Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't see that in wow...

RabbitgodRabbitgod Member Posts: 58

ASCN is well over 3000 members now and meny others are getting over the 1000 and 2000 member humps. Only in eve do you see as meny people in one guild, corp, allince, whatever as their are total number of players on a single server in other MMOs.

Eve alliences are bigger than WoW servers.

Comments

• mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

Don't you dare try to start recruiting WoW players for EVE !! 

Hmm...appears my alliance has dropped a little lower on the list.  Heck, dropped quite a bit actually! 

• CelastinCelastin Member Posts: 68

Originally posted by Rabbitgod

ASCN is well over 3000 members now and meny others are getting over the 1000 and 2000 member humps. Only in eve do you see as meny people in one guild, corp, allince, whatever as their are total number of players on a single server in other MMOs.

Eve alliences are bigger than WoW servers.

i played eve for a while it was fun and i forgot what i got to was only playing for 2 months the only one draw back to this game i hated was the training new skills took way to long for lvl 5 and even longer for past them for battleship and other tier higher things

i loved Eve and i would play if i could get my friends to but all my friends are still hooked on WoW and i wish SWG did not go down the shitter casue that was a realy fun game pre publish 7

• DarkentwoDarkentwo Member Posts: 160
    Thats nothing really. Back in 2004, XETIC had well over 5000 memebrs and a lot of the other alliances, had well over 3000, if I remember correctly. But then again, in 2004, there were only like 6-8 alliances in total.
  • JhughesyJhughesy Member Posts: 419
    Is there any other MMORPG that even comes close to Eve in numbers of people on one instance?
  • CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

ASCN also exploit their numbers by locking down systems via lag.

They're one of the most productive alliances in the game for sure. They've put up at least a dozen outposts and have a huge industry. I can see why people join them. They'll be THE superpower if they can hold their space until kali. I think BoB is going to try and weaken them before then but after kali BoB will be in the Northeast in the new regions and if ASCN can hold out til then watch out!

• Aetius73Aetius73 Member Posts: 1,257

Originally posted by Celastin

i loved Eve and i would play if i could get my friends to but all my friends are still hooked on WoW and i wish SWG did not go down the shitter casue that was a realy fun game pre publish 7

I have the exact same problem not wanting to grow Elf ears and swing a sword once more (1996-2003 was enough of that crap) I just ignored them and stuck with EVE. I was lucky enough that one of my ex-swg buddies had been playing for awhile and introduced me to his corp. Great bunch and I don't regret for a moment leaving my swg buddies to avoid WOW. Afterall its existence was what caused Smed to destroy SWG in his shameless pursuit to make it into WOW in space.

Originally posted by Aetius73

Originally posted by Celastin

I have the exact same problem not wanting to grow Elf ears and swing a sword once more (1996-2003 was enough of that crap) I just ignored them and stuck with EVE. I was lucky enough that one of my ex-swg buddies had been playing for awhile and introduced me to his corp. Great bunch and I don't regret for a moment leaving my swg buddies to avoid WOW.

Afterall its existence was what caused Smed to destroy SWG in his shameless pursuit to make it into WOW in space.

You must know that the "NGE" for Star Wars Galaxies was dictated by Lucas Arts.  LA is the producer of SWG and directs most game development which SOE will be working on.  The NGE was a vision of George Lucas who thought SWG should be more "intense!" and "faster!" 

It's SOE's fault for the bugged and massively incomplete game platform.  Smedly is the one to blame for poor effeciency with SOE's development process, not the actions dictated by Lucas Arts. 

The attempts to establish a generic "WoW" type of game play through SWG which would allow them to "borrow WoW subscribers" sure in hell didn't pay off.  They know this now.  The problem is they told over two hundred thousand devoted Star Wars fans to go fuck them selves and like it or leave it.

SOE is contracted to develop and manage SWG for LA.  LA manages all development direction for SWG.

You can paint a turd gold but it's still a turd.

Either way who ever came up with that brilliant marketing plan should be flipping burgers instead of working in marketing.

Either way who ever came up with that brilliant marketing plan should be flipping burgers instead of working in marketing.

The census says: George Lucas

He did not like SWG and demanded that something be done!!

Originally posted by mindspat

The census says: George Lucas

He did not like SWG and demanded that something be done!!

Figures he hasn't had a good idea since the Indiana Jones Trilogy. He should have stuck to movies and left the MMO to the professionals such as they are with SOE (some of their other games are much better run affairs).
  • porgieporgie Member Posts: 1,516
    2000 people in one guild?

Are those counting people who haven't been on in over a month?

I'm not sure I would enjoy having that many people in one guild.  That's too many people to feel like a tight knit family group.  Not to mention having to read that much guild chat scrolling by.

-----------------------
    </OBAMA>

• Nu11u5Nu11u5 Member Posts: 597

Originally posted by porgie
    2000 people in one guild?Are those counting people who haven't been on in over a month?I'm not sure I would enjoy having that many people in one guild. That's too many people to feel like a tight knit family group. Not to mention having to read that much guild chat scrolling by.

Those are Alliances, which are basically nations of guilds (Corporations in EVE). Each Corp usually has around 50-100 people on average, and maintains their own members. Being in an Alliance creates an extra layer of politics that unites the Corps under it.

//insert sig here
  • MaldachMaldach Member Posts: 399
    Yeah, but can they stand up to BoB now? They are within a jump of each other now.
  • OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894

Originally posted by Jhughesy
    Is there any other MMORPG that even comes close to Eve in numbers of people on one instance?

Yes, actually. Guild Wars' number of consecutive players beats EvE's numbers.

In November 2004 Guild Wars had more than 400,000 players playing in a single world at the same time.

EvE's record is less than 26,000 players playing in a single world at the same time.

Both Guild Wars and EvE are able to achieve these high numbers because both use zones to separate the players and reduce server load. Either game would crash if either game ever had that many players in a single zone.
  • ssstupidossstupido Member Posts: 253

Originally posted by OldManFunk

MMORPG was the keyword

Guild Wars? yeah

• SobaManSobaMan Member Posts: 384

Originally posted by ssstupido

MMORPG was the keyword

Guild Wars? yeah

That, and everything in Guild War is instanced except for the towns.

We can agree to disagree, or we can bicker constantly... either way, I'm right.
    SobaKai.com
    There are two types of people in this world - people that suck... and me.
  • CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

Originally posted by JhughesyIs there any other MMORPG that even comes close to Eve in numbers of people on one instance?
    Yes, actually. Guild Wars' number of consecutive players beats EvE's numbers.In November 2004 Guild Wars had more than 400,000 players playing in a single world at the same time.EvE's record is less than 26,000 players playing in a single world at the same time.Both Guild Wars and EvE are able to achieve these high numbers because both use zones to separate the players and reduce server load. Either game would crash if either game ever had that many players in a single zone.

Could you link your source? I'd like to read it. I think its a crock but then Guildwars isn't an MMORPG either.

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353

Originally posted by SobaMan

Originally posted by ssstupido

MMORPG was the keyword

Guild Wars? yeah

That, and everything in Guild War is instanced except for the towns.

Actually even the towns are instanced, that's why you get 20+ districts of every town area, but still there is no persistence in GW so it's really not an MMO.