Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stealth systems

AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,797
I always like stealthy game play. But how that functions is pretty important. 

You want it so that it's possible, yet with risk. It's no fun to have no risk at all, but you also don't want it to fail a lot, especially if your character is highly skilled at it. 

I'm not familiar with other games on how it functions, in detail. 
But in UO, they had it so that you would only have a chance to be discovered in 2 way. 
1, If the opponent got close enough to hit on a roll and see you. 
2, If you moved closer to the opponent, giving them a "roll" against your skill. 
So, with that, if you saw an opponent moving closer to you, you could stealth away at good odds of success. This meant losing ground on where you wanted to go, but added to the game play of "stealthing." 

Next, if you are discovered, you want options. Obviously, some fast combat skills to rid yourself of that particular opponent, but also/otherwise ways to get back into stealth mode while an opponent is viewing you. That puff of smoke trick in WoW was a good one (I'm not very familiar) if it works like a stealth roll with bonuses. In other words, not automatic success. 
Another is to "blind" the opponent by some means. Or confuse them via magic or poison, or even maybe a hit to the noggin. 

I'm wondering what you've seen that worked well, or if anyone has any ideas to enhance the game play of stealthing around in a dangerous world. 

Once upon a time....

[Deleted User]AlBQuirky

Comments

• TheDalaiBombaTheDalaiBomba Member EpicPosts: 1,493
    edited March 2022
    One if the most entertaining stealth experiences I've ever had was actually playing as a Spy in TF2.

You had a short duration cloak, but you only used that to find a good spot to "disguise" yourself in the game by swapping your Spy character model for a model identical to a member of the enemy team.

The skill in it was finding logical and intuitive-feeling ways to blend in with your team and get them to let their guard down around you.  Then you could sneak around and sap the enemy team's gadgets or perform some good ole fashioned assassinating using the OHK backstabbing mechanic.

The most skilled spies left enemy teams utterly confused and without teleporters or turrets.

I do not know how that would translate into an MMORPG.  It would most likely be a mess.  But the idea- blending in instead of simply becoming invisible- would be an incredibly fresh take on stealth for the genre.
    AmaranthareoloeAlBQuirky
  • AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,797
    One if the most entertaining stealth experiences I've ever had was actually playing as a Spy in TF2.

You had a short duration cloak, but you only used that to find a good spot to "disguise" yourself in the game by swapping your Spy character model for a model identical to a member of the enemy team.

The skill in it was finding logical and intuitive-feeling ways to blend in with your team and get them to let their guard down around you.  Then you could sneak around and sap the enemy team's gadgets or perform some good ole fashioned assassinating using the OHK backstabbing mechanic.

The most skilled spies left enemy teams utterly confused and without teleporters or turrets.

I do not know how that would translate into an MMORPG.  It would most likely be a mess.  But the idea- blending in instead of simply becoming invisible- would be an incredibly fresh take on stealth for the genre.
    Oh yeah. Good point. 
    I had the idea of disguises similar to this for MMORPGs that had thieves, murderers, etc.

As a Skill, Disguise would take up some of the room of Skills, so it had a balancing aspect to it, too. 

The Disguise Skill would be needed as the lower skilled character will get caught from time to time, and in a deep game, not only Players but also NPCs would start to know Characters of ill repute. 

Disguise would start out as a very general ability to change hair color, add hair length, use fake beards, add weight, etc., per the game involved. The Player could change what they wear (gear, etc.) naturally, no skill there. 
    Moving up in skill, the Player gains the ability to add specific disguises that can become known as a specific name and re-used. Even the name over their head takes on that name while disguised. At near highest skill, they can impersonate a specific NPC, and eventually, at highest skill, they can take on a disguise of another Player's Character. 

The perception Skill.
    This requires, for balance and risk, that there is also a Perception ability, and a Skill to boost natural perception. NPC Royal Guards and the like should have this boosted skill too, I think. 

I've always wanted Perception to play a role in discovering secret doors and traps and oddments. Not the only way to do so, but an enhanced way. 

Such things as magical Polymorphing and items can play a role here too. Especially to impersonate another race that's obviously different in size and weight.  
    AlBQuirkyTheDalaiBomba

Once upon a time....

