Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Undefined discussion subject.

fineflufffinefluff Member RarePosts: 561
edited May 2022 in Help Desk
Every article posted as a thread by the admins has the title "Undefined discussion subject." If you go to Recent Discussions in the forums, the list is full of "Undefined discussion subject" rather than the title of the article. The first post also does not show anything about the article but only gives a link to it. Something is wrong with the site. 

https://imgur.com/a/YX5d9VB

Comments

• BrainyBrainy Member EpicPosts: 2,038
    edited May 2022
    Yeah same for me.  Seeing same thing, every system post after May 8th seems to have the subject line broken.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    It has happened on and off here for years every now and then, The script bot that auto-generates the thread from an article posted on the front page just goes wonky and needs some adjustment.

It usually gets dealt with in a few hours but not his time for some reason.

I think @Meddle is the one who does it, or at least it used to be.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Whatever or whoever, it needs to stop.  Find the cause and remedy the issue.  I can't quickly determine what topics interest me.  More than half of the discussion displayed were this 'Undefined' mess.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Says a lot about this site and none of it good. They just don't care.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• harken33harken33 Member UncommonPosts: 153
    Iselin said:
    It has happened on and off here for years every now and then, The script bot that auto-generates the thread from an article posted on the front page just goes wonky and needs some adjustment.

It usually gets dealt with in a few hours but not his time for some reason.

I think @Meddle is the one who does it, or at least it used to be.

I know the backend folks have been working on this for over a week.

If you guys keep any archive of helpdesk tickets and the specific fixes for them this *Undefined discussion subject* occurred in November 2015 as well. Maybe that would help accelerate the potential fix.

Good luck :)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    I suspect the people who resolved the problem previously are no longer available.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Kyleran said:
    I suspect the people who resolved the problem previously are no longer available.
    Yeah I'm sure it's super hard to edit the title of a forum post. They just don't care. It's pathetic.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/