Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World Of Warcraft Is Adding Cross-Faction Instances, Bringing Alliance And Horde Players Together |

2»

Comments

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    In other words, we dont have enough people so we are trying to make groups even if it conflicts with the lore!
  • etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855
    maybe if they hadnt given horde such OP racials they would not need to do this.

everyone i know who played wow, litterally every single of my friends, swapped to horde due to certain racials, Zandalari trolls for one...

so suddenly, basically overnight old alliance guilds start to transfer to horde...

i have 0 friends playing alliance, well, 3 of us prefer alliance, but all has gone horde, so we are too, and no! evendespite me preferring to be the alliance, i cannot now go back to my human paladin, after having tried a zandalari paladin ..+4 crit chance and full life every 2.5 mins. just so broken lol.
  • BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member RarePosts: 567
    Yet another previously RPG game that sacrifices core RPG concepts for the sake of convenience, balance and similar nebulous concepts that should at best be merely a secondary concern for any true RPG game.

Where previously you had your place very well defined within the game world by your faction, race, class, etc. with each offering unique reasons to pick precisely that class and race and faction, now more than ever in WoW's history your gameplay will be nothing more than a bunch of pixels and M+ performance metrics.

There is a reason why all these details matter in every RPG. There is a reason why the extra flavour, quality of ingredients and execution, etc. differentiate haute cuisine from random junk food. You can eat both, but the experience will be dramatically different.

But then, this is WoW and they have been hard at work to remove the key role-playing elements from it for a good number of expansions now. So onwards, MSBlizz, towards the bright future of a generic mobile game with WoW (TM) branding!

Diabhual
  • FinvegaFinvega Member RarePosts: 260
    Who cares?
  • LeCreauxLeCreaux Member UncommonPosts: 22
    edited February 2022
    Well then, why can’t we make Blood Elf druids already. If we’re going name everything after developers and then un-name them. We can identify as whatever faction we want. The whole lore argument for anything is pretty much moot. Blood Elf druids. In fact, unlock all races from class restrictions.
  • qtaqqtaq Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Geez come on people WoW this worn out game just needs to go away, put it in maintenance mode and move the hell on, not withstanding the ridiculous management team at Blizzard that has let a great company go to crap because of their peckers. Then here comes Microsoft wants to buy this company for 68 billion dollars of promoting its okay to treat your employees like arse. Blizzard no longer matters... enough said.
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    This to me says diminished population.
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    In other words, we dont have enough people so we are trying to make groups even if it conflicts with the lore!

More to do with faction imbalance than population. Still a very good population, especially given it's in between content patches and nearing the end of an expansion. My LFD queue times are 6-8 min as Horde dps. With cross-faction, queue times will be near instant.
    etlar
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Alliance and Horde British style. Jeremy is Horde.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Torval said:
    In a game where nothing changes and factions have virtually no real value.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh noes the lore. The lore got trashed starting around Cataclysm, maybe even before. I played a portion of this last xpac and the world consists of disconnected pockets of "lore" with absolutely no continuity or flow. Cross faction instance sharing in a game all about running dungeons and raids is about the least of their "lore" problems.
    I have always wondered what the cinema going public would have made of further WoW films..."WTF is going on"???!!! :)
    [Deleted User]
  • foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    "Cross-faction is happening! One of the many things we said we would never do! We're desparate! Please come back, we need the money for our legal fees... please...?!"
    znushu
  • GravebladeGraveblade Member UncommonPosts: 547
    Hmmm I hate to say it but I think it will actually be a good thing.

BUT

Only because of how they already butchered wow in the first place with cross realm, merging servers... all that crap... which they thought would improve the game, but actually destroyed a piece of it.

Nowadays I feel like the faction war is pretty minimal so it won't matter much, but will increase queue times and such. The game isn't a faction vs faction game quite like it used to be, both just in general gameplay and in lore and theme. It has been a long time now since it was like that.
    Started playing mmorpg's in 1996 and have been hooked ever since. It began with Kingdom of Drakkar, Ultima Online, Everquest, DAoC, WoW...
  • Furimax86Furimax86 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Right choice
  • DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,456
    I'm not for or against it, but thing to keep in mind is that its opt-in and only for pre-made instanced content, like raids/M+/ranked pvp. I know all of that is more of a 'for-now' thing, but I'll honestly cross that bridge when it comes to it. To me, the game has more issues than cross-faction instancing, so this wont really further 'damage' the game since many people left for bigger issues, such as loot progression/pointless expansion specific systems that are later throwaway and even previous systems that were sacrificed to help create some of these throwaway systems.
    [Deleted User]
  • OmegaXtcOmegaXtc Member UncommonPosts: 36
    It sounds like Horde won the war
    [Deleted User]
  • TheDalaiBombaTheDalaiBomba Member EpicPosts: 1,493
    The more I read about it, the less sense WoW's faction war makes in terms of lore.

I know they wanted a reason for PvP, but after WC3, Mists of Pandaria, etc etc, these two factions should've put their swords aside long ago.
    Iselin
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    The more I read about it, the less sense WoW's faction war makes in terms of lore.

I know they wanted a reason for PvP, but after WC3, Mists of Pandaria, etc etc, these two factions should've put their swords aside long ago.
    It was more a classic WOW thing but even before Pandaria, in Cataclysm they started de-emphasizing the antagonism between the two and have them fighting a greater threat more or less together.

In the events that lead up to the latest expansion that took place mostly in Icecrown, it was literally Alliance and Horde together flying around from boss event to boss event gearing up with new high score gear altogether in one zergball :)
    TheDalaiBomba
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Hey that's pretty cool.  Sort of a 'Marvel moment'

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• TheodwulfTheodwulf Member UncommonPosts: 311
    The new changes would NOT get me to return to WoW: Retail and the "LIST" of reasons NOT to play WoW is so long at this point, there is no reason to list them anymore. One thing is certain, WoW will not be allowed a dignified end and now Microsoft will come in and rip the copper out of the walls for scrap.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    They have lost another 2 million monthly active players according to the Q4 report.
    [Deleted User]

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Was playing TBC but I lost interest and stopped. So going to cancel soon.
    Chamber of Chains