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    My preference is for "natural" stealth systems:

• Hiding in the dark
    • Staying out of line of sight
    • Keeping quiet
    • Disguises and distractions

However, I've not really seen natural systems done very well. One of the biggest issues is that NPCs have perfect eyesight e.g. they can see through trees and bushes, see in the dark etc.

So, in lieu of natural stealth systems, im happy with whatever gamified stuff we get given. At that point, I don't really view it as being stealthy, its just a puzzle to solve. How do I get from A to B without setting off an alarm? What tools have I been given to solve this puzzle?

This is how I viewed stealth in something like Deus Ex. I enjoyed solving the different puzzles each new place offered. Could I hack every terminal, take down every guard, loot all the cool stuff without being seen?

My least favourite type of stealth mechanics is anything that involves an excessive amount of time just sitting and observing. Trying to learn patrol patterns, then having to wait 5 minutes for just the right time to make your move.
    AmarantharTheDalaiBomba
    edited March 2022

• Hiding in the dark
    • Keeping quiet

However, I've not really seen natural systems done very well. One of the biggest issues is that NPCs have perfect eyesight e.g. they can see through trees and bushes, see in the dark etc.

So, in lieu of natural stealth systems, im happy with whatever gamified stuff we get given. At that point, I don't really view it as being stealthy, its just a puzzle to solve. How do I get from A to B without setting off an alarm? What tools have I been given to solve this puzzle?

This is how I viewed stealth in something like Deus Ex. I enjoyed solving the different puzzles each new place offered. Could I hack every terminal, take down every guard, loot all the cool stuff without being seen?

My least favourite type of stealth mechanics is anything that involves an excessive amount of time just sitting and observing. Trying to learn patrol patterns, then having to wait 5 minutes for just the right time to make your move.
    "One of the biggest issues is that NPCs have perfect eyesight e.g. they can see through trees and bushes, see in the dark etc."

Well, the stealth skill takes care of most of that, doesn't it? 
    Range is a big factor in stealth, I think most games use this. 
    I don't know about NPCs seeing in the dark, but it should be affected by range too. Unless they have infrared vision and not in lighted spaces. 
    Remember that with a "natural Perception" ability, including for NPCs, some of that can be made a bit more realistic, too. As in, not noticing a Player in the dark. 

"So, in lieu of natural stealth systems, im happy with whatever gamified stuff we get given. At that point, I don't really view it as being stealthy, its just a puzzle to solve. How do I get from A to B without setting off an alarm? What tools have I been given to solve this puzzle?"

I actually love the puzzle aspect. It's very rewarding to accomplish. 

I'm not sure that excessive time is good, but time invested, yes. 
    Except for a place that's supposed to be especially tough. 
    Wouldn't it be great if there were times where other players are actually very impressed that someone did something? That's pretty rare in gaming. Outside of making a run in record time. 
    AlBQuirky

Once upon a time....

Just adding here, too, that if NPCs have a natural perception ability just like Players do (coded, not actual), then that can be used in an AI system. 

Probably no one remembers my AI system, but here's an example that fits this. 

5 Players look into a dungeon room, they are in a dark hallway and so far unseen by the 5 tough MOBs in there. 
    They send in one Player to distract the MOBs. They only send 1 or 2 MOBs after the Player. The rest of the group ambushes those (1 or 2) to gain an advantage on the MOBs. 

AlBQuirky

Once upon a time....

edited March 2022
    And just another note of frustration here. 
    14 damn view on this thread after 8 hours. 
    Grrr

I'm gonna destroy Earth for this! 
    AlBQuirky

Once upon a time....

• eoloeeoloe Member RarePosts: 864

Al Bundy time:

I was playing medic (conc-jumping everywhere) and spy on TF....1 !!!
    I was very good at it, and was ranked about 300th worldwide. Now I am older and my son kills me shamelessly on all FPSs. This young brat has really no respect for my past glory.

As for the main topic, I really think that pitting stealth versus perception is indeed the best thing. I am also against the:

"I am in stealth mode just in front of your nose and you do not see me anyway!"

