Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost Ark's Roadmap Talks Advanced Class Releases, Communication And More

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
Post edited by StevenWeber on

Comments

• DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,456
    Looks like I'll be playing more regularly in July once arcanist (card class) drops, always wanted to try it out.
  • KataalKataal Member UncommonPosts: 173
    As usual with Korean MMOs that make promises to remove further gender locks on classes after launch: Still no mention of any more removals.
    KyleranDrius75
  • ObligatoryFObligatoryF Member UncommonPosts: 33

Kataal said:

As usual with Korean MMOs that make promises to remove further gender locks on classes after launch: Still no mention of any more removals.

That's because they're not "locks" in this specific game. DFO/DnF works the same exact way, there still isn't a "male" Thief, but they made a new class that is a form of counterpart. Lost Ark's issue was brought up and explained; they literally mentioned this before and gave an explanation.

There is also a preview of the female Warrior floating around. While it takes time, some Korean MMOs have one factor above other MMOs, that "gender" is also different gameplay, and is an incentive for people to try out the opposite gender.
    KyleranSovrath
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    It's like people want a male Laura Croft, which would be Indiana Jones, clearly a different class though both are in the same "Adventurer" base class.

Play what's available or shut up already about it folks...

Drius75Sovrath

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KratierKratier Member RarePosts: 626
    it only took them 3 months to fix the adventure island timer
  • JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674

Kratier said:

Now everyone is going to be confused as we've all adapted :)

I am very concerned with their statement in regards of the botting situation. They clearly have no idea how to fully address it. The botting state has surpassed 50% and probably closer to 60-70% at this point.
  • AsturiosAsturios Member UncommonPosts: 47

Kataal said:

That's because they're not "locks" in this specific game. DFO/DnF works the same exact way, there still isn't a "male" Thief, but they made a new class that is a form of counterpart. Lost Ark's issue was brought up and explained; they literally mentioned this before and gave an explanation.

There is also a preview of the female Warrior floating around. While it takes time, some Korean MMOs have one factor above other MMOs, that "gender" is also different gameplay, and is an incentive for people to try out the opposite gender.

but i want to play a female warrior with a big sword i mean korean females is a possibility they have a sword (if you know what i mean) but thats not the same XD

Kratier said:

I am very concerned with their statement in regards of the botting situation. They clearly have no idea how to fully address it. The botting state has surpassed 50% and probably closer to 60-70% at this point.
    In reviewing the recent class breakdowns across all regions judging from the huge number of Berserkers and Mages vs all other classes I'm wondering if your estimates are a bit low. ;)

I did the new event island last evening and there weren't all that many who showed up both times, but it was very obvious most were actual players and not bots.

Actually was a bit jarring to notice the difference, but in the end the bots still have little negative impact on how I play, but others might take issue for sure.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828

Discussion / Undefined discussion subject.

And here's my undefined comment.

Kyleran

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member RarePosts: 567

Kratier said:

In levelling zones it's probably closer to 90%. I've been levelling up my paladin and I honestly had problems finding any real player in those zones. While trains of dozens of garbled names rubber-banding in a straight line from one quest objective to the next were all around me.

Amazon and Smilegate are sure to know this very well and this is their choice. Amazon will do anything humanly possible to avoid having another player drop similar to the NW. They are one step away from becoming the scarecrow of the gaming industry.

For all their talk about addressing the botting problem, having Lost Ark consistently in Steam's top 10 and being able to brag about 500k - 700k concurrent "players" is at this point much more important to them than actually solving the problem. Which they could do in a second if they wanted to.

Mendel
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    So looking at the official forums, it sounds like they admitted they are dripping out classes for marketing/hype reasons.   That's really messed up.  Especially when the summoner was supposed to launch and now may not release until 2023.

People may have to wait a year just to get the class they want to play, all for marketing.

Mendel
  • JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674

Kratier said:

In levelling zones it's probably closer to 90%. I've been levelling up my paladin and I honestly had problems finding any real player in those zones. While trains of dozens of garbled names rubber-banding in a straight line from one quest objective to the next were all around me.

Amazon and Smilegate are sure to know this very well and this is their choice. Amazon will do anything humanly possible to avoid having another player drop similar to the NW. They are one step away from becoming the scarecrow of the gaming industry.

For all their talk about addressing the botting problem, having Lost Ark consistently in Steam's top 10 and being able to brag about 500k - 700k concurrent "players" is at this point much more important to them than actually solving the problem. Which they could do in a second if they wanted to.

I can understand that it feels like that when you are in the levelling zones and you are probably right in regards of those. Most of the real players are in T3. I base my numbers on the steamcharts curve. There was a patch yesterday and during prime time you have about 200.000 concurrent players. A day or so after, it bounces back up to 600.000-700.000 and stay's +-100.000 circling around 600.000. That would result in about 30-40% real players.

It's a huge problem and it will most likely be the game's doom.
    edited June 2022
    So looking at the official forums, it sounds like they admitted they are dripping out classes for marketing/hype reasons.   That's really messed up.  Especially when the summoner was supposed to launch and now may not release until 2023.

People may have to wait a year just to get the class they want to play, all for marketing.

It's sort of foolish IMO for people to be waiting on a particular class IMO as first, you don't play this game with just one class, you will have at least one or two alts at a minimum, some folks with lots of free time manage a stable of 5, 6 or more above 1340.

Also, at days end the combat just isn't that different between classes. Oh sure, there's some different synergies between skill use, consumables and even other classes, but days end ever class plays much the same, basically getting in the proper position to drop a rotation of big AOEs along with judicious use of an Awakening skill from time to time.

Now sure, if one is planning on running the dungeon content on level throughout the entire time they play including at end game, they might then realize some class specfic variances, but they still are going to be just endlessly running around waiting for the AOE cool down timers to come up so they can hit them all again and again.

But if they really wanted to play on level, they've probably already missed the boat for that, at least until they reach the end game.

Doubtful there isn't already a class which plays similar to one folks are waiting on for the future, so play now I say.