Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review

WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I have to admit that this game is perhaps a tad bit better than i had imagined.What first struck me was the game [wind server]seemed a little empty.Maybe i got used to the ridiculously overcrowded freebie game SRO.I also found out later theat they did do some house cleaning on botters/cheats,this will empty the servers a bit .Pretty sad that cheating is extremely rampant in all these games that are level based.

If you don't mind a boring grindfest wich is rampant in most MMO's then this game can be a little catchy.What it offers is a unique foray of combat gear.You can use summons or magic or drive mechs just like MECH-Warrior.There is the usual foray of shielded melee players and long range type players rangers/mages/launchers.

The idea behind the skills system i found quite good,allowing the player to stray from his usual tactics to allow the use of other weapons/armour,that would be only used by other classes.

The problem it has with PvP is the same problem all the other games are not picking up on.Any player thinking of joining now will be a long time before they could expect anything outa PVP.Say you hit level 30 in a month by playing ridiculous long hours every day,you still need to keep your skills in check with your level.This will set you a very long time frame to catch up.By that time all the other high level players will also be advancing further ahead.Most of the low level players i encountred were only veteran players messing around with new builds.So trying to form a good group of players at your lower levels will be near impossible.This setup will also make for a very long time before you could actually enjoy PVP other than just being fodder/participant in the CW.

On a whole i think the game is alright,but like most other MMO's ,it's not feasable to join in the action unless you play from the first week of inception.I wouldn't find it much fun joining in the CW just to add some buffs.Oh well for those that played from the start i can see they prolly have some fun and the game is alright for them...good luck on your fun.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Comments

• GrimReapezGrimReapez Member Posts: 463

Originally posted by Wizardry

I have to admit that this game is perhaps a tad bit better than i had imagined.What first struck me was the game [wind server]seemed a little empty.Maybe i got used to the ridiculously overcrowded freebie game SRO.I also found out later theat they did do some house cleaning on botters/cheats,this will empty the servers a bit .Pretty sad that cheating is extremely rampant in all these games that are level based.
    If you don't mind a boring grindfest wich is rampant in most MMO's then this game can be a little catchy.What it offers is a unique foray of combat gear.You can use summons or magic or drive mechs just like MECH-Warrior.There is the usual foray of shielded melee players and long range type players rangers/mages/launchers.
    The idea behind the skills system i found quite good,allowing the player to stray from his usual tactics to allow the use of other weapons/armour,that would be only used by other classes.
    The problem it has with PvP is the same problem all the other games are not picking up on.Any player thinking of joining now will be a long time before they could expect anything outa PVP.Say you hit level 30 in a month by playing ridiculous long hours every day,you still need to keep your skills in check with your level.This will set you a very long time frame to catch up.By that time all the other high level players will also be advancing further ahead.Most of the low level players i encountred were only veteran players messing around with new builds.So trying to form a good group of players at your lower levels will be near impossible.This setup will also make for a very long time before you could actually enjoy PVP other than just being fodder/participant in the CW.
    On a whole i think the game is alright,but like most other MMO's ,it's not feasable to join in the action unless you play from the first week of inception.I wouldn't find it much fun joining in the CW just to add some buffs.Oh well for those that played from the start i can see they prolly have some fun and the game is alright for them...good luck on your fun.

My friend got level 30 in 4 days, he didn't play ridiculous hours due to him having a fulltime job.

Spend one month of casual play and you can reach level 35-40.

-
    Do not hate it, but instead embrace the diversity.

• b0rderline99b0rderline99 Member Posts: 1,441
    ok i got to level 25 in one month and by that time 50% of the server was bellato and they had a few had BMAUS and were winning EVERY CW so the abilities were way out of sync plus the grind was extreamly boring there was basically no change to it.  I think this game a has a lot of potential it just needs loads more content
  • GrimReapezGrimReapez Member Posts: 463

Originally posted by b0rderline99
    ok i got to level 25 in one month

Wow.

by that time 50% of the server was bellato and they had a few had BMAUS

1 month is plenty of time to reach 40.

were winning EVERY CW

I'm sure the othe races have won before.

so the abilities were way out of sync

Abilities out of sync? explain please.

plus the grind was extreamly boring there was basically no change to it

That's why it's called grinding, haha.

I think this game a has a lot of potential it just needs loads more content

Giga 4.

-
    Do not hate it, but instead embrace the diversity.