That is magic not stealth. Stealth should not work in direct line of sight unless other factors are involved (e.g. strong darkness, distractions, smoke, camouflage, whatever).

Also, I really think that movement combined with stealth should require very strong specialization and dedication to work (high level).

It is one thing to be a hunter, it is another one to be a ninja.

In other words, most of stealth users should remain still to be effective.
    AmarantharAlBQuirky[Deleted User]
    eoloe said:

Al Bundy time:

I was playing medic (conc-jumping everywhere) and spy on TF....1 !!!
    I was very good at it, and was ranked about 300th worldwide. Now I am older and my son kills me shamelessly on all FPSs. This young brat has really no respect for my past glory.

As for the main topic, I really think that pitting stealth versus perception is indeed the best thing. I am also against the:

"I am in stealth mode just in front of your nose and you do not see me anyway!"

That is magic not stealth. Stealth should not work in direct line of sight unless other factors are involved (e.g. strong darkness, distractions, smoke, camouflage, whatever).

Also, I really think that movement combined with stealth should require very strong specialization and dedication to work (high level).

It is one thing to be a hunter, it is another one to be a ninja.

In other words, most of stealth users should remain still to be effective.
    "In other words, most of stealth users should remain still to be effective."
    In line of sight, as I'm sure you mean (and most games have, I believe). Stealth is a specialized game, or should be. It really deserves better than most games offer. 

Every Skill should be looked at this way, if we want better gaming. 
    AlBQuirky

Once upon a time....

• eoloeeoloe Member RarePosts: 864

That is a stimulating comment.

I usually prefer more consistent systems across the board, probably because I come from tabletop, in which too many various systems imply digging into the rulebook and thus breaking the narration momentum.

However, if all the systems are quite intuitive but yet different, it can lead indeed into more gameplay depth, which is always interesting.

In fact if I go a bit deeper, each skill would match some kind of minigame. The catch would be that each of them would rely on various player real skill.

Stealth would be for instance about positioning
    Combat would be more about reflex and observation
    Magic could be about memorization
    Athletic skills about rhythm
    Crafting about logical combinations with a touch of reflex
    and so on...

The advantage of this kind of system would be that some people would naturally be more at ease with a system or another. The problem would be though that if you want to play a stealth character, and you are bad at positioning then your virtual career ambitions might be difficult to accomplish.

This is why each skill would have also points you can attribute to make the minigame either easier (vertical progression) or provide more path to achieve the same objective (horizontal progression) , or why not after all, both combined.....

Well, I went quite out of topic. 

Now, that I think about it, a game such as warframe is kinda like this.
    [Deleted User]AlBQuirkyAmaranthar
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Single player games seem to handle stealth better than most online games. I like eoloe's TF2 Spy example, though :)

Most online games make it hard to "sneak up" on someone when other players keep running/jumping about or just outright killing your target. The "press button/key to go invisible" is an awful mechanic for me. Press button, run anywhere you like for X amount of seconds, disregarding the environment, sound, and lighting vs shadows.

The Thief (game title) games I've played made me like I was actually "stealth-ing." Shadows, floor tiles making sounds (carpet vs sand vs pebbles), and speed all factored into the discoverability.

MMOs I've played with stealth mechanics seem to be a positional alpha strike. I still enjoy them and have fun, but I don't really feel like I'm being very sneaky :)
    Amaranthar

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• TheDalaiBombaTheDalaiBomba Member EpicPosts: 1,493

• Hiding in the dark
    • Keeping quiet

I was just reading an article about a turn-based stealth game called Invisible, Inc. that made this exact point: stealth games are really puzzle games.  He made the point to highlight how Invisible, Inc. proves that true.

You should give it a try if you haven't already.  From my understanding, it's turn-based but includes action timers to create a sense of urgency in analyzing and responding to the challenge ahead.  Sounds like it may be your cup of tea.
    [Deleted User]AmarantharcameltosisAlBQuirky
    eoloe said:

That is a stimulating comment.

I usually prefer more consistent systems across the board, probably because I come from tabletop, in which too many various systems imply digging into the rulebook and thus breaking the narration momentum.

However, if all the systems are quite intuitive but yet different, it can lead indeed into more gameplay depth, which is always interesting.

In fact if I go a bit deeper, each skill would match some kind of minigame. The catch would be that each of them would rely on various player real skill.

Stealth would be for instance about positioning
    Combat would be more about reflex and observation
    Magic could be about memorization
    Athletic skills about rhythm
    Crafting about logical combinations with a touch of reflex
    and so on...

The advantage of this kind of system would be that some people would naturally be more at ease with a system or another. The problem would be though that if you want to play a stealth character, and you are bad at positioning then your virtual career ambitions might be difficult to accomplish.

This is why each skill would have also points you can attribute to make the minigame either easier (vertical progression) or provide more path to achieve the same objective (horizontal progression) , or why not after all, both combined.....

Well, I went quite out of topic. 

Now, that I think about it, a game such as warframe is kinda like this.
    "This is why each skill would have also points you can attribute to make the minigame either easier (vertical progression) or provide more path to achieve the same objective (horizontal progression) , or why not after all, both combined.....

Well, I went quite out of topic."  

I agree with this. 
    The main point I wanted to toss in is this.
    I believe most gamers are "bad" at things is because they simply aren't familiar with it. Most people aren't dumb, they just don't know better. And they can learn, and fairly easily, if given the chance. 

With that being said, is it good for game companies to coddle them? To make them heroes without the need to improve? I don't think so. 

Also, there are many gamers who don't want to spend the time to improve their game play in a more difficult game. 
    So, I've always felt that a good game does need to offer easier content that they can just go play with. That relaxing stuff where you can pretty safely just whack away at, or stealth around in, or otherwise play your game. If more capable players are there too, it doesn't matter because you're all playing the same way at that point. Easy stuff. 
    This easy content is also a great way to put in some learning experiences so a player can naturally grow into a better Player in your game. 

And I love it when people go off topic. It's stimulating and good for the forum. :)
    AlBQuirky

Once upon a time....

edited March 2022
    AlBQuirky said:
    Single player games seem to handle stealth better than most online games. I like eoloe's TF2 Spy example, though :)

Most online games make it hard to "sneak up" on someone when other players keep running/jumping about or just outright killing your target. The "press button/key to go invisible" is an awful mechanic for me. Press button, run anywhere you like for X amount of seconds, disregarding the environment, sound, and lighting vs shadows.

The Thief (game title) games I've played made me like I was actually "stealth-ing." Shadows, floor tiles making sounds (carpet vs sand vs pebbles), and speed all factored into the discoverability.

MMOs I've played with stealth mechanics seem to be a positional alpha strike. I still enjoy them and have fun, but I don't really feel like I'm being very sneaky :)
    Yeah, it's a problem when there's a bunch of other player around like that. 
    I'm not sure there's an answer for that. But I think a Stealther can still do some things that involve the deeper skills. Especially if the game has some things like the disappearing dust to get into stealth mode in the middle of things. From there the player has to use his stealth to get behind a MOB and strike. This doesn't have to take too much time at all, if the MOB is close by to start with. 
    It should be possible to even do that instantly, from in front of, but with some large negative modifiers. 

To me, Stealth is in it's glory when other players are not around, or in battle. In a group, the Stealther is the guy that's sent in first to take out (or do big damage) a MOB and change the odds of a coming confrontation. 
    2 Stealthers is even better for this.  ;)

In UO, we used to drop a feather on the ground so that we each knew where the other Stealther had stopped. If you didn't see another feather, you knew your buddy was on the move and just waited. 
    2 feathers meant that your buddy Stealther was ready to strike. 
    AlBQuirky

Once upon a time....

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    AlBQuirky said:

I'm not sure there's an answer for that. But I think a Stealther can still do some things that involve the deeper skills. Especially if the game has some things like the disappearing dust to get into stealth mode in the middle of things. From there the player has to use his stealth to get behind a MOB and strike. This doesn't have to take too much time at all, if the MOB is close by to start with. 
    It should be possible to even do that instantly, from in front of, but with some large negative modifiers. 

To me, Stealth is in it's glory when other players are not around, or in battle. In a group, the Stealther is the guy that's sent in first to take out (or do big damage) a MOB and change the odds of a coming confrontation. 

