Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo Immortal Pre-Launch Info Will Help You Plan Your Trip to Hell, PC Pre-Load Already Open

Comments

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Iselin said:
    Dragnelus said:
    Gonna need VPN for this :( (I'm from the Netherlands)
    Why is that? Loot crates? Is all Battlenet blocked or just this game?
    :(

https://www.pcgamer.com/diablo-immortal-wont-be-released-in-belgium-or-the-netherlands-because-of-loot-boxes

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    Kratier said:
    everyone will complain but im sure everyone in the world will be playing this day 1 to try it out and finally see for themselves
    This game will explode into the charts when it launches and as usual it will see huge numbers leaving after a month or two. That's just down to the IP's name, anything that is sufficiency noticed by the gaming community is gorged upon then spat out as a new treat appears. But fans will keep the game going with good numbers I am sure. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Kratier said:
    everyone will complain but im sure everyone in the world will be playing this day 1 to try it out and finally see for themselves
    Everyone -1, I'd sooner play a Korean grinder than anything made by Blizzard, not for any moral reason, I just don't care much for their games.

;)
    Remali[Deleted User][Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    I've never played any game  with the exception of puzzles at the doctor's office on my phone. I have a very minimal not the latest phone, I use it only for calls and messages. Doubt it can even play the game on it. I will check out the vids on youtube to see if I'm missing anything.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    kitarad said:
    I've never played any game  with the exception of puzzles at the doctor's office on my phone. I have a very minimal not the latest phone, I use it only for calls and messages. Doubt it can even play the game on it. I will check out the vids on youtube to see if I'm missing anything.
    Don't you have a PC?
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• SandmanjwSandmanjw Member RarePosts: 527
    Kyleran said:
    Kratier said:
    Everyone -1, I'd sooner play a Korean grinder than anything made by Blizzard, not for any moral reason, I just don't care much for their games.

;)
    -2, do not own a mobile phone, nor do I care to try it on the PC.  Nothing against their games, have played WOW a lot  over the years, and some StarCraft, and diablo. Just this one never sounded like something I wanted to mess with from the start.

The mobile and other crap like loot boxes and such, just made that choice easier.
    edited May 2022
    Iselin said:
    kitarad said:
    Don't you have a PC?
    Oh you can play on the PC? I'll check it out then.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    kitarad said:
    Iselin said:
    kitarad said:
    Don't you have a PC?
    Oh you can play on the PC? I'll check it out then.

Aye, and the download is 26gb, definitely an upgraded version and not a mobile emulator.
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• TheDalaiBombaTheDalaiBomba Member EpicPosts: 1,493
    Sandmanjw said:
    Kyleran said:
    Kratier said:

;)
    -2, do not own a mobile phone, nor do I care to try it on the PC.  Nothing against their games, have played WOW a lot  over the years, and some StarCraft, and diablo. Just this one never sounded like something I wanted to mess with from the start.

The mobile and other crap like loot boxes and such, just made that choice easier.
    -3, I'm willing to bet it's different but not any better than D3, at best.

It'd take some killer post-launch reviews to get me to take the time to download it.
    [Deleted User]Sandmanjw
    Sandmanjw said:
    Kyleran said:
    Kratier said:

;)
     do not own a mobile phone, 
    Could not view this phrase, my mind won't let me see or process it.

;)

Sovrath[Deleted User]SandmanjwSplattr

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Sandmanjw said:
    Kyleran said:
    Kratier said:

;)

It'd take some killer post-launch reviews to get me to take the time to download it.

Well, with fiber, the download lasted like 10 minutes max... not like it's that big of a deal ;)
    TheDalaiBombaKyleran
    Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

Sandmanjw said:
    Kyleran said:
    Kratier said:

;)

Well, with fiber, the download lasted like 10 minutes max... not like it's that big of a deal ;)
    True, but I have to finish my play through of Outer Worlds and No Man's Sky first, then clear my backlog of Elden Ring, Horizon: ZD, and Tell Me Why (Life is Strange series made me a *huge* Deck Nine fan).  I also noticed Chiv 2 is getting a 3rd faction update soon, so back I go to shake the rust off before that comes out so I can behead some guy, pick it up, and beat his buddy with it.

I swear, it's an amazing time to be a gamer, even if it's not an amazing time to be an MMORPG gamer, specifically.
    [Deleted User]KyleranSplattrkitarad
  • SandmanjwSandmanjw Member RarePosts: 527
    Kyleran said:
    Sandmanjw said:
    Kyleran said:
    Kratier said:

;)

;)

Heh but it is true. However, I think I may get one soon and do away with my ooma setup.

My old phone system is like 15 years old and the phones do not always want to charge up anymore.

