Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Official "We're Angry at SOE" thread

Comments

• zoey121zoey121 Member Posts: 926

www.gamesradar.com/gb/ps3/game/news/article.jsp?articleId=20060524153157765035&sectionId=1006

So  with today's news we can't post why we are angry at soe??????

So much for the selling ps3 games back to gamestop it seems sony is trying another new marketing ploy.....

Title of article ; Sony makes moves to stamp out lucrative second-hand market
    Words: Matt Cundy

Yall want more fule for the fire check this article out it is no longer a  rumor

Folks that are interested look at there stock quote history and what it did after e 3's anounment

• ClackamasClackamas Member Posts: 776

Originally posted by zoey121

www.gamesradar.com/gb/ps3/game/news/article.jsp?articleId=20060524153157765035&sectionId=1006
    So  with today's news we can't post why we are angry at soe??????
    So much for the selling ps3 games back to gamestop it seems sony is trying another new marketing ploy.....

Title of article ; Sony makes moves to stamp out lucrative second-hand market
    Words: Matt Cundy

Yall want more fule for the fire check this article out it is no longer a  rumor
    Folks that are interested look at there stock quote history and what it did after e 3's anounment

It is sorta of like selling SWG characters, money and loot on Ebay (or IGN, etc)... the game is only as good as the secondary market.
  • tetsultetsul Member Posts: 1,020

Originally posted by xPaladin
    I just peeked over at the Vanguard forums and I get where the staff is coming from fully now.

:(

Yeah I just saw that too. Now Shayde stop bugging them poor innocent people in Vanguard. Let them keep the delusion alive. That way it will be funnier for us come release.

You know, how did I ever get 4 stars? I'm kind of a jackass.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

*grin evilly*

I think you guys have the wrong approach.

You should adopt an attitude like:  We love you SoE, but we prefer this younger model now! 

I still think SoE is one of the great MMO company, but one of the great mean nothing, I stick with the greatest and nothing else.  For now it is NCsoft and Cryptic, I am currently dreaming about BioWare MMO.  And this would make many persons wonder, eh, if Cryptic fall second it mean that...SoE will fall in third!  Yup, exactly!  In second they might always dream and hope, in third they better adapt or accept this as a fatality!

As long as you just show hatred, SoE will shrug.  Make them jealous!  Especially when it it TRUE that you prefer a younger, more performant model.  You don't stop loving them, they are just, the spare tire, the extra sandwitch, the second option. 

See, SoE try to make me jealous of the raiders in old EQ...it work for sometimes, now it serve them well, THEY are jealous of NCsoft and Blizzard at the same time! 

See, instead of been angry at SoE, tell them that: "Eh, we still can be friends!"    SoE don't want you to just be a friend, they want more, they want your subscribtions!  But I only subscribed to my true love, not to a friend! 

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• ixontesixontes Member UncommonPosts: 317
    This sticky may become the longest ongoing thread on the Internet
  • Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

So the fanbois have won here too? Very well I accept defeat, I shall not post anything critical of $OE outside this thread within this forum again. However I believe mmorpg.com shall regret their decision to control us, as have the mighty $OE.

DEUS VULT!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• Apache_Apache_ Member Posts: 168

I dont post here much, but I watch these forums because I like Star Wars, and any news about up and coming Star Wars MMO's or SWG will usually be posted here.  I dont generally get involved in flame wars or post "Im Angry at SOE" type stuff. 

However if a thread is started here asking "Is SWG for me?", or "Is SWG a Good Game?", I will gladly tell them that the best way is to just try it for themselves and see if they like it.

BUT, as a consumer and a gamer, I feel obligated to inform the person that the game they buy today will probably NOT be the same game 6 months from now, and any hard work and money they put into the game will more than likely be lost with no refunds.

I also feel obligated as a consumer and a gamer to inform the person that SOE has a long proven track record of lies, shady buisness practices, poor customer support, Nazi style moderated Forums, buggy programing, and will even try bait and switch tactics on thier customers if they think they can get away with it.

Now...To me, IMHO..Im not trying to flame SOE, or generate any hate for SOE.  I just feel that as a person who has played SWG for over 2 years, and has seen first hand what goes on there for over 2 years that I should inform any would be subscribers to SWG of what to expect.  In Not doing so, I could be setting some potential subscriber up for a very serious disapointment 6 months from now.  Not to mentioned lost time and money that the person has invested.   And Im sure the potential Subscriber would be wondering why nobody warned him/her.  I feel it is our duty to do so.

To me these are proven Truths.  Are these forums now going to be moderated to the point that we can no longer inform others of the truth of to expect?  Old news or not, its the truth.  And SOE will continue to act, and treat current customers, and future customers  as they always have. wich makes it ongoing Current News.

Quick question....Are the other SOE game forums also generating "Im Angry at SOE" type threads?  I never look, but judging by what the OP said its not just here in the SWG forums.

http://media.putfile.com/RIP-SWG

• chlaoschlaos Member Posts: 1,118
    Ummm......lets see.....oh yeah, Fuck Soe.   

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951
    I wish to cremate $OE (should never be spelled with a proper "S"), fair enough?

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by ixontes
    This sticky may become the longest ongoing thread on the Internet

The Pub 29 thread is still longer

• treed0223treed0223 Member Posts: 84
    I say we make this a bit more creative folks...with all of us hating SOE, why not focus all of our anger on this thread in a constructive way.  We can make this thread huge and possibly cause MMORPG.com to talk about it.  If we all protest in one place our voices may be heard, instead of seperated shouts in various threads that hardly achieve anything.  It is worth a shot to at least try and get our old game back, in different threads we are weak and called haters, here we can be the majority and make a statement.  If SOE will listen is another story.
  • Bonez005Bonez005 Member UncommonPosts: 38

Originally posted by BadBoyOnFire
    No offence Stradden but i don't think most people are inteionally "highjacking" other peoples threads regarding a single "We hate SoE" issue.

Its the fact the whole game - and every last aspect of it - has changed completely, which prompts discussion on almost all threads.

But, heres my two cents.

"1 H4T3 $0E!!!!!1111111111 LAWL!!!".

Let me get this straight, they take a dying "Sims online" version of Starwars, and instead of canceling it out completely like certain other companies <cough> EA Games <cough> they tear it apart to add more action, more content, and generaly more to do than roam empty planet surfaces hoping you just might find a life somewhere. Since when was this a bad thing? Just curious.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Bonez005

No offence Stradden but i don't think most people are inteionally "highjacking" other peoples threads regarding a single "We hate SoE" issue.

Its the fact the whole game - and every last aspect of it - has changed completely, which prompts discussion on almost all threads.

But, heres my two cents.

Let me get this straight, they take a dying "Sims online" version of Starwars, and instead of canceling it out completely like certain other companies <cough> EA Games <cough> they tear it apart to add more action, more content, and generaly more to do than roam empty planet surfaces hoping you just might find a life somewhere. Since when was this a bad thing? Just curious.

Shh!!! Don't use logic , people may burst a few forehead veins .

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304
    I trust SOE as far as I could throw the Death Star.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Wildcat84
    I trust SOE as far as I could throw the Death Star.

With all that clicking you have been doing , that may be pretty far .

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• LowcarefugeeLowcarefugee Member Posts: 18

SOE took hundreds and hundreds of meeelllions of dollars from my character that i spent many many yrs of hard earned time making. drunk hours until 5 am getting UBER loot worth nothing at all :( then they took my jedi and crapped on him making him un-uber, then they took my bh and took all his fun in hunting. /quitlife: pause2 /endlife  :(    KARMA WILL KILL SOE, and we will get our game back. Have faith it will happen

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

Originally posted by Agricola1

DEUS VULT!

Gesundheit

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

But, heres my two cents.

It was a bad thing, because they never delivered on any of those things... and they destroyed the fun that they actually had going for them.

Like deciding to make a million dollar check into confetti because it looks more festive.

Shayde - SWG (dead)

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.

• EdmondeEdmonde Member Posts: 97

SOE needs to scrap the current SWG game and let someone else make the next gen SWG...SOE might be able to make some money keeping the current game but eventually they will lose out...if they made classic servers they might double what they have now but that will take away from their current game and instead we would all be starting over...

but PRE-CU FTW!!!

put back the professions

put back what made it a player run economy

put back the FUN!

We have enough Youth, How about a Fountain of Intelligence?

• VexinVexin Member Posts: 297

And just how long did you play the dying "Sims online" version?

I played right up until the CU, and it was hardly "dying".  It was the most thriving MMO I've seen of its age (2 years at the time).  The change in the core game was not because it was "dying", but rather because it didn't have the "6 million" sub count that World of Warcraft supposedly had.  SOE decided that in order to get those same numbers, they had to blantantly rip-off as much of the WoW game mechanics as they could legally get away with.

The question, after more than a year, and two major changes to the gameplay engine (costing many, many players to lose their investments in time and money), is:  Does SWG have the sub numbers now that match those of World of Warcraft?

Not even close.  What's sadder, they aren't even close to the pre-CU numbers.  If that result doesn't qualify as a failure (not even considering the tens of thousands of people that now hate them passionately), I don't know what does. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    As ye SOE, so shall ye weep.

Originally posted by Vexin

And just how long did you play the the dying "Sims online" version?

I played right up until the CU, and it was hardly "dying".  It was the most thriving MMO I've seen of its age (2 years at the time).  The change in the core game was not because it was "dying", but rather because it didn't have the "6 million" sub count that World of Warcraft supposedly had.  SOE decided that in order to get those same numbers, they had to blantantly rip-off as much of the WoW game mechanics as they could legally get away with.

The question, after more than a year, and two major changes to the gameplay engine (costing many, many players to lose their investments in time and money), is:  Does SWG have the sub numbers now that match those of World of Warcraft?

Not even close.  What's sadder, they aren't even close to the pre-CU numbers.  If that result doesn't qualify as a failure (not even considering the tens of thousands of people that now hate them passionately), I don't know what does. 

Right.. two complete overhauls later.. and MANY less players than ever before. Out of over 1000 SWG players on our private forums, SIX still play. Yeah.. the nge is fun on a stick.

Shayde - SWG (dead)

imageimage

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304
    SWG's subscription history:

300K pre-CU at the time of JTL

250K after the CU

200K at the time they did NGE

~50K at most now.

Is there any argument against at least doing classic servers at this point?!!!!

Nope.

• TaucetiTauceti Member Posts: 168

Originally posted by Stradden

Hi Guys,
    It seems as though there has been quite a bit of SOE hate recently, and it has gotten to the point where it is taking over the forums for SOE games. As a result, I am creating this sticky where people can vent their frustrations on this subject.
    Please do not continue to hijack other threads with this issue. Also, remember to have a look at our Rules of Conduct regarding what is ok to say and what is not.
    Cheers,
    Jon "Stradden" Wood, Community Manager

Hi, I just wanted to say that I somewhat sympathize with what your trying to do. But please keep these points in mind.

1. SOE not only destroyed a once great game [pre-cu SWG..I haven't found anything comparable to it and I did give the NGE a try and hated it], but they lied to their customers consistantly, and practiced borderline business ethics.
    2. There is a certain fustration with various game sites similar to this one who, have not challenged or have done any hard-hitting interviews with SOE regarding their games.
    3. Many gamesite like this one have not attempted to make a distinction Between the Pre-CU SWG and NGE with respect to the ratings of the game; which are truely two separate game now. As such the current ranking is a combination of the past game and new version of the game which is misleading to potential gamers.
    4. This attempt to focuse peoples dislike of SOE strike a cord of suspicion; because it seem we would be required to post our dislike of SOE in a forum that most wouldn't notice or bother with. Which is a way to redirect the negative press and customer dissatisfaction away from SOE. Which why some suggest there is more to this than meets the eye. Especially, since SWG forum don't allow for much opposing views of the game or complaints and / or suggestions that might fix the situations.
    5. I grant you that some here have not been overly kind to people who honestly want to try the game and get help with it. Not that it is an excuse but it just there seems to be post that are of such a strong positive view that it suggest SOE marketing attempts to spin the game in a better lite, which they appearently have done. But, your right people should automatically assume every positive post or request for help is a SOE mole...lol, and should be more open to people view.
    6. The bottom line is that most here want to warn other players of SOE negative pratices and admittedly want to see SOE fail. So, when most players who have had any dealing with SOE see them get involved with other potential good games, it set a fire in people to speak up.

In conculsion, I think it might help releace the fustration with SWG and SOE if the following was done.

• Separate the rating of the Pre-NGE game and the current game.
    • Ask for some questions from this community and conduct a hard hitting interview of SOE and SWG and don't let them off the hook easily.
    • If possible help provide news on what is rumor and what is really going on.
    • Create a SWG forum pages within the SWG community titled "SWG help and information only, no negative post"

IMO,

Tauceti

• Beatnik59Beatnik59 Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

Originally posted by Apache_
    Now...To me, IMHO..Im not trying to flame SOE, or generate any hate for SOE.  I just feel that as a person who has played SWG for over 2 years, and has seen first hand what goes on there for over 2 years that I should inform any would be subscribers to SWG of what to expect.  In Not doing so, I could be setting some potential subscriber up for a very serious disapointment 6 months from now.  Not to mentioned lost time and money that the person has invested.   And Im sure the potential Subscriber would be wondering why nobody warned him/her.  I feel it is our duty to do so.

Apache_, you are my hero today.

MMORPG.com staff:

You really could care less if folks get screwed out of their money due to corruption.  Your business will only suffer if you get involved.  We on the other hand are players, who understand eachother and look out for eachother.

Yeah you all want to make money and build reputations in the industry.  But we on the other hand don't care about having a career in the industry.  We just want to protect eachother, and make the genre grow.  We do it for the love of it, and not to make a career for ourself.  We have the purest of motives at heart.

Maybe you all forgot where you came from, and who you serve.  If you keep protecting the ones who cheat players, and cause misery for the players, then what use are you people?

I don't come here for the "insider info."  I can get better insider info from the developer's own websites.

I don't come here for the "free promotions."  I can get most of the same promotions fron the publishers.

I sure as heck don't come here for the "T-Shirts" and "Hype Meter."  If I wanted cheap shirts, and hype, I can get plenty of that from the publishers.  I don't need you people for that.

What I need from you people is my interest as a gamer, and the truth.  Not attempts to take sides on this issue.

If you are going to censor a thread because it says something that can be interpreted as bad for SOE, then it is no better than if you were an extention of SOE.

The fact of the matter is that gamers got screwed out of their money, and their confidence in the genre has been broken.  This is not the sort of issue that will just go away, no matter how much we all want it to, and believe me, many of the "SOE bashers" would want that.

But we must place the anger at the proper source.  It is not we MMORPG members that are to blame.  It is SOE, and their poor handling of the situation, that has created this hostile environment here on your website.

"...when it comes to pimping EVE I have little restraints."
    --Hellmar, CEO of CCP.

"It's like they took a gun, put it to their nugget sack and pulled the trigger over and over again, each time telling us how great it was that they were shooting themselves in the balls."
    --Exar_Kun on SWG's NGE

• WuduLarchWuduLarch Member Posts: 140
    Poeple come here for help with SWG? Who could possibly need help with such a simplistic game? Oh, I fogot about the bugs. I guess some people need help working through or around them. Sorry. Please disregard.
This discussion has been closed.