Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 Update Makes Lots of Fixes and Balance Changes, Starts The Super Adventure Festival | M

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2022 in News & Features Discussion

imageGuild Wars 2 Update Makes Lots of Fixes and Balance Changes, Starts The Super Adventure Festival | MMORPG.com

The latest Guild Wars 2 update brings more End of Dragons fixes, overall polish, class balance tweaks, and begins the Super Adventure Festival.

Read the full story here

Comments

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Too many over tuned mobs. The game has zero balance.
    OldKingLogircaddicts
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Good step forward after the previous bad balance patch. The extended orb duration on Catalyst Hammer 3's in particular is going to make the class much more fun and intuitive to play. What were they even thinking with a 5 second duration?
  • OldKingLogOldKingLog Member RarePosts: 564
    Hariken said:

That's why I could never get into this game. None of my toons ever got to the point of feeling in the least powerful. After awhile it felt like playing was just running to stand still.
    ircaddicts
  • KratierKratier Member RarePosts: 626
    i tried to claim my prime rewards yesterday, and got locked out of my account for "security reasons" which is pure bullshit. they also refuse to allow you to submit tickets if your account is locked out, and they removed the "anonymous" ticket submissions so its physically impossible to recover my account

so i guess i'm done with guild wars 2, fuck them , "security reasons" i guarantee nobody got into my account and its what other people reporting, it locks you out if you havent played in a while
    ircaddicts
    Kratier said:
    i tried to claim my prime rewards yesterday, and got locked out of my account for "security reasons" which is pure bullshit. they also refuse to allow you to submit tickets if your account is locked out, and they removed the "anonymous" ticket submissions so its physically impossible to recover my account

so i guess i'm done with guild wars 2, fuck them , "security reasons" i guarantee nobody got into my account and its what other people reporting, it locks you out if you havent played in a while
    They did NOT remove anonymous ticket submissions, lol. I had to do that when I changed phone numbers and forgot to change my 2fa's ahead of time.
    ircaddicts[Deleted User]
  • killerkramkillerkram Member UncommonPosts: 23

Hariken said:

That's why I could never get into this game. None of my toons ever got to the point of feeling in the least powerful. After awhile it felt like playing was just running to stand still.

The game is easy though. I have several characters that lay waste to the open world even in the new expansion. Che k your gear stats and build. A good open world build should have no problem blasting through most content
    [Deleted User]
    edited March 2022

Hariken said:

The game is easy though. I have several characters that lay waste to the open world even in the new expansion. Che k your gear stats and build. A good open world build should have no problem blasting through most content
    I think this is a more nuanced discussion than anyone really lets on.

Guild Wars 2 does have pretty uneven open world difficulty, which is intentional since different maps are meant for different skill levels, often done as a reactionary thing from the studio. But it's really poorly communicated. Putting map difficulty ratings and map types (exploration, meta-chain, etc.) in the UI would really help. And honestly? Maybe they should honestly consider giving every map in the game a Normal Mode and a Hard Mode, just like GW1 had. It was a simple, blunt, elegant solution to difficulty and farming. Yes, you risk splitting the community, but.. you know, whatever. If the rewards are there for Hard Mode maps, the community will organize them.

The game is also in somewhat of a weird place in regards to difficulty in general. If you have amazing reflexes and experience with telegraphs, the game probably feels pretty easy for you. Especially in regards to endgame content that is more beaten by learning mechanics than anything. This leads to elitists like MightyTeapot calling the game too easy. That's a sharp disconnect from what the majority of the community actually feels - that the game in general is actually among the most challenging MMOs. 

(That isn't to say that there aren't amazing builds for open world to really reduce that difficulty. I've shared my own. Most of those unfortunately don't translate to endgame fractal/raid content).
    [Deleted User]
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    The mobs in the game are not balanced across the board. You can run into a even leveled mod and have a good fight. Then you run into the same type of mob that is no different from the last one and die in a few hits. And before anyone say anything about a mobs tooltip they are the same that I'm talking about. It is poorly uneven game in this area. even if you have good gear. So many people have complained about this for years and the devs just ignore it because it would take to much work o fix.