Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New swg server with the best of pre cu and nge restoration 3 coming soon.

I didn't see any posts on here about it so I thought I would share, since this server coming out really makes me excited. It will launch may 28. It  has all the good stuff from pre cu like crafting matters vs it's meaningless in nge, has jtl, has decay, has all the skill boxes of pre cu, though they are different, and most importantly jedi are behind a secret unlock that's really hard to do, and they go ghost if they die with losing their light saber. It also has the content of nge though, best of both worlds if you ask me, can't wait my self 😁
[Deleted User]eoloeTokken

Comments

• NeanderthalNeanderthal Member RarePosts: 1,861
    edited June 2021
    I've been trying to get in but so far every time I click "launch" it does nothing.

Edit:  I followed advice in a forum post on their site and fixed the problem.
    Post edited by Neanderthal on
  • HJ-NavarreHJ-Navarre Hero's Journey GMMember UncommonPosts: 104
    This SWGR3 server is so much fun. Highly populated, single server.  The best of SWG content, imho.  Definitely recommended. No, you don't need to own a copy of SWG. THIS is what you should be playing in 2021. Cheers.
    https://restoration-gaming.com/
    lonesol
  • TheodwulfTheodwulf Member UncommonPosts: 311
     Having  fun with this, population is light. JTL functions. no disc required just check out the site.

Home | SWG Restoration III
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    how do I get into a SWG private server? I want to try the game
    Champie

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    edited January 2022
    how do I get into a SWG private server? I want to try the game
    They're not exactly private servers, but EMU's and all you'd need to do is go to the emu of your choice's homepage and follow the directions on that page.

The main one's I know are:
    - SWG Emu - pre-CU.  The original ground game is there, but I don't think they're going to expand on it.

- SWG Legends - NGE, very active and the site's dev's have added a bunch of content from art to a whole new expansion to the game.  Has the space game and all the original expansions.

- SWG Restoration - which is billed as the best of both the old version and NGE with the link up in Theodwulf's post.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    I am giving the game a try but up to now it hasn't engaged much of my interest.  Combat is glacially slow but maybe (hopefully!) it improves.  It's very off-putting as it stands though.
    Dibdabs said:
    I am giving the game a try but up to now it hasn't engaged much of my interest.  Combat is glacially slow but maybe (hopefully!) it improves.  It's very off-putting as it stands though.
    Are you talking about the Restoration emu?  If so I agree. 

I can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong not being able to fire my weapon from my mouse or if it was actually like that way back and I've just forgotten that part.

Only being able to fire from the hotbar button with it's cool down (and yes I did link it to my mouse key, but you still wait for the cool down) is slow.  Could have sworn you could shoot base shots in between the cool downs back during live.

Of the 2 I think I'll be sticking to Legends as it's more fast paced and you can shoot between the cool downs so you're not just standing there letting someone beat on you.
    Dibdabs

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Nebless said:
    Dibdabs said:
    Are you talking about the Restoration emu?  If so I agree. 

I can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong not being able to fire my weapon from my mouse or if it was actually like that way back and I've just forgotten that part.

Only being able to fire from the hotbar button with it's cool down (and yes I did link it to my mouse key, but you still wait for the cool down) is slow.  Could have sworn you could shoot base shots in between the cool downs back during live.

Of the 2 I think I'll be sticking to Legends as it's more fast paced and you can shoot between the cool downs so you're not just standing there letting someone beat on you.

I watched a couple of vids on the Resto 3 server and it looks really dated....It reminded me of combat from 2002.....
    Dibdabs
    I watched a couple of vids on the Resto 3 server and it looks really dated....It reminded me of combat from 2002.....
    It's strange that 2 games based off the same game and engine can play (combat) so differently.

SWG: Legends plays like a modern shooter (1 mouse click = 1 shot) with extra abilities to fire from the hotbar and Restorations 3 seems to have removed the 1 click = 1 shot part and just has the hotbar abilities.

I liked the fact that R3 has the old professions boxes (although the grind to fill them up memory has come back.  :smiley:  )   Also it's nice not seeing all the AFKer's like you do in Legends, but game play-wise.  Legends is the way to go, especially if you want space combat.
    [Deleted User]Dibdabs

Oh, thanks for the head's up.  I shall check out SWG:Legends asap.  :)
    I managed to get a used copy of Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Online Adventures really cheap so I'm keeping my hopes up it will get me onto the Legends server.  :)
  • AikesAikes Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    Has anyone created a pre-patch 9 SWG server yet by some strange blessing of Jabba? 
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    Aikes said:
    Has anyone created a pre-patch 9 SWG server yet by some strange blessing of Jabba? 

Not that I'm aware of. Depends on what features you are looking for perhaps, like Jedi holcron grind, perma-death ect. Some of the rule sets may be similar on a few smaller servers.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• AikesAikes Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    Tiller said:
    Aikes said:

Not that I'm aware of. Depends on what features you are looking for perhaps, like Jedi holcron grind, perma-death ect. Some of the rule sets may be similar on a few smaller servers.
    Pre-patch 9. When Jedi were truly alpha, perma-death was a thing, and I would love to see it even earlier when Jedi could wear armor.  ^_^ 

I haven't looked at any of the emulators in at least five years so I have no idea what is out there now. Where should I start to find out more?
    Aikes said:
    Aikes said:
    Pre-patch 9. When Jedi were truly alpha, perma-death was a thing, and I would love to see it even earlier when Jedi could wear armor.  

I haven't looked at any of the emulators in at least five years so I have no idea what is out there now. Where should I start to find out more?
    Probably SWGEMU as it's the pre-CU / Original game emu.   It might be what you're looking for.

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    Aikes said:
    Tiller said:
    Aikes said:

Pre-patch 9. When Jedi were truly alpha, perma-death was a thing, and I would love to see it even earlier when Jedi could wear armor.  ^_^ 

I don't think you will likely find what you are looking for.

I think SWGEmu has the earliest version of the game available for play, but they're a bit further on. The Jedi Village is in place, so no holocron grind, and whilst Jedi are still very powerful, they aren't as alpha or suffer from permadeath.

One of the problems you're gonna have looking for such an old version is Jump To Lightspeed. That expantion was just too popular to be ignored, so most emulated servers have chosen a point in time that includes JTL.

True, SWGEmu doesn't yet have the JTL content, but its supposedly on its way.

Not to mention, true alpha-class Jedi eventually ruined things. There was a sweet spot for a few months where there were only a few jedi on each server, so having them be an alpha class both made sense and was very exciting. But 3-6 months later, when there were dozens to hundreds of jedi per server, it just killed so much of the balance of the game.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    The best time was when they gave new characters these cool astromech droids that dropped random tips and tricks and constantly got in the way or popped out when you died while running from a diseased womp rat.

You could tell where a noobie had been because the only thing visible in the distance was this little green astromech seemingly paying tribute to a corpse or nothing, wandering in circles aimlessly after doing nothing to mitigate your demise but babbling random droid bullshit. About the best thing it did was give out a swoop rental after so many hours of gameplay.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter