Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Division 2 is Still Kicking! New Modes, Gear and Features in Testing for Much Needed Future Upda

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2022 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Division 2 is Still Kicking! New Modes, Gear and Features in Testing for Much Needed Future Update | MMORPG.com

It's easy to get overloaded with so many great games out there right now, but that doesn't mean that some of our old favorites haven't been working hard at getting new content ready for their fans. Ubisoft has some features on The Division 2 public test server, ready for testing, and they are urging players to hop on over and leave some feedback as the prepare to push these changes to the live game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515
    edited April 2022
    Post edited by FuryV on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    I really like the game, but I haven't had a reason to return. I think an 8-person mode probably won't do it for me, but if they have other campaigns and challenges I'd come back.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    I'm curious how you spend your time in TD2 @blueturtle13

I got TD2 at release and I put maybe 100 hours into it. I made it to endgame, completed all the content, and then was just kinda done with it. I know I could have spent a lot more time grinding for the "perfect" gear, but as I could already complete all the content there didn't seem much point.

I was also very disappointed with the PvP. The Dark Zone just seemed an exercise in frustration, I think I only ever managed to extract gear 3 or 4 times, all the rest I'd get killed and lose my loot. The other PvP mode, the standard arena stuff, was OK for a few hours but never felt particularly interesting.

This sounds like I'm knocking the game, I'm not, I put more hours into this shooter than I have any shooter since Goldeneye! I did really enjoy it for what it was, it just didn't strike me as a game built for longevity.
  • slowz2secretslowz2secret Member RarePosts: 407
    Pretty fun game
    maskedweasel
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Play D2 every few months. Mostly replay through a few favorite areas. It feels like I’ve done replays of the game thousands of times though. About once a year I’ll create a new character and play through the storyline of D1. A D3 would be great. Or at least a expansion. They could even add combat pets or AI team members like other games are doing.
    maskedweasel

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

I still play Division one as well lol

I just really like the game series.

The 1 to 30 leveling experience in The Division 1 is still absolutely EPIC!

Just roaming around Post Apocalyptic New York between skyscrapers is amazing.

It's just a shame they screwed up with the patches and post-30 content updates with that game.

But if you can get it at a discount, it's worth the leveling experience.

The Division 2 just didn't do it for me. It just did not have that same Epic feel as the first game. So I just couldn't get into it.
    Octagon7711
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    "It’s easy to get overloaded with so many great games out there right now"

Studios must be saying to themselves, 'Why are we trying to make multiplayer spectaculars when the player base wants to move on after no more than a few months?

Well that player base was formed by the studios whose practices from loot boxes to front loading to a mobile first approach have led to the butterflies player base we have today. You reap what you sow.
    maskedweasel[Deleted User]
  • DigDuggyDigDuggy Member RarePosts: 641
    I played for a while, but there didn't seem to be enough diversity in stuff to do. Since launch, has that changed. Is there enough to do besides a rotation of the same few missions?
    maskedweasel
  • AngrakhanAngrakhan Member EpicPosts: 1,162
    I have hundreds of hours logged into both D1 and D2, though probably half the hours into D2 as D1. D2 seemed to put more things out of reach of the players not in a guild/outfit/whatever they're called. More of the end-game activities could not be queued for with a group finder, so unless you had a premade, you were left out in the cold. This left me and I'm sure a ton of other more casual players out in the cold, hitting 'the wall' where your progression stopped cold much sooner in D2 than in D1. Maybe they changed things? It has probably been over a year since I played D2.

I enjoyed them both, but something felt less engaging and less intense about D2. I think it was a combination of the more open spaces as opposed to always being in streets littered with cars, tight alleys, and abandoned subways as well as the story which went from "you're on the cusp of being able to stop this thing" to "this is the way it is and you're just trying to survive now". D2 felt more defeatist to me like I had a purpose ... survival ... but ultimately it was one that didn't really matter. D1 I felt more heroic and like fixing the whole mess with the virus was an achievable goal.
    maskedweasel
  • BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675
    Loved division 1 and 2. Despite how much everyone prefers the feel of D1's world, I really prefer the more interesting world of D2. It is not as iconic, but it plays better.

Really missed the underground in D2, though.

If they could add an underground style DLC for D2 and fix DX12 crashes I would love to jump back in.