Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

List the games you have bought but never played

jim01qjim01q Member UncommonPosts: 10
Obviously, if you refunded it, that doesn't count.

Bonus points for
paying top dollar
the game being triple A (lol)
triple points for it being triple A but you immediately assessed it as being sh i t but you paid top dollar for it and it it still in your library with 7mins played.
AlBQuirky

Comments

• jim01qjim01q Member UncommonPosts: 10
    I have at least 20 with less than 2hrs played
    AlBQuirky
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    Bought but never played would only be 1; War Plan Orange.  Really should have looked into it more, just couldn't get into it and hated the way the battles were handled.  Also I have one I didn't actually buy, but it was given to me as a birthday gift that I've never even loaded.

Bought and disappointed in so not playing would be:
    - Children of the Nile 20.9 hrs:   I like the game, but it's just sooooo darn slow.
    - Table Top Simulator 3.3 hrs:  Would rather just play with the actual boardgame.  For me the playing feeling doesn't translate well onto a computer screen.
    AlBQuirky

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• eoloeeoloe Member RarePosts: 864
    - Ark survival evolved (should try it again with my new computer)
    - BattleZone 98 Redux (love the game but nobody is online)
    - Blade symphony (8 min play time)
    - Hellgate london (played a lot when the original came out - the "new" version looks too ugly/clunky)
    - Mordheim (59 min)
    - Star wars squadrons (2.1 hours - good game but preferred to play something else)
    - Starbound (to play with my son - did not really work for us)
    - Valheim (82 min - bought it because of global hype - did not like it)

AlBQuirky
  • DafAtRandomDafAtRandom Member UncommonPosts: 125
    Across all platforms, I estimate the amount of games I have purchased but never played to about 500.
    I've been collecting games for 10+ years and I usually finish every game I start, so while I'm slowly trudging through my collection, I only beat so many games a year, and always add more than I play.
    maskedweaselAlBQuirky
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Hmm, I have an insane amount of games, many unplayed.

Some noteworthy and on my ‘really need to start this’ list are:

Switch:

Wargroove
    Moonlighter
    Worldend Syndrom
    Paper Mario: the Origami King
    Miitopia

PlayStation:

Days Gone
    Kingdom Hearts 3

Xbox:

Halo 5
    Mothergunship
    Crackdown 3

PC:

Death Stranding
    Disco Elysium
    Age of Wonders: Planetfall
    Mutant Year Zero

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    AlBQuirky
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• giantessfangiantessfan Member UncommonPosts: 185
    Too many count on Xbox. Holy crap. Which is my main system. Only use PC to play MMO's. 

Thanks to Gamepass now as well I sometimes don't even dip into my backlog because I see something there that looks interesting. 
    AlBQuirky[Deleted User]
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    too many to mention, wish I had all that $$$ back.
    AlBQuirky

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    All from my Steam Library, on the list to play "some day"

Disco Elysium 2.9 hrs played
    Mutant Year Zero 4.4 hrs played
    Tower of Time 0 hrs
    Atom RPG 0 hrs
    Conan Exiles 0 hrs
    Civ 5 0 hrs
    XCOM 2 -  0 hrs
    Eador, Masters of Brkn World 0 hrs
    Dead Maze 0 hrs
    Legends of Grimrock 2 - 0 hrs
    Grim Dawn 0 hrs
    7 Days to Die 0 hrs
    Elite Dangerous 0 hrs
    Total War, Warhammer 0 hrs
    Endless Space 0 hrs
    Massive Chalice 0 hrs
    Hearts of Iron 0 hrs
    Prison Architect 0 hrs

On computer
    DDO - downloaded this to laptop last fall, never took it through account creation, probably will delete next time I think of it.

Just realized, I don't even have EVE Online downloaded to "new laptop" which I've had since June 2020.  Guess I really am done for good with that one.

AlBQuirky

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    402 games in my GOG library. I play mainly 4 of them regularly (Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Ticket to Ride, and lately Horizon Zero Dawn). Many are re-purchases of older games I played a lot 10-20 years ago. I'd say that I've played maybe 12 of them, leaving 390 not played after an install.

Steam is currently uninstalled (hard drive troubles) so I can not recall how many games I have there. I only play X-Com 2 and Skyrim with any regularity. I've tried my hand a few times at playing Valkyrian Chronicles. I'd say that leaves possibly about 100 more games I've never played after installing.

