Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Red Village - Behind The Scenes - Champion Animation

2»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Stizzled said:
    Unfortunately, it doesn't look like bcbully is coming back, so I doubt we're going to get any more updates. I certainly don't care enough to keep up with it.
    He must have really crossed the line somehow...is weird but one day last week I was showing him as unbanned, perhaps a cached web page or something.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Torval said:
    I agree, mostly. I think it's stupid to create an artificial mint number, instead I prefer timed mint intervals. Some games allow for that, like anyone can buy as many of an item over the course of a week or two or even if it's just 48 hours. 

It invalidates the users who attempt to buy out a limited item. In that situation players can all buy the item at the developer price, and afterwards if you don't buy players can choose to sell to other players for real money. 

But most nft game developers don't like to do that, because it dilutes the rarity and therefore they don't make as much money on the inflated costs of player to player transactions. 

But if they want nfts to take hold at all outside of the speculators they need to adopt a fair playing field.  

I know what you're thinking... fat chance.. and you're right. Because of that developers are going to shoot themselves in the foot for the next decade because of greed. 

I watched several collectible communities go through the same thing over the past three decades. Stamps, comic books, sports and other card collectibles, and various arms and militaria groups. Once the speculators get involved the true hobbyists are priced out of the mid to high range market, buying or selling. And what you're left with is a just a small group of disinterested assholes holding all the toys.
    I hate mint intervals or time limited exclusives. It is the foundation of FOMO and it sucks so bad. Fallout 76 does this without even using NFTs and it really perverts the focus of playing acquiring things. They offer time limited access to skins and base building items. It creates this artificial scarcity so people can get that dopamine hit for owning something others can't. It just ruins game play. It's grosser cousin of daily/weekly quests and login rewards (which they also employ).

There is a lot I love about the game (mostly building and open world shooter stuff) but this one main aspect just drains my ability to play longer than a month or two. It's the same thing with non-repeatable seasons/battle passes.

The cash shop policies is a major reason why I left FO76.  That, and the whole aiming thing.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    edited March 2022
    tzervo said:
    Stizzled said:
    Well, here we are just a smidge under a week past the second intended launch. I saw they even did a countdown to launch on Twitter. A countdown to absolute squat.

@bcbully Rug or incompetence? Do people still think these guys know what they're doing?
    According to them, a specific bug with threading. I would assume a small dev team being overwhelmed. Development of any kind, not just games, is complex, this does not automatically mean incompetence, it happens in all teams all the time. 
    Delays happen, sure.  Selling game items for hundreds or thousands of dollars with the promise that it will launch in a week, and then still not launching two months later?  That's an entirely different matter.

Sure, you can have weird bugs that take quite a while to fix.  Sometimes you realize that something is fundamentally wrong with the way that some major, core system is designed, and your options are to redo it and then go swat the dozens of bugs that that inevitably causes or just accept that your game will be a buggy mess forever.  Stuff like that happens.

But you don't sell launch items with a promised launch only a week away until you've got a working game that is just about ready to launch.  Or at least, a responsible developer wouldn't do that.  You don't run the launch sale until the game works well enough to launch.
    eoloe[Deleted User]
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    I do not know which is worse... this video or the Axie hack.

[Deleted User]

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018