Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO ReRoll: The Not So MMOs | MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178

klash2def said:

Your “powder wig” crap is simply another lame attempt at making ageist remarks while hiding.  You specifically refer to old people multiple times.  It’s sad.  Please stop.  Want to talk Traditionalist... sure.  But don’t bring age into it.

Wait. Why are you so hyper-sensitive about your age? Isn't it a badge of honor to live to be a higher age? Did I speak to age being a bad thing? what age exactly did I say was a bad thing? I hope I make it to be an elder. Doesn't change the reality of anything I said.

It is true that older people are usually the most rigid. That is true. All I see around here is complaining about how "new mmos" arent good enough and UO or DaOC was the best thing ever blah blah blah.

Can't find a single thing to enjoy because everything sucks and if I like those said things (MMOs that aren't in your neat little box), I suck too.. it's a shitty default setting to have.. again most of the people who are in that group around here are OLD.

That's not my fault sir. 

I never once said being old is wrong or I hate old people. stop lying. 

Again, you want to make this about age when I was talking about rigid thinking in a fast pace industry. Specifically, MMOs in case you forgot.. you know what the thread was about?

Another one of your pathetic attempts to derail any thread I'm in.

*steps on 18th-century soapbox with newfound 18th-century Brit accent*

I repeat.. and read carefully.. a powdered wig person is a person that is rigid in thinking! A person who ignores the world around them and clings to tradition with white-knuckled fingers! They reject progress and science! They scream in the face of Logic! Above all else. they fear.. nay... DESPISE anything they do not understand!

I don't need to look far. This site has enough people like that. You can keep the box.

and the powder.

Imagine being old and feeling bad about it.

Anyone on this site who has been a part of it should be pretty old by now. This isn't exactly a 20's and younger hang out niche now. I mean maybe in 2009 or so the population was kids. I was one of those kids but frankly .this site is for gray hairs.

I'm cool with that. I'm so old my avatars on twitch look like the generation of graphics that came out back in the 80's. I'm so old my toys used to be made of pretty much 100% 90's toxic plastic. I'm so old I still remember reader rabbit and typing swear words on a old 486...but it was NEW.

I'm so old I was a beta tester for ultima online on a 56k connection (Blazing fast) and had to buy the CD's the game came in on...for like 50 bucks.

Man I love being old. The bar drops dramatically when you reach 30+.
    klash2def
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Astropuyo said:

klash2def said:

Your “powder wig” crap is simply another lame attempt at making ageist remarks while hiding.  You specifically refer to old people multiple times.  It’s sad.  Please stop.  Want to talk Traditionalist... sure.  But don’t bring age into it.

Wait. Why are you so hyper-sensitive about your age? Isn't it a badge of honor to live to be a higher age? Did I speak to age being a bad thing? what age exactly did I say was a bad thing? I hope I make it to be an elder. Doesn't change the reality of anything I said.

It is true that older people are usually the most rigid. That is true. All I see around here is complaining about how "new mmos" arent good enough and UO or DaOC was the best thing ever blah blah blah.

Can't find a single thing to enjoy because everything sucks and if I like those said things (MMOs that aren't in your neat little box), I suck too.. it's a shitty default setting to have.. again most of the people who are in that group around here are OLD.

That's not my fault sir. 

I never once said being old is wrong or I hate old people. stop lying. 

Again, you want to make this about age when I was talking about rigid thinking in a fast pace industry. Specifically, MMOs in case you forgot.. you know what the thread was about?

Another one of your pathetic attempts to derail any thread I'm in.

*steps on 18th-century soapbox with newfound 18th-century Brit accent*

I repeat.. and read carefully.. a powdered wig person is a person that is rigid in thinking! A person who ignores the world around them and clings to tradition with white-knuckled fingers! They reject progress and science! They scream in the face of Logic! Above all else. they fear.. nay... DESPISE anything they do not understand!