In UO, we used to drop a feather on the ground so that we each knew where the other Stealther had stopped. If you didn't see another feather, you knew your buddy was on the move and just waited. 

As I read other responses, if those other players could be used as distractions (knowingly or not), that could add some intrigue.

There are so many skills in the "stealth play." Traps and taking the time to use them or disarming them, picking locks on doors or chests, simple scouting of enemies and positions, possibly poisons or alchemy use, and so many others areas. The bad part is, what does the rest of the party do while the stealther does their thing? That could be fun for one player, but rather boring for the other 3 or 5 in the group.

Reactions are a bit iffy, too. I laugh playing Skyrim when one guard gets an arrow and falls down. Their "buddy" says, "What was that?" and may come to investigate. Maybe its my 4 years in the army or doing a night watch for a major bank as data transfers came in from all over the world, but ANY disturbance (problems) required an alarm first, THEN investigation. That's where possible "distractions" could come in handy :)

It's a great balancing act between multiple players, time, interest, and fun. All in all, it's a puzzle game the developers have to play before releasing the game :)
    Amaranthar

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

AlBQuirky said:
    AlBQuirky said:

As I read other responses, if those other players could be used as distractions (knowingly or not), that could add some intrigue.

There are so many skills in the "stealth play." Traps and taking the time to use them or disarming them, picking locks on doors or chests, simple scouting of enemies and positions, possibly poisons or alchemy use, and so many others areas. The bad part is, what does the rest of the party do while the stealther does their thing? That could be fun for one player, but rather boring for the other 3 or 5 in the group.

Reactions are a bit iffy, too. I laugh playing Skyrim when one guard gets an arrow and falls down. Their "buddy" says, "What was that?" and may come to investigate. Maybe its my 4 years in the army or doing a night watch for a major bank as data transfers came in from all over the world, but ANY disturbance (problems) required an alarm first, THEN investigation. That's where possible "distractions" could come in handy :)

It's a great balancing act between multiple players, time, interest, and fun. All in all, it's a puzzle game the developers have to play before releasing the game :)
    Great post. 
    As far as the other players, and what they do, this is a problem of games where everyone just wins by design. 
    They should be grateful that they have these special skills in their group, if the game is set up without auto-win. 

What players should be doing is playing along with their Stealther, acting as distractions as you said, and lying in wait to spring the traps that the Stealther sets up for them. Healing them, because there will be times that they need it, and getting their own Surprise Attacks because of them. 

I like the idea of all of the subskills, like traps and all. 
    A game with good Stealth/Thief types, that expands game play and experiences. 
    And friendships/associations. 
    It's a different type of game than what they've become. 
    AlBQuirky

Once upon a time....

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Wargfoot said:
    The best stealth system I've seen was in an Unreal Tournament mod where 'thief' characters could be invisible if they found an appropriate shadow to hide within.  The level of transparency they had was impacted by movement and the size of the shadow.

In total darkness they could move without being seen, in shadow you'd get a glimpse of a form as they move that would fade to nothing if they stopped moving, etc.

You could find stealth characters by using flares. :smile:
    That's a very interesting idea. You'd have to have code for NPC detection. 
    But very interesting. 
    AlBQuirky

Once upon a time....

• ArsnnArsnn Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    I think an important part of stealth mechanics in online games is how the opponent is affected by it and has room to counter it.

As other‘s suggested a stealth mechanic that reveals you as you come close to your target brings the component of having to constantly reposition yourself into play.
    What i would add to that is another radius that is bigger than the „reveal radius“ by quite a margin. That additional radius would inform the opponent with some kind of icon, take care someone is near you in stealth mode.
    The opponent would not know your exact location, but has a clear indicator to be cautious and get ready to be jumped any time. 
    He could try to reveal you by moving into assuming where you are, and you would need circumvent that and reposition until you find a good opening.

I find these kind of cat and mouse games thrilling, especially if you try to stealth through groups and you manage to juke them. And it gives additional room for counterplay.
    AmarantharAlBQuirky
    Arsnn said:
    I think an important part of stealth mechanics in online games is how the opponent is affected by it and has room to counter it.

