Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Man's Sky's Sentinel Update Brings Combat Overhaul, AMD FSR And Buildable AI Mech | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2022 in Videos Discussion

imageNo Man's Sky's Sentinel Update Brings Combat Overhaul, AMD FSR And Buildable AI Mech | MMORPG.com

No Man's Sky is like the gift that keeps on giving. The latest update, titled Sentinel, brings a heavy combat focus to No Man's Sky, including an overhaul to the system, new animations and weapons, and the ability to finally create your own AI Mech buddy to travel around with.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MalathoosMalathoos Member UncommonPosts: 199
    This looks really good
    [Deleted User]foppoteeScorchien

• foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    *fangirling intensifies*
    Scot
  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508
    Dang this game keeps improving & getting better.
    kitarad
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,991
    Would it be fair to say though that the amount of new content released over the last year is not as much as in previous years?
  • anothernameanothername Member UncommonPosts: 200
    *skims the update notes* Still no feminine body types to choose *sigh*

Otherwise impressive as usual. Looking forward to the next one.
  • JasonosJasonos Member UncommonPosts: 36
    edited February 2022
    If they only could fix/improve player walking/running animation.
    I hate that player actualy fly/slide not actually walk/run
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    edited February 2022
    Lots of content in the past 6 years. Have to give it to them they have more than redeemed themselves in my book.
    ScorchienMendelfoppotee

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981
    Scot said:
    Would it be fair to say though that the amount of new content released over the last year is not as much as in previous years?
    Best breakdown I can find by date (admittedly, not the most exhaustive searching though) is https://nomanssky.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_notes.

With companions, expeditions, and this combat overhaul; It doesn't seem like it's been a slow year at least. Prisms seemed to mostly be visual improvements an improvements to other systems (like letting you have more companions and such), so maybe that makes it seem like less content.

Just my subjective thoughts on it though.
    Scoteoloe

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• bobbersocksbobbersocks Member UncommonPosts: 2

Scot said:

No...it would not be fair. They keep releasing banger updates one after the next. They just did a complete building overhaul adding the ability to manage your own settlement in the last major patch which was less than a year ago...and that's only what I can think of off hand as someone who plays every few months or so. The devs really care about this game and how it will grow.
    foppoteekitarad[Deleted User]
  • dreadlordnafdreadlordnaf Member UncommonPosts: 88
    Ah No Man's Sky... Still a quadrillion miles wide and an inch deep. Reviews coming in on this update confirm what anyone who has played this game already knows: that it adds nothing really in terms of making it a real game with a fun meaningful gameplay loop. You get to have more stuff, upon more stuff, all for for no purpose. What is the point of having a sentinel fight with you or cooler weapons? There is no one to fight with them and no purpose to engage the sentinels, or anything really, except to get a steam achievement..
    eoloeKyleransomeforumguy
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    This is a pretty good game in VR, even if it is a tiny bit clunky. I tried playing on a regular monitor and it just wasn't the same.
    [Deleted User]Mendel
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    This is a pretty good game in VR, even if it is a tiny bit clunky. I tried playing on a regular monitor and it just wasn't the same.

I'm convinced that a good portion of the VR code is used to render the non-VR imagery.  A lot of the edges seem to be drawn twice, once with blue, and once with red.  I *do* have a lot of issues with my vision, so I'm only 'convinced', not 'totally convinced'.

Even with the visual wackiness, NMS is a good game.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754

Actually when they moved the game over to VR accessability, it broke the game for me....I could no longer get past the initial loading screen once they implemented VR.