Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

E3 2022 Digital Event Canceled; ESA Vows To Return In 2023 With New Format | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2022 in News & Features Discussion

imageE3 2022 Digital Event Canceled; ESA Vows To Return In 2023 With New Format | MMORPG.com

It looks like this will be another year without one of the previously premier events on the gaming calendar. The Electronic Entertainment Expo, or E3, has officially been canceled, shuttering the hopes of a digital show in June.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    Oh well; would have probably been a disappointment anyways. Just a bunch of 2022-2023 revamps of games over the last 10 years, Just dance 2023, Ubisoft games we probably already know the titles to, bunch of console crap, a few Indie games, and some Star Wars game everyone will forget about 2 days after it launches.
    MensurBrotherMaynardMcSleaz
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    The part that matters to us - the announcements - will still happen. Just expect them to be signed onto Nintendo Directs, Playstation State of Plays, etc.
  • NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,141
    Like the Oscars, E3 has been going downhill for years anyway, so no real lose.
    Asm0deus

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
  • DigDuggyDigDuggy Member RarePosts: 641
    A shame, I like to read about some of the stuff (after it's all over). I find a lot of the upcomings and such interesting.
  • OldKingLogOldKingLog Member RarePosts: 567
    Aww, diddums totally lose the plot and the ability to keep one's hands on the pulse of the modern day gaming consumer during the last couple of years of lock-down chaos? Aw poor little tykes. I guess its time to retreat rebrand and reflect on why you are so absolutely unnecessary not to mention totally bloody fucking useless to the game making and marketing process then. ... Fuckity Bye.
    KrumkoTacticalZombeh
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Sometimes we need fantasy to survive reality 
    https://biturl.top/rU7bY3
    Beyond the shadows there's always light
  • TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430
    They should go back to being a tech/dev business expo and stop trying to keep up with the kids.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430

I wanna see new tech there's CES for that. E3 had nothing other than game announcements / reveals and devs do that themselves via youtube/twitch now.

I'm talking pre 2017 (actually late 90's) where if you said you wanted to go, you had to verify a professional relationship with the gaming industry. CES was the old, outmoded thing back then, and it gave rise to E3.

CES is good for general tech, but I think gaming still needs its own thing, especially considering it's the biggest form of entertainment media in the world.