Might buy a cheap cell phone and go with a 10 a month prepaid plan instead of replacing my home phones. Plans finally cheap enough that the plan and cheap phone will be cheapest option now.

Yippee, join the modern era.... 
    Iselin
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Sandmanjw said:
    Kyleran said:
    Sandmanjw said:
    Kyleran said:
    Kratier said:

;)

;)

Heh but it is true. However, I think I may get one soon and do away with my ooma setup.

My old phone system is like 15 years old and the phones do not always want to charge up anymore.

Might buy a cheap cell phone and go with a 10 a month prepaid plan instead of replacing my home phones. Plans finally cheap enough that the plan and cheap phone will be cheapest option now.

Welcome to the 21st century!
    Sandmanjw
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    since i am the last man on earth that doesn't own a mobile phone, I suppose I will play it on PC. lol
    Sandmanjw

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

Sandmanjw said:
    Kyleran said:
    Sandmanjw said:
    Kyleran said:
    Kratier said:

;)

;)

I sleep with my Smart Phone, it goes with me everywhere, the shower, the loo, on my morning runs, in the car, I'll probably be buried with it one day.

Right on top of my gaming laptop of course.

;)
    SplattrSandmanjw

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited June 2022
    Edit: Wrong thread.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Post edited by lahnmir on
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

Sandmanjw said:
    Kyleran said:
    Sandmanjw said:
    Kyleran said:
    Kratier said:

;)

;)

My home phone is disconnected from the wall as only marketers call me on that.  Haven't used it for ages.

edited June 2022
    Kyleran said:
    Wait, wut?  Isn't this the same Blizzard that hates freedom for those living in HK, fosters an abusive climate for female employees, heck, all employees judging from their anti-union activities, ruins WOW more with each new release and still retains Satan's nephew Bobby K. as their CEO? 

Yet gamers everywhere are flocking to play their latest.....

Gamers, principles, and character, things which rarely go together, there are $2 hookers with higher standards.

;)

I personally don't care about that bullshit.

What I dislike in the new Blizzard is that they submitted to that "woke" culture, where jokes are no longer allowed and have to be censored. That's why they don't get any money from me anymore.

Doesn't stop me from giving a try to their FREE game.

I'm also still playing Overwatch, which was buy to play and doesn't require any additional purchase to enjoy. I don't log into Diablo III anymore because I explored that game inside out and don't feel like playing more.
    Kyleran
    Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

kitarad said:
    Sandmanjw said:
    Kyleran said:
    Sandmanjw said:
    Kyleran said:
    Kratier said:

;)

;)

My home phone is disconnected from the wall as only marketers call me on that.  Haven't used it for ages.
    You can get great landline phones that block all spam, an essential these days.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Tis indeed a planned trip to hell from what I'm reading about its gear upgrade and rift system.
    Chamber of Chains
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
    cheyane said:
    Tis indeed a planned trip to hell from what I'm reading about its gear upgrade and rift system.
    And facial recognition tracking... required by the Chinese government.   At least on the mobile version.

I just read that on Massively and that honestly scared me off more than the ridiculous monetization.  
    https://massivelyop.com/2022/06/02/diablo-immortal-launches-on-mobile-and-pc-today-with-hellacious-microtransactions/

I naively installed it on my phone last night thinking I'd take a peek in advance of today's PC launch... but screw that!

ScotKyleran

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

cheyane said:
    And facial recognition tracking... required by the Chinese government.   At least on the mobile version.

I just read that on Massively and that honestly scared me off more than the ridiculous monetization.  
    https://massivelyop.com/2022/06/02/diablo-immortal-launches-on-mobile-and-pc-today-with-hellacious-microtransactions/

I naively installed it on my phone last night thinking I'd take a peek in advance of today's PC launch... but screw that!

Do you guys not have faces?
    Slapshot1188[Deleted User]Kyleran
    Game Informer's review pretty much confirms it's D3 with mobile MTX.

Which, if it were me, would be all I really needed to simply ignore it and go back to playing D3 if I still needed my Diablo fix.
    edited June 2022
    @Torval all of that, plus the attitude taken with the countries that have banned loot boxes, plus the company's recent history involving employees still in decision-making positions at the company, plus the possibility of completely unnecessary privacy risks due to being too lazy to differentiate between the Chinese client's needs compared to the rest of the globe....

This is one of those situations where it's obvious the company behind the product doesn't give a damn about what you want beyond how they can twist it to wring you dry.

But I'm sure, if we all just ignore this ONE MORE TIME, devs will surely realize it's a predatory and distasteful scheme and move away from the practice.  Surely!  I mean, it's about as fun as the previous Diablo titles, so it has to be good for the industry, right?
    [Deleted User]Scot