Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is EVE for me?

RobzigRobzig Member Posts: 19

I have about 2-3 hours maximum that I could actually play per day. Two days a week I can play for 4+ hours on those days.

Given the time available to me, is EVE a game that would still be fun to play?

Can I be productive in that amount of time for my character, or my corporation for that matter?

Would it still be a fun game considering such limited time?

Comments

• PegasusJFPegasusJF Member Posts: 268

I would say yes.

In 2-3 hours, you can do this:

Run Several agent missions (1 lvl 4, a couple lvl 3 etc)

Mine quite a bit of ore.

Travel almost anywhere in the universe. Travel times is a common complaint, since some ships take awhile to travel from A to B (unless you make and use insta BMs). It's hard to offer a remedy to that.

Do some PVP runs

Rat hunt

Setup research and factory jobs

and a bunch of other things

And since the skills train in real time you will improve your skills regardless of how often and how long you are online.

So yes, you can get quite a bit of enjoyment playing 2-3 hours in EVE

My only advice to you is you try to find a corp ASAP. Check the recruitment forums on the eve-online site.

Hope you enjoy the game. Feel free to convo me "Creed Richards" if you want any assistance.

God bless

PegasusJF

• bkonbkon Member Posts: 17

Originally posted by Robzig

I have about 2-3 hours maximum that I could actually play per day. Two days a week I can play for 4+ hours on those days.
    Given the time available to me, is EVE a game that would still be fun to play?
    Can I be productive in that amount of time for my character, or my corporation for that matter?
    Would it still be a fun game considering such limited time?

Yes. Basically, I rarely play more than 2 hours in a row, and still able to have fun. Previous poster did a good description of available activites; I would like to underline that skills are trained offline, so you don't need to play continuously to reach "new level".
  • SobaManSobaMan Member Posts: 384

I'm in the same boat as you, mate.  I work full time and I go to school part time (well, I did before the semester ended).  I was/am still concidered very valuable on the battlefield.  When I'm not in a war, I can usually do 1 hard level 3 mission (which you'll begin to understand once you start playing) or several easy level 3 missions.  Also, mining for 2 to 3 hours will get you quite a bit of money depending on the ore you're mining (Veldspar will not get you as rich as Omber, Omber won't get you as rich as Bistot, etc.  You'll learn the ores/minerals when you start playing as well).

All in all, Eve is very casual friendly... which is why it has become my game of choice.  Of course you'll benefit more if you can stay on longer than 2 to 3 hours a day, but you don't have to.  You'll still become quite the pilot as long as you have dedication in spite of the amount of time you can play.

I would say give it a try.  If you like it, welcome... if not, at least ya tried it.  But, Eve is a very casual friendly game.

We can agree to disagree, or we can bicker constantly... either way, I'm right.
    SobaKai.com
    There are two types of people in this world - people that suck... and me.
  • mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

The time you presented that's availble to play EVE is more then enough.  It's actually about the same time I put into the game although I have lately playing only about 4-6 hours per week.

The most important question isn't time related, it's content and game play you desire.

Are you aware that EVE Online plays as a tactical empire builder within a completly dynamic enconomy that's player created?  Do you know that there's little if any "instant" action in EVE Online and that most activities are worked towards then established? 

The primary reason to "play" is to acquire assets.  It is the backbone of EVE along side with PvP.  The PvP system in EVE is one of the best and the extremely harsh losses from failure actually support the life of the community and the economy.  I don't think anyone could have done it better then CCP in this regards.

To increase your rates of "instant action" in EVE I would, and would not, do this:

Do establish a healthy system as a home base and make sure there's good access to plenty of asteroid belts (not for minning) with at least one space station with and at least one agent you can use.

Do not mine.  Do not trade until you know the game well enough.  Do not make jump destinations greater then 6 jumps in one direction unless you know specifically why you must do so since you shouldn't have to unless moving your base of operations.

On a side note, little numbers mean VERY big things in EVE Online.  Don't be fooled to think that a +3% bonus is irrelevant.