As other‘s suggested a stealth mechanic that reveals you as you come close to your target brings the component of having to constantly reposition yourself into play.
    What i would add to that is another radius that is bigger than the „reveal radius“ by quite a margin. That additional radius would inform the opponent with some kind of icon, take care someone is near you in stealth mode.
    The opponent would not know your exact location, but has a clear indicator to be cautious and get ready to be jumped any time. 
    He could try to reveal you by moving into assuming where you are, and you would need circumvent that and reposition until you find a good opening.

I find these kind of cat and mouse games thrilling, especially if you try to stealth through groups and you manage to juke them. And it gives additional room for counterplay.
    Here's an idea. What if you can partially fail stealthing, but not be revealed? 
    What if the opponent gets that icon on screen, in the general direction of a slight sound (with bottom of the screen indicating it's behind them), but they still can't see the stealther? 
    That icon could have a duration to indicate how well they heard you, too. 
    There could also be a sound played, a footstep, a shuffle, whatever, as an alarm of sorts. But many gamers like to hear music (game or other), so I'm not sure about that one. 
    AlBQuirky

Once upon a time....

• ringdanyringdany Member UncommonPosts: 189
    edited April 2022
    i suspect the best stealth and invisibility system we will ever see is from Neverwinter NIghts 2002. Characters had skills in SPot, Listen, MOve SIliently and HIde, and shadows and loss of line of sight all matter. It's the most sophisticated system you can find: https://nwn.fandom.com/wiki/Stealth i suspect no other mmo mathes this.

ive had years of amazingly fun pvp with stealth in NWN, against other stealth users and ordinary fighting characters. it's an amazing system. keep in mind you can build almost any class with stealth: mages, archers, assassins, barbs etc.
    AlBQuirkyAmaranthar
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Stealth in MMOs was never going to stay as a must have class feature. It is tricky to implement, problematic in teams, quirky in PvP. It's a shame, but the gameplay balance seems impossible to maintain and it is one of those skills that drastically changes in Pvp like crowd control. Very hard to get right.

Maybe you guys know some MMOs it worked well in?
    AlBQuirky
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    One of the things I enjoyed about UO's stealth was the way line of sight worked due to the isometric view. If you hid in just the right place you could move without worrying about losing stealth as much. For instance, when I was a newer player hiding from people I'd hide behind a cabin and move to a tree near by. Even if I did pop it made it much harder for them to target me which gave me time to try again lol. 

I've gone back to UO a few times over the past decade. I just don't enjoy what they've done to it. I am surprised it still runs. I have also tried several community servers. Many claim to be like UO before the trammel cancer hit, but they aren't. None of them. They all have many changes that just ruin the immersion. If not immersion than their choices affect the balance/gameplay. Like sure, I get it. You are hosting the game and want it to be more to your liking. I actually really liked the way it was more though.

Age of Conan had a decent stealth system too. I really enjoyed it on my ranger (I think that was the name of the class). That game was so much fun! It was much easier to move around while stealthed in that game. It was more reliable for actions such as pinging someone with an arrow and then hiding again. I won't lie, I got a lot of kills due to stealth in that game. Unfortunately I couldn't save their heads like in UO!

I miss stealth in games and Id like to see it brought back. Its fun. It can be exciting and create some tense moments.

One of the concessions for stealth they could make with todays graphics are showing foot prints. Think of grass being compressed. They could also add noise. Wearing plate armour? Well its not going to be silent when skulking about! 

Also, in regards to some people thinking stealth is hard to implement, I disagree. It doesn't have to lead to griefing. It didn't in UO. Why? Because of the core design of the game. The PK system made it so you werent just going around stealthing and killing. There were skills that made it much easier to detect a person (the skill system in UO was epic). If someone was really good at it someone would also put out a bounty on them. So now you had incentive to hunt that person down! In UO someone always had your number no matter what your build or experience.
    AlBQuirkyAmaranthar
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    And just another note of frustration here. 
    14 damn view on this thread after 8 hours. 
    Grrr

I'm gonna destroy Earth for this! 
    You must think of threads as a slow roast, they can take time but in the end are worth it. :) 
    AlBQuirkyAmaranthar