My old discs, I played everyone of them. I bought them 1 at time and played them.

About 500 games NOT played. Some AAA, some Indy, lots of steam key bundles/sales/rewards. Does that answer the question?
    BLNX

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

Too many count on Xbox. Holy crap. Which is my main system. Only use PC to play MMO's. 

Thanks to Gamepass now as well I sometimes don't even dip into my backlog because I see something there that looks interesting. 

CRAP! Totally forgot about X-Box! My X-Box 360 is still used when I want to play Madden NFL 10. Loads of games NOT played there. I even bought the "Game Room" and a few arcade games until I remembered how those hurt my fingers :lol:

Add another 40 to 50 games, most later Madden NFL iterations.
    BLNX

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    It's kind of crazy how many I have. I went on Steamdb and looked up my profile on just steam alone and I have 323 games I have never launched. I bet I have ~300 also that have less than 2 hours played. I just buy a lot of crap on sales or in bundles and just never end up touching things I thought I would. I also own a ton of retro games I bought just because I thought they were cool and I collect games but I am too lazy to set up my old consoles. 
    AlBQuirkyBLNXBabuinix
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    It's kind of crazy how many I have. I went on Steamdb and looked up my profile on just steam alone and I have 323 games I have never launched. I bet I have ~300 also that have less than 2 hours played. I just buy a lot of crap on sales or in bundles and just never end up touching things I thought I would. I also own a ton of retro games I bought just because I thought they were cool and I collect games but I am too lazy to set up my old consoles. 
    Me too. Really a lot.
    AlBQuirkyBLNX
    Chamber of Chains
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I 1063 games on my PS library that I have never even downloaded. 
    AlBQuirky
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311
    I...I can't make that list. It's quite large and goes all the way back to the PS1. I used to joke about collecting games to play when I retire.
    AlBQuirky[Deleted User]Tokken

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

I...I can't make that list. It's quite large and goes all the way back to the PS1. I used to joke about collecting games to play when I retire.

That's how I think of all those games :D
    Panther2103

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    AlBQuirky said:
    402 games in my GOG library. I play mainly 4 of them regularly (Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Ticket to Ride, and lately Horizon Zero Dawn). Many are re-purchases of older games I played a lot 10-20 years ago. I'd say that I've played maybe 12 of them, leaving 390 not played after an install.

Steam is currently uninstalled (hard drive troubles) so I can not recall how many games I have there. I only play X-Com 2 and Skyrim with any regularity. I've tried my hand a few times at playing Valkyrian Chronicles. I'd say that leaves possibly about 100 more games I've never played after installing.

My old discs, I played everyone of them. I bought them 1 at time and played them.

About 500 games NOT played. Some AAA, some Indy, lots of steam key bundles/sales/rewards. Does that answer the question?
    GOG library...I forgot about that, I know I have all three Witcher titles on it I never played, along with some others, have to go download it on my "new" laptop. (1.5 yrs old)

I also signed up for Gamepass, haven't logged in yet.

So many games, so little time.

;)

SovrathTheocritusAlBQuirky

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Well, I have quite a few on my backlog already purchased. 

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
    Yakuza Origins Collection
    Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise
    Sakura Wars
    Ni No Kuni 2
    Atelier Ryza
    Valkyria Chronicles 4
    Monster Hunter Stories 2
    Doom 2016
    Tokyo Xanadu Ex+
    Trails of Cold Steel 4 (still working on 3)
    Super Mario 3D All Stars collection
    AlBQuirky
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    jim01q said:
    I have at least 20 with less than 2hrs played

I have tons of those also but I ask for a refund on that....Theres a few that I played 3 hours and said why didnt I refund this one?
    AlBQuirky
  • JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    Dark and Light
    The Guild 3
    Vampyr
    Minecraft
    Day of Dragons
    Creativerse
    AlBQuirky

• DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,458
    I probably have too many to count since I buy bundles a lot and get a bunch of games I know I probably wont play just to get more 'bang for my buck' when buying a title I do want in them
    AlBQuirky
    Can I tag on another inquiry?

How many "Free Games" have you touched for more than 10 minutes?

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    AlBQuirky said:
    Can I tag on another inquiry?

How many "Free Games" have you touched for more than 10 minutes?

I like alot of the free games....THe secret is don't look at the cash shop and just play.....The nice thing about free games is that you don't feel obligated...You come and go as you please....
    AlBQuirky