I don't need to look far. This site has enough people like that. You can keep the box.

and the powder.

Imagine being old and feeling bad about it.

Anyone on this site who has been a part of it should be pretty old by now. This isn't exactly a 20's and younger hang out niche now. I mean maybe in 2009 or so the population was kids. I was one of those kids but frankly .this site is for gray hairs.

I'm cool with that. I'm so old my avatars on twitch look like the generation of graphics that came out back in the 80's. I'm so old my toys used to be made of pretty much 100% 90's toxic plastic. I'm so old I still remember reader rabbit and typing swear words on a old 486...but it was NEW.

I'm so old I was a beta tester for ultima online on a 56k connection (Blazing fast) and had to buy the CD's the game came in on...for like 50 bucks.

Man I love being old. The bar drops dramatically when you reach 30+.
    Agree, but sadly some feel the need to use age as an insult.  The "powder wigs", the "Boomers", the "Old people"...  

MMORPG.COM makes it quite clear that you should not make insulting comments about a person's race, sex, sexuality and AGE.

I simply will not accept it and will call it out each time.  Lets talk about people's individual characteristics and not try to lamely make fun of people for what they are.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited January 2022
    tzervo said:

Agree, but sadly some feel the need to use age as an insult.  The "powder wigs", the "Boomers", the "Old people

MMORPG.COM makes it quite clear that you should not make insulting comments about a person's race, sex, sexuality and AGE.

I simply will not accept it and will call it out each time.  Lets talk about people's individual characteristics and not try to lamely make fun of people for what they are.
    Cuts both ways though. I haven't seen anyone point that out when comments about "millenials/zoomers" , "kids these days with their mobile games/attention span" and similar comments come up.

Does that make it right?   Substitute words for race, sex, or sexuality into his comments and decide if they would be acceptable.

If the only way you can make your argument is to put down a persons race, sex, age, etc..   Its a sign you have no argument to make.  And let there be no doubt that in these (and far too many) posts he uses age (and transparent substitutes like Powder Wigs) as an insult.

I will call it out every time he does it.

klash2def

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

tzervo said:
    tzervo said:

Agree, but sadly some feel the need to use age as an insult.  The "powder wigs", the "Boomers", the "Old people

Cuts both ways though. I haven't seen anyone point that out when comments about "millenials/zoomers" , "kids these days with their mobile games/attention span" and similar comments come up.

Does that make it right?   Substitute words for race, sex, or sexuality into his comments and decide if they would be acceptable.

If the only way you can make your argument is to put down a persons race, sex, age, etc..   Its a sign you have no argument to make.  And let there be no doubt that in these (and far too many) posts he uses age (and transparent substitutes like Powder Wigs) as an insult.

I will call it out every time he does it.

No it doesn't. And you are right to point it out. But if you want to be fair you should call it out when younger people are bashed too. I haven't seen any one do that.
    Let them call it out themselves.  If you ever see me tell them they are wrong to do so then call me out.
    klash2def

• LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 338
    Dauntless is a decent game. I've put in some hours and it really is - decent -. Sadly that's all I could get out of it. I have access to Monster Hunter: World, and soon Monster Hunter Rise, so I can't see why I'd ever play Dauntless over them.

It has been a while since I last played it (Maybe... a year?) so if it has genuinely changed where it's not just Monster Hunter Lite anymore, I'd be willing to concede and give it another go.

In saying that, I may as well download it now and formulate my own opinion. I can do with a small break from FF14 until the 4th.
    [Deleted User]klash2def
  • PoorOld_GamerGentPoorOld_GamerGent Member UncommonPosts: 25
    edited February 2022
    I wonder what's happened with this series... no more ReRolls?
    (but ofc I ain't checking in here too often anymore, maybe I've just missed it)

Would be a shame to see it go, that's the only thing I look back here for occasionally.
    SWTOR seems like a neat ReRoll candidate after the update, even with the messed up UI :)