Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The 20th Vana'versary is Coming for Final Fantasy XI This Year, With a Level Cap Increase and More |

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2022 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe 20th Vana'versary is Coming for Final Fantasy XI This Year, With a Level Cap Increase and More | MMORPG.com

Final Fantasy XI will be marking its 20th anniversary this May, a 20th Vana'versary. And the New Year's letter from Producer Akihiko Matsui talked about what's happening now and coming this year.

Read the full story here

Comments

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    I wonder if the levels will be made in to NFT´'s. Or if they reserv that for well.. everything else.
    RoinScot

This have been a good conversation

• QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    edited January 2022
    I wish I coul get back into this. Classic, pre-Abyssea is still the measure I hold other MMOs to in a variety of areas. I thought I'd be playing it 'til they sunsetted the servers.

It's great to see it's still progressing and maintaining a healthy playerbase. It just lost me since Abyssea. Game changed too much.
    godsmack1
  • TalraekkTalraekk Member UncommonPosts: 260
    I love the game. Longest parties I've ever held in games. Extended into call ins at work even after 12 hours all night. It's only gotten better, to me. But Playonline is a blight, and I frankly resubbed recently and didn't play soley due to the camera and controls.
  • godsmack1godsmack1 Member UncommonPosts: 23
    omg the memories on xbox live u guys i mean this goes all the way back to 2002 for me i played this faithfully every day for 8yrs strait an i made alot of friends to
    i would love to get back into this too
    but every thing has changed now..i wouldnt even know where to start.
    lol it was so kool casting cure on a skeleton and it was instant death for them.
  • godsmack1godsmack1 Member UncommonPosts: 23
    hard to play on pc always needed a xbox controler
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    My first thought reading this title was Vana White has been in FF games?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DaftDaft Member UncommonPosts: 170

godsmack1 said:

you can still use a xbox controller on PC
  • DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,458
    I missed FF11 (and DAoC :( )in its prime and I will always regret that. Steamcharts says no one plays the game anymore, and I recall picking it up during a sale and being unable to get into the game at all. I'm not sure if it is emulated with a good population somewhere or not but it would be cool to experience it.

Many of the servers have a light population I believe except for Asura. I would not really rely on Steamcharts for this because I think many play via the client provided by the site instead of steam.
    [Deleted User]
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    I always thought they shut the game down once FFXIV was done.....I havent heard a word about it since.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    I always thought they shut the game down once FFXIV was done.....I havent heard a word about it since.
    If Wizardry was around he would have something to say. He always talked about this game in almost every thread until he moved on to Ark Survival.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    Daft said:

godsmack1 said:

you can still use a xbox controller on PC
    Or you can use a keyboard and mouse as god meant you to. ;)