a small private server and we have this "We can ban whoever we want" rule too.

Sometimes it's plain neccessary. I remember a case where I banned a guy for botting and posted 20+ screenshots of him not replying and following the 7-11 bot routines as proof.

All the guy answered was: "That isn't any proof but on a sidenote.. my char looks like peppermint ^_^ "

After that  he kept making different forum accounts and kept calling us corrupt.

So to sum it up this rule is neccessary because some people will just keep on denying they broke any rules and think they can get away with this.

Harbinger of Fools
  • AtaakaAtaaka Member UncommonPosts: 213

Thank  you NFx for having the courage to speak about something as sensitive as it might be during your time as a GM at THANG ONLINE.

I know how difficult it is to sit by and watch your peers, friends or co-workers do things that might be conscrued as immoral, illegal or just plain corrupt. I also know how it feels to resign from such environments. Just keep your chin up and move on to the next adventure in life. 

People are entitled to thier own opinions and this often leads to ringing the troll bell. So, I'm just going to bump this and let you see that people may pull the wool of disenchantment over your eyes, but they can never reach your heart...

Stay strong and move on!!!

Ataaka

-because the I.Q. of an idiot is not far from five monkeys banging on a keyboard.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,983
    edited April 2022
    Extraordinary decision to do your post in this thread, don't know what to make of it. Maybe you can't create a thread?
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,983
    bela91 said:
    Yes I can't make new topic. 
    Post a bit more and you can, that thread title ruins your message.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754

Honestly I don't think too many people were seeking it out to begin with

Agree I have never heard of it.....
  • DigDuggyDigDuggy Member RarePosts: 641
    Didn't even know it was a thing. To be honest, an ex employee who only worked there for only 4 months is probably not the person I would rely on. I don't know you, so in this case, quite honestly, I'm under the assumption that you've got an axe to grind. I wouldn't try this anyway, but not based on this.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    When I heard corruption I was thinking devs were tipping off players on NFT stats and rigging games. 

This is about chat in a game with no items or currency of value?
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    bcbully said:
    When I heard corruption I was thinking devs were tipping off players on NFT stats and rigging games. 

This is about chat in a game with no items or currency of value?
    Thread is 10 years old.
    bcbully
  • DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,457
    edited June 2022
    I wont lie, I was hoping for the number 1 reason not to play was because it was called "Thang" Online. And nothing really against the game's design but those character faces are creepy.
    Kyleran
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Sometimes we need fantasy to survive reality 
    https://biturl.top/rU7bY3
    Beyond the shadows there's always light
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    This doesn't even look like a game I would have wanted to play back in 2012 lol.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    But why would anyone want to play this old retread? 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

This discussion has been closed.