Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard Reveals Warcraft: Arclight Rumble, the Strategic First-Ever Warcraft Mobile Title | MMORPG

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageBlizzard Reveals Warcraft: Arclight Rumble, the Strategic First-Ever Warcraft Mobile Title | MMORPG.com

Blizzard announces Warcraft: Arclight Rumble, a strategic, 'tower offense' mobile title with Warcraft flavor, rich PvE, co-op, and PvP content.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ShutaraShutara Member UncommonPosts: 140
    Clash of Clans is looking great in 2022.
    Truvidiennlordsmok
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    I can't believe I'm saying this.... but I think I'll stick with Diablo Immortal.
    WhiteLanternDattelisMensurTruvidiennValdheim
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311
    Well, kudos for using Ballroom Blitz for the trailer.
    Not sure what I watched though.
    Mensur

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• F0urTw3ntyF0urTw3nty Member UncommonPosts: 27
    This is Blizzard now. Phone games, Warcraft 3 reforged, Overwatch "2", and re-releasing an 18 year old MMO.

If I went back in time to my childhood and told myself how Blizzard would be in 2022 I don't think I'd believe myself.
    KyleranTheDalaiBombaMcSleaz[Deleted User]ValdheimnumanpDelondial
  • DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,458
    Definitely not for me, but hopefully whoever plays it has fun.
    lordsmok
  • BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member RarePosts: 567
    Where did that facepalm button go?
    McSleaz[Deleted User]lordsmok
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    "Blizzard announces Warcraft: Arclight Rumble, a strategic, 'tower offense' mobile title with Warcraft flavor, rich PvE, co-op, and PvP content."

Is it me or does this sound like they are trying to please every gamer? (which means they will please none)
  • slowz2secretslowz2secret Member RarePosts: 407
    Looks cool, it has campaign mode too, i'll play it^^
  • WordsworthWordsworth Member UncommonPosts: 166
    I think it looks dumb, but I reacted the same way when I heard about Hearthstone and people loved that.
    McSleaz[Deleted User]
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

This is Blizzard now. Phone games, Warcraft 3 reforged, Overwatch "2", and re-releasing an 18 year old MMO.

If I went back in time to my childhood and told myself how Blizzard would be in 2022 I don't think I'd believe myself.

Enjoying D2R though, as are all my boomer friends.
    Valdheim
  • user298user298 Member UncommonPosts: 152

Shutara said:

Clash of Clans is looking great in 2022.

More like Clash Royale
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    is it free? and if so then i wonder how expensive it will be.
    SovrathMcSleaz
  • DigDuggyDigDuggy Member RarePosts: 641
    Blizzard really needs to step away from the WoW universe.  I've got to believe that they have the talent both creatively and technically to come up with something fresh and exciting.  They just gotta.
    DhampirOldKingLog
  • jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    I like tower defense games, but I have no idea what I just watched. I cant even tell what you are supposed to do exactly. IMO was a really terrible trailer. I might check it out, but the trailer certainly didnt do it justice
    WhiteLantern
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    they should just buy Raid: Shadow Legends
  • eoloeeoloe Member RarePosts: 864
    I'll stay open minded and will give it a shot.
  • user298user298 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    edited May 2022
    Qbertq said:
    Blizzard really needs to step away from the WoW universe.  I've got to believe that they have the talent both creatively and technically to come up with something fresh and exciting.  They just gotta.
    Now why would they step away from that if the "cow" still have some "milk" to squeeze out? You have plenty of boomers who used to play WoW, many of whom don't usually play mobile games and don't know the existing mobile games (like Clash Royale and dozens of similar ones) that Blizzard copied their design from, but who would gladly "give it a try" just "because it's Warcraft" (even if the gameplay is nothing new). I'd say Blizz can easily get $200-300 million out of people like these with this mobile game alone  ;)

• OldKingLogOldKingLog Member RarePosts: 564
    Qbertq said:

Sadly I don't. It seems that all of the best brains behind their best game ideas have long ago left the company.
    [Deleted User]
  • KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

I think this is a sad realisation for me. Jees, they really have not done as good as they could have.
  • KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

Qbertq said:

It's a massive universe packed full of lore! They could expand on the universe sooo much if they tried.
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    What on earth is this mess?

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Clash of Clans X Boom Beach with a Warcraft theme.

Nothing to see here. Move along.
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Still better than WoD.
    IceAge
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • VidahrVidahr Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Ugh.
  • NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,141
    This was Blizzard's destiny the moment the internet heard the statement: "Do you all not have phones??"

It's no wonder really that they've had such a troubled history with keeping game developers; but looking back, i think it's fair to say now that this was never ever the great game studio that they lead the world into believing at